Figure Skating Baby News!

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Man.... Cute babies. But please don't put baby pictures on the Internet.

fan

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
The doctor, who is based in Toronto, said it was one of their patients. I don’t think Delobel was trekking into Toronto from France for ob-gyn appointments. ;)

mackiecat

Interesting Sportsnet article about pregnancy and elite athletes

Scroll down about 3/4 of the way - the Toronto pregnancy doctor discussing the "record" - an unnamed figure skater who made a return to elite competition :sasha1:just 3 months after giving birth.

Golly gee, whoever could it be? :hat1:
I hope you know cause I’m really confused. Whoever it was couldn’t have done a Grand Prix that year and if Canadian or American would have to have had a bye to Nationals.

could it be a synchro skater?

AxelAnnie

If the parent put their child's pictures on the net, it's not reasonable to chastise others for reposting them.
That was advice...freely given ... To anyone posting. Any kid pictures online. Y'all don't watch enough Lifetime movies!

I love in Polly loads country. We are a little touchy about doing anything that would make a child more accessible to a pedophile.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I love in Polly loads country. We are a little touchy about doing anything that would make a child more accessible to a pedophile.

Do you mean Polly Klaas? I don't think the guy who murdered her did it because he saw photos of her on the Internet.

AxelAnnie

Ye
Do you mean Polly Klaas? I don't think the guy who murdered her did it because he saw photos of her on the Internet.
There was no internet in those days. The man who took her watched her for several days from a park across the street.
I am always impressed when people in the public eye like show their children either with their faces blurred or in a blanket with feet showing etc.

Last edited:

oleada

Ye
There was no internet in those days. The man who took her watched her for several days from a park across the street.
I am always impressed when people in the public eye like show their children either with their faces blurred or in a blanket with feet showing etc.
Most kids who are sexually abused/molested are by people close to them (family, friends, coaches); not by random people on the internet

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Y'all don't watch enough Lifetime movies!
Thank goodness.

Actual pedophiles don't pick their victims by looking at random baby pictures online and then try to figure out where that kid actually is and go to them even if they are 100s or 1000s of miles away.

That said, pedophiles do take pictures of kids on the internet, doctor them to be more salacious, and then pass them around in their secret internet forums. If you don't want to think about someone doing that to your kids, you shouldn't post your baby pics on the internet. If you figure what you don't know can't hurt you, then don't worry about it.

AxelAnnie

Thank goodness.

Actual pedophiles don't pick their victims by looking at random baby pictures online and then try to figure out where that kid actually is and go to them even if they are 100s or 1000s of miles away.

That said, pedophiles do take pictures of kids on the internet, doctor them to be more salacious, and then pass them around in their secret internet forums. If you don't want to think about someone doing that to your kids, you shouldn't post your baby pics on the internet. If you figure what you don't know can't hurt you, then don't worry about it.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Ye

Yes, I know there was no Internet then. Which makes it even more pointless to use her as an example of why people shouldn't post baby pictures on the Internet.

fan

The doctor, who is based in Toronto, said it was one of their patients. I don’t think Delobel was trekking into Toronto from France for ob-gyn appointments. ;)
Yup, still can’t figure it out. Someone pm me if you don’t want to put it out in public

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information