Nguyen & Kolesnik have ended their partnership

Ka3sha

Vadym Kolesnik for Russian press: The split of our team? There were reasons. Some of those were personal. I am looking for the partner now. Probably outside of the States

kirkbiggestfan

Jean-Luc Baker, Anthony Ponomarenko, Michael Parsons, Logan Bye, Jeffrey Chen,..aybody else?
It has to be a short list for potential partners for her.
Curious to see who stays with Igor.

heartyxo

I gotta say, I'm not in favour of breaking up another partnership just for a single dancer. I hope no other US teams are broken up just for Avonley, as talented as she is.

Teams like Carreira/Ponomarenko and Green/Parsons could rise to the top next quad, when the field is going to look so different with most of the current top tier being veterans. Hawayek/Baker could be a force too if they get back on track and continue after 2022. Although these teams may have limitations, they shouldn't be broken up if they don't want to be, especially as all these teams work very well together despite the limitations.

Perky Shae Lynn

Ah was Vadym a 'rent a pair guy' arrangement? I can think of a few guys that have made careers out of being available for partnerships on the basis that the girl's family pays for everything.

Yura Min's partnerships have been like this, I recall. But the girl's family holds the power then, so if they aren't getting their return on their investment, it's probably up to them to make a change.
It wasn't quiet that simplistic, but close enough. Vadim was at Novi but couldn't afford to stay. So yeah, Avonley's family paid for everything after they tried out. Vadim lived with them as well. Things went south some time last year. Might have been matters of the heart, might have been different views on "commitment", or cultural differences in terms of how teenagers are treated by parents... Or all the above. There is a lot of pressure on Avonley. The family wants results. We shall see what happens.

layman

I am gutted by this news! This team was the future of US Ice Dance. It seems all of our up and coming teams and World Junior Champions split up before making a splash in the Senior ranks. I can only hope that our current top three Senior teams hold out and skate for another quad past Beijing. I wish Avonley and Vadym the best of luck in the future.

Rhumba d’Amour

Jean-Luc Baker, Anthony Ponomarenko, Michael Parsons, Logan Bye, Jeffrey Chen,..aybody else?

I don’t think it would be Parsons. Ponomarenko is the obvious candidate, since this is Igor, after all. i‘m sure we all remember how Chock and Bates came to be paired up.

I’m confident that the new partner has been chosen already. And really, this would be the perfect time to change partners—with everyone having been off-ice so long and the upcoming season up in the air, Avonley won’t be behind the curve compared to anyone else, and will have plenty of time to gel with her new partner before the Olympic season.

Skater999

Micheal Parsons will never leave WISA, plus WISA kicked out Avonley so Somerville can’t skate with her, plus he dates his partner. It wouldn’t make sense for Jeffery Chen to break up because he’s now the no.1 US junior team. Logan Bye skates with his girlfriend. There’s a citizenship issue with christina, but I feel that her and Anthony are too close. And jean Luc is too old and isn’t gonna break up with Kaitlyn.

Lara111

Micheal Parsons will never leave WISA, plus WISA kicked out Avonley so Somerville can’t skate with her, plus he dates his partner. It wouldn’t make sense for Jeffery Chen to break up because he’s now the no.1 US junior team. Logan Bye skates with his girlfriend. There’s a citizenship issue with christina, but I feel that her and Anthony are too close. And jean Luc is too old and isn’t gonna break up with Kaitlyn.
Parson has a better partner now - why even consider it?

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

I was just thinking about how Wolfkostin/Chen are now the #1 U.S. juniors. I hope they can rise to the occasion. I like them a lot, even though I liked N/K more.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
I have several well-reputed sources who have confirmed that Nguyen will be skating with Fedor Andreev and Kolesnik has been fast-tracked toward Armenian citizenship to partner with Galustyan so she can fulfill her dream of skating singles and ice dance programs to Mouse Hunt and Corpse Bride.

coralline

Maybe ...Vadym could find a young Russian girl through Diana’s Mom and stay junior for three more years?

VGThuy

Avonley Nguyen was kicked out of WISA?

Perky Shae Lynn

I actually agree with your comment re: Anthony & Christina. They are super close and love skating together. As far as the other couples go, puppy love at times ends in heartbreak and splitting up. ;)

analia

Khuda is better off with an older senior guy. Vadim is still a boy and won’t have senior success soon. He should look at Russian junior girls. Same goes to Avonley. I had not thought of Baker but this could work. Baker’s partner (and ponomarenko’s partner) are not remotely at their level.

Perky Shae Lynn

The more I think about it, the more I realize what a bloody shame this split is. They need to get over whatever their issues are at the moment, and skate for Ukraine if citizenship is a problem. So there, we have a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information