Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
Any news on Zhenya’s health? Is it really pneumonia or YKW? So many Russian skaters are getting sick with YKW! Either way it is bad. Takes a long time to recover and regain the strength.

The day they made the announcement, they also said they were resuming training that day.

The never clarified if it was regular pneumonia or the crud.

Amy L

Max's last sentence (Evgenia and Vladimir were already sick, so we can be calm for the next several months) makes it sound like he's confirming that Zhenya's recent pneumonia was cv19 related.

aka_gerbil

Max's last sentence (Evgenia and Vladimir were already sick, so we can be calm for the next several months) makes it sound like he's confirming that Zhenya's recent pneumonia was cv19 related.

I had the same take-away. If they both had to catch it, it’s too bad it wasn’t at the same time.

Amy L

So happy for the guys today :cheer2: I don't know how they'll do with plague lungs in the LP, but the SP was a beaut!

Channel One also posted an interview. My inlaws are here so I put my phone on mute while I try to catch up on some of the events (and half watch while I pretend to listen to them :shuffle: ) so I can't attempt any kind of a translation right now. Just glad that they look so happy. :)

aka_gerbil

I think they’re not the only ones with plague lungs, so who knows how the long will go.

The short program was gorgeous. They had 11.7 points in GOE. I am still side-eyeing the few judges that gave them 4’s and not 5’s on the twist though. 🤣

Fare the well with your in-laws, Amy.

Amy L

I think they’re not the only ones with plague lungs, so who knows how the long will go.

Fare the well with your in-laws, Amy.

Evgenia may have the most recently developed plague lungs which is why I worry about her more. Sasha Boikova was out for a few weeks with a "bad cold" after Kazan but said all of her tests were negative. So who knows what's going on with any of those kids really.

Thank you for your well wishes. I need them. The mil has already started in on the nanobots in the covid vaccine.

aka_gerbil

After the fed said S/K didn’t have YNW, but Nikita confirmed that they did, I take reports of negative tests with a lot of grains of salt. Given how long Boikova was off ice, I’m suspicious.

Oh dear on your MIL and the nanobots.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It bothers me to see so many Russian coaches walking around with masks below their noses or no masks at all. Even the great Tamara Moskvina didn’t have a mask on when she was with B&K after their SP. so many Russian skaters have gotten sick! Are the officials not doing Anything to protect them?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
So happy for T&M! They really needed this win. They had been second place finishers for too long.

When she fell on the throw 3S late in the program, it was so frustrating! They had skated beautifully up to that point. They got past their nemesis the sbs jumps with only a small deduction, then major error on the throw which they usually land.

They looked so disappointed and then they all erupted with joy when the marks came up. They even won the free program by a tiny margin, so a solid win with the lead in the SP. This music suits them. The program is beautifully constructed and they nearly pulled it off. Their PCS alone should have been enough to put them on top, in case they lost the free.

If there are world championships in 2021, T&M could go as the reigning Russian national champions. This should give them the confidence they will need.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I agree with Vash. They really really needed this. I love this team of Sergei and Max for them. They seem like they're living it with them and love them so much. Now they can put this hard year behind them. Looking back this wasn't one of their best skates but I bet it will be one of their most cherished victories.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
So happy for them. I hope this is a reset for them going forward to next season. Given the injury prone Chinese, they have a real shot at the OGM if they can keep their focus. If I were them, I'd keep both programs for next season.

aka_gerbil

I just woke up and the result. I am so thrilled for them, especially coming off the string of illnesses and injuries.

I still think a clean t/m is the only team that could take down s/h.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I still think a clean t/m is the only team that could take down s/h.

That has been their goal since they went to Marina. I think Marina said that in an interview last year. If they deliver clean skates every time, the judges will start respecting them and they could have a chance. Their basics are superior to S&H’s and using an emotional program like this year’s will make them more competitive internationally. I had really liked their 2018-2019 programs but may be the LP was too subtle for people who prefer drama. They skated clean but lost to S&H. I like their packaging now and they have a dedicated team of coaches that looks after them.

Congratulations to T&M and their whole team.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I agree with Vash. They really really needed this. I love this team of Sergei and Max for them. They seem like they're living it with them and love them so much. Now they can put this hard year behind them. Looking back this wasn't one of their best skates but I bet it will be one of their most cherished victories.
I think finally the judges sent a message. It is the complete program, complex choreography, superior basics, finer points all added up to place T&M with a fall over B&K with a smaller mistake on the throw. The judges sent a message that they believe in T&M and that is very important.

Last edited:

Amy L

This must have been my birthday present. So thanks for that guys :lol: Definitely nowhere near clean, but hopefully it will be a big confidence boost since last year didn't go that great. Even if Worlds gets canceled again, at least they know they're still in the fight.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It was great to see Vladimir happy and smiling. I had not seen him smilling like that since they were junior or May be new senior. He did not smile much after their great SP; understandable because of their history of screw ups (remember the SP lift at theEuropeans last year?) and this time I thought they had blown it with that fall.

Anyway I better not focus on the negatives. Good luck to them rest of the way.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This must have been my birthday present. So thanks for that guys :lol: Definitely nowhere near clean, but hopefully it will be a big confidence boost since last year didn't go that great. Even if Worlds gets canceled again, at least they know they're still in the fight.
Happy birthday, one day too late.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I tried to watch their (and others’ too) exhibition but somehow that link is not working. I didn’t watch it live. It was too early for me. Now I can’t access channel one Russia.

clairecloutier

Just caught up with the event last night and was really happy to see T/M win. Except for the last 30 seconds of the LP, their programs were really good, and I felt they deserved the win here, no question. When you watch them skate vs the rest of the Russian field, there is a quite noticeable difference.... They've been through a lot the last few years, so it was nice to see them so happy.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am already thinking ahead to next year. Will they keep the same LP and use a new SP? Could ‘Skyfall’ be a good music for them? SP or LP?

Thinking of more competitions in Russia, I think they may want to get more mileage on their LP.

aka_gerbil

I am already thinking ahead to next year. Will they keep the same LP and use a new SP? Could ‘Skyfall’ be a good music for them? SP or LP?

Thinking of more competitions in Russia, I think they may want to get more mileage on their LP.

I'm also hoping that they stay put in Russia. Max and Sergei seem to be working magic with them, so I don't see the need to make a risky trek back to Florida. Also, I am personally doubtful about worlds, so getting more mileage at the internal competitions would be good for them. The LP needs it, and I think we're only a couple of competitive skates away from getting the ultimate outing of Bolero. I know they love Florida and said they were hoping to go back after nationals, but now is not the time.

As for next season, I would personally like them to have a new LP because the music for this one makes my ears bleed. However, they seem to connect to it and they're getting a lot of praise for it. It's so strange to see articles in English and Google-translated Russian praising them for their emotional skate since they usually get called emotionless. (Which, only people who haven't seen their exhibitions would think they were incapable of being emotional skaters).

I rewatched V/M's Mahler from Vancouver a couple of nights ago. I still think that piece would be lovely for them and pair well with their skating. I know Marina has reused music for her teams in the past, but I don't know if she'd reuse it an Olympic year though.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I'm also hoping that they stay put in Russia. Max and Sergei seem to be working magic with them, so I don't see the need to make a risky trek back to Florida. Also, I am personally doubtful about worlds, so getting more mileage at the internal competitions would be good for them. The LP needs it, and I think we're only a couple of competitive skates away from getting the ultimate outing of Bolero. I know they love Florida and said they were hoping to go back after nationals, but now is not the time.

As for next season, I would personally like them to have a new LP because the music for this one makes my ears bleed. However, they seem to connect to it and they're getting a lot of praise for it. It's so strange to see articles in English and Google-translated Russian praising them for their emotional skate since they usually get called emotionless. (Which, only people who haven't seen their exhibitions would think they were incapable of being emotional skaters).

I rewatched V/M's Mahler from Vancouver a couple of nights ago. I still think that piece would be lovely for them and pair well with their skating. I know Marina has reused music for her teams in the past, but I don't know if she'd reuse it an Olympic year though.
I love Mahler’s 5th symphony but I feel it is too subtle for T&M. People see them as emotionless. I think they need drama, like this year’s LP. I think the vocal by Dimash worked in their favor. Had they used the original Albinone piece, people would have found it boring. T&M will be competing against Sui Han who are very good at expressing emotions. In 2019 T&M had very good programs and they skated both clean At worlds. They still lost because the LP was too subtle and some people found it boring. Also because S&H skated great.

I think for the Olympic year they should keep this year’s LP, with only minor changes. They may have found their Nitch (like M&D found Liebestraum). They can work on a new SP because Bolero is getting old. They could try out Mahler as an exhibition piece May be this year.

For the SP my suggestions would be Romeo & Juliet (Prokofiev), Skyfall, and may be another Rachmaninov? I will have to think of a piece that has repetitive music like Bolero.

aka_gerbil

Romeo and Juliet is a powerful piece of music, but I think they’re too old for it given the story and Marina will too. She wouldn’t let v/m skate to it at a point that they were younger than t/m now because she thought they were too old. It is a story about two teenagers, one of whom was only 13.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Romeo and Juliet is a powerful piece of music, but I think they’re too old for it given the story and Marina will too. She wouldn’t let v/m skate to it at a point that they were younger than t/m now because she thought they were too old. It is a story about two teenagers, one of whom was only 13.
The powerful part of that ballet is about guests dancing at a party. It is not about the young lovers at all. Still it might be viewed as such, so you may be right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information