Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

muffinplus

We're all just reading on the internet. We don't have any idea what's actually going on, no sense pretending we do and judging any of these kids. Besides, even if there was tension between the three girls at Eteri's. They were growing up hearing every day, "you are replaceable", "only one of you will win glory and money and the rest will be nobodies", "I don't care if you win because your friend will". That does damage. You cannot as a coach demand constant ruthless competitiveness on the ice and expect a bunch of little kids to just 'turn it off' when you want them too. Not how developmental psychology works.

If we are all just reading on the internet, why are you claiming to know Eteri said these things? :confused:

hanca

Values her privacy
We're all just reading on the internet. We don't have any idea what's actually going on, no sense pretending we do and judging any of these kids. Besides, even if there was tension between the three girls at Eteri's. They were growing up hearing every day, "you are replaceable", "only one of you will win glory and money and the rest will be nobodies", "I don't care if you win because your friend will". That does damage. You cannot as a coach demand constant ruthless competitiveness on the ice and expect a bunch of little kids to just 'turn it off' when you want them too. Not how developmental psychology works.
I hate to point out, but the majority of that is true. There is so many decent ladies, that they are replaceable. If one gets injured, there will be another one to win the competition. A few years back everyone was forecasting Gubanova and Tsurskaya to be the next Olympic champions. Look where are they now. It is also true that only one wins the glory and money. Despite the claims that ‘everyone is the winner’, this is sport and there is only one winner. So the damage is not caused by the coach stating the obvious. Even if the coach didn’t say it, the girls would have to be completely stupid if they were not aware of the reality of elite sport, especially sport which is so fully packed with all those talented and hardworking skaters.

Scott512

How can you know that? You read it and you believe it because you want to believe it!!! There is no evidence.
They cant skate on the same ice at the same time! Its perplexing and disappointing. That is the evidence. TT would never put up with this. Then again maybe thats one of the reasons they arent there anymore. ;)

lala

They cant skate on the same ice at the same time! Its perplexing and disappointing. That is the evidence. TT would never put up with this. Then again maybe thats one of the reasons they arent there anymore. ;)

That is nothing. Probably you didn't read Plushenko's autobiography where he clearly stated how disturbing and annoying was when they trained together with Yagudin and they were happy when Mishin decided they receive separated training time.He didn't foget it and knows that is more healthy for everyone. Everybody knows Yuzuru and Javier have never trained together.
TT didn't do that because they had no more ice time they need to train together. But Plushenko has own ice what is good.

Last edited:

lala

If we are all just reading on the internet, why are you claiming to know Eteri said these things? :confused:

Probably because she is really strict coach. According to Aliona and Polina Shelepen she swearing and scolding them. I can imagine she uses these sentences if she wants to motivate her skaters. Plus that is true.

Last edited:

Orm Irian

Everybody knows Yuzuru and Javier have never trained together.

Hanyu and Fernandez trained on the same ice plenty of times. It was only in the leadup to the 2018 Olympics that Orser started scheduling their training sessions, and Gabrielle Daleman's too, so that they all trained individually - and from what I recall, he said that that was as much to keep his own attention focused on the skater he was supposed to be coaching at any given time as it was to give them space away from their closest competition, because otherwise he found himself getting caught up in trying to coach all three at the same time and it wasn't doing any of them any good.

lala

Hanyu and Fernandez trained on the same ice plenty of times. It was only in the leadup to the 2018 Olympics that Orser started scheduling their training sessions, and Gabrielle Daleman's too, so that they all trained individually - and from what I recall, he said that that was as much to keep his own attention focused on the skater he was supposed to be coaching at any given time as it was to give them space away from their closest competition, because otherwise he found himself getting caught up in trying to coach all three at the same time and it wasn't doing any of them any good.

OK, my mistake I read that everywhere. But the essence is there. He trained them separately when that was the most important. Probably Orser pays for the ice, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information