Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Amy L

Spun Silver

I like this choice for them too. Very emotional and gorgeous - just what the doctor ordered. (bad pun, sorry)

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Optimistic about the LP! I kinda wish they turned SOS into a competitive program, but at least after suffering for years wondering what the hell their team was thinking, they are on the right track with their programs the last few years.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I think they used SOS has a gala piece for so long, it would have been a bit stale to use it has a competitive program. They do seem to connect to Dimash Kudaibergen's music though, so hopefully that will bode well for their FS.

I don't think there's going to be a lot to this season with the crud, so I'm hoping for a decent outing or two and good health for both after Evgenia's injury last season and Vladimir having had the crud.

Bellanca

I don't think there's going to be a lot to this season with the crud, so I'm hoping for a decent outing or two and good health for both after Evgenia's injury last season and Vladimir having had the crud
And in a way, not much of a season could be a blessing in disguise for them. It allows for time to rehabilitate injuries, and regain strength from a previous illness (aka the crud), get back up to speed. The silver lining, you could say.

aka_gerbil

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Link:
Relevant excerpt:
- How is your couple, Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov?
- Vova [Vladimir] had a coronavirus infection, as you know, and for three weeks we could not train. He was in quarantine for 14 days, then tests were done for a week so that Rospotrebnadzor lagged behind us. I know that in other cities this is easier, in St. Petersburg people go out on the ice after 10 days. Unfortunately, in Moscow they followed very closely, constantly called, came, had to install the application and check in. Everything was more serious, three weeks without ice.

Of course, because of this, they had to reshape their calendar, the guys were unable to return to the base in the USA. There are difficulties, but we are preparing for the stage in Kazan [Nov. 8-12], everything is still according to plan. They work very well now, purposefully, you can see the sparkle in their eyes, they succeed in training. Vova has a small hand injury, but, I hope, the black streak is behind us and we can already start this season.

Side note: Rospotrebnadzor is the "Federal agency that works to provide oversight and control of wellbeing and consumer rights and protection of the citizens of the Russian Federation."

aka_gerbil

A short Russian interview with Vladimir:

He says they have missed competing, are optimistic, and hoping the 5th RC event in Moscow doesn’t end up being cancelled because of YNW.

Sylvia

TBD
Bolero SP (78.72), 3rd place in Kazan earlier today:

Sylvia

TBD
2nd in FS (148.41), 227.13 total, and silver medal in Kazan:
ISU bio lists their music as Adagio by Tomaso Albinoni performed by Dimash Kudaibergen.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This is a step forward for T&M, IMO. Returning to competition after such a long break, sickness, injuries, they moved up past B&K. They should be proud and confident, moving forward. Best wishes for good health.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Not bad. I would've been satisfied had they been the only top team here. Psychologically they need a win but I hope beating B/K was a mental boost. It shows they are capable of winning. I said this in the pbp thread but sometimes it feels like they are on their own timeline that isn't in sync with everyone else. This was solid for as much time as they've been off but they're unlucky having strong domestic competition. I recently looked on Wikipedia and they have competed literally twice as much as Sui/Han over the last couple years. They don't have the option to just disappear for long periods of time and then come out when they're in shape.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
2nd in FS (148.41), 227.13 total, and silver medal in Kazan:
ISU bio lists their music as Adagio by Tomaso Albinoni performed by Dimash Kudaibergen.
Just watched this. Not bad for their first competition with this new LP. Couple of small but costly mistakes or they could have won.

This music suits them much better than last year’s. I love the costumes. Very elegant. If skated clean, this is a winner.

Last year they said Their ultimate goal is the OGM, but in Russia it is so tough to just make the team!

At the end of last season they said they were not too worried about (not) beating B&K,because they want to beat Sui Han. Now they have to worry about M&G though.

The tough competition in Russia helps all of their pairs to get better, like in the ladies field. However, I would like to watch them without me feeling nervous, at least sometimes. They need that winning feeling to boost their confidence.

Amy L

They looked pretty good for how much time they missed. God, it's been since Europeans hasn't it!!

I was a little worried about how much was Vladimir was gasping at the end though. Him being winded at the end of a LP is typical for him, but after getting CV19 I can't imagine that felt too good. I thought someone was going to have to administer oxygen but once he sat down in the knc he started to look better pretty quickly.

The LP was quite good, I think they're finally settling into a real style after some debacles in the past.

T/M have already beaten literally everyone at least once, but Russia is a total crapshoot. Last year M/G were much more consistent in the fall then had an iffier end of the season that left them off the Nationals podium. B/K were the most consistent, but not quite 100%. T/M have a knack for coming from behind at the last second, but they really need to work on their consistency. It's better when your Fed trusts you that you'll always be in the top 2 no matter where you go or what time of the year it is.

CV has shot everything to hell though, it's hard to tell where everyone is at in their preparations and their mental game.

oz01

Evgenia looked confident and her 3T and 3S were much better than last season. Liked their new LP too. Can’t wait to see it when Vladimir gets his strength back

Amy L

I don't like that lyrics exist for Adagio at all no matter who the singer is. :lol: T/M seem to like Dimash so I wasn't surprised they went with his vocals. I still think it's a step up from the odd Parseltongue sounding thing they went with last year, but I do wish they had gone with the original Adagio.

BittyBug

Disgusted
At least they didn't go with Sarah Brightman. :shuffle:

I thought they looked quite good. And I like Vladimir's long hair and beard.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am concerned that T&M may drop to number three in Russia, with the success of M&G and B&K. That is a precarious position to be in. I still believe they are the best pair but unless they land the jumps consistently they could lose their spot on the world team. I think they are safe this year but next year it is the Olympics berth. The younger teams will be stronger. It might be their last chance to go for the OGM.

aka_gerbil

Last year, I was the one worried about T/M's long term chances, but I'm actually feeling better at this point. We learned that Evgenia was skating on an injured leg last season, which explains a lot. They didn't win in Kazan, but the errors there were clearly "lack of stamina post Vladimir having the crud" and not "lack of confidence or ability." Overall, T/M handily beat B/K in Kazan. Then, B/K turned around and beat M/G this weekend. Nothing is set in stone here. At the end of the day, T/M have the maturity to their skating that the younger teams don't and I think a clean T/M will get a boost in international scoring compared to the younger teams because of that. I remain convinced that clean T/M is the only team that can take on a clean S/H and it really does all come down to maturity.

My takes on their performances in Kazan that make me feel more hopeful are that they seemed into both programs and performing for the first time in years. The fire and determination seem back for the first time in a long time. Best of all, Evgenia's confidence and her ability to jump seem to have returned. I'm glad they added Voronov to their team--she just seems so much more solid and not so tentative. Vladimir had errors, but I do think it's clearly related to needing to build stamina back up.

I think, deep down, I'd been "shrug" on keeping Bolero for another season because I didn't know if there was a lot more that they could do with it, but I think there is still room to grow that program out some more. I think if we get worlds, it could really be something special. The FS music makes my ears bleed, but they seem connected to it and each other in the performance and that's what matters.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I'm also happy to see Sergei Voronov with them. I just feel like he's a calming influence and can give them good advice from all his experience.

Their scores at Kazan would have given them silver at Rostelecom. So they would have beaten both B/K and M/G once and lost to them once. That tells me anyone can win depending on the day. They just need to deliver. Even if PCS are similar, they have the best elements and can win on the GOE. Last year all the momentum was against them but now it's pretty equal.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am heartbroken to see them pull out of the fifth event. Zhenya has pneumonia but didn’t they treat YKW treat like pneumonia around March/April? I hope it is not YKW. I hope she can recover quickly. I remember that after Liza was down with Pneumonia in2018 or 2019, she didn’t do that well at the nationals and the RSF used that excuse to not send her to worlds.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
She wasn't well enough yet to go to nationals that year, if I remember correctly.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Any news on Zhenya’s health? Is it really pneumonia or YKW? So many Russian skaters are getting sick with YKW! Either way it is bad. Takes a long time to recover and regain the strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information