Nguyen & Kolesnik have ended their partnership

okokok777

So. Davis or Khudaiberdiyeva?

If he decides to keep competing, I feel like Davis would be a no-go considering that she has a strong partner with Russian citizenship. While I think he & Khudaiberdiyeva would make a fantastic team, his lack of Russian citizenship may be an immediate deal-breaker considering that she already is partnered with Bazin.

I think Nadiia Bashynska could be a good option - she's a Ukrainian citizen, technically proficient and, at 5'3" she's a pretty good height match for the ~5'9" Vadym.

Bigbird

If he decides to keep competing, I feel like Davis would be a no-go considering that she has a strong partner with Russian citizenship. While I think he & Khudaiberdiyeva would make a fantastic team, his lack of Russian citizenship may be an immediate deal-breaker considering that she already is partnered with Bazin.

I think Nadiia Bashynska could be a good option - she's a Ukrainian citizen, technically proficient and, at 5'3" she's a pretty good height match for the ~5'9" Vadym.
Nadiia's partner is quite fine for her capabilities. She'd be a mismatch for him. He needs some one much stronger to make it interesting. Why did they break up?

rfisher

Let the skating begin

If they were good enough, Russia would take care of the citizenship issue.

kittyjake5

Oh I am sorry to hear this news. Such a talented and promising team. Wishing them both good luck.

Ladida

That's so sad. Their FD from last season was pure magic :love:
I hope both of them would be able to continue with new partners.

A bit off-topic:
Can someone please remind me why Zavozin was quite smoothly released and Matthews not, when they broke off their partnership back in 2007?

Erin

Banned Member
My understanding is that the issue for Christina is needing to be fast tracked to have citizenship for 2022, but she will have it in time for 2026 regardless.

Sorry to continue off-topic, but last I read of Christina’s immigration issues was that she was having trouble just getting a green card. It’s five years after the green card until citizenship. So if she doesn’t get her green card in the next six months, I don’t think that 2026 is on track. And with the pauses in immigration proceedings due to CV-19, getting it in six months could be difficult.

Skater999

Vadym’s mom is from Russia and I don’t think it would be hard for him

Amy L

Vadym’s mom is from Russia and I don’t think it would be hard for him

Tatiana Volosozhar got Russian citizenship almost immediately after pairing with Maksim Trankov. Other than the Russian Fed knowing she was a sure bet for an Olympic medal, the 'official' reason for the expedited process was that her mother was born in Kaliningrad so she could apply for citizenship as the child of a citizen.

Vadym isn't a sure bet for anything (yet), but having a Russian citizen mother would help a lot.

I think he could be interesting with Khuda. I'm not a fan of the age difference with her and Bazin, plus I don't know how his personality is going to work with her overwhelming divaness. Vadym has enough personality not to get subsumed into hers but he's not OTT enough to clash.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Tatiana Volosozhar got Russian citizenship almost immediately after pairing with Maksim Trankov. Other than the Russian Fed knowing she was a sure bet for an Olympic medal, the 'official' reason for the expedited process was that her mother was born in Kaliningrad so she could apply for citizenship as the child of a citizen.

Vadym isn't a sure bet for anything (yet), but having a Russian citizen mother would help a lot.

I think he could be interesting with Khuda. I'm not a fan of the age difference with her and Bazin, plus I don't know how his personality is going to work with her overwhelming divaness. Vadym has enough personality not to get subsumed into hers but he's not OTT enough to clash.
If she was interested and I were him, I'd consider it in a heartbeat. Given the visa and citizenship issues in the US for his Olympic chances, Russia would be much more attractive, especially since the top Russian teams will probably all be gone after 2022. Bazin may be history before he ever competed with her. :lol:

Skater999

Vadym will need to get paid for. Avonley paid for him and he needs financial support. Skating at Igor costs a fortune.

Spiralgraph

Well I am surprised by this news as well. Even though I am a fan of H/B I'm looking forward to the quad after 2022 when the USA will need strong teams. Dang this year.

Skater999

If she was interested and I were him, I'd consider it in a heartbeat. Given the visa and citizenship issues in the US for his Olympic chances, Russia would be much more attractive, especially since the top Russian teams will probably all be gone after 2022. Bazin may be history before he ever competed with her. :lol:
This would be great but russians skate with russians and tend to stay with Russian coaches. Diana and Gleb are the exception because she is Eteri’s daughter. Khudaiberdieva might be too tall, but Filatov isn’t as good as Vadym.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
That’s not gonna happen Vadym is loyal to Igor

She’s too tall and it would never happen.

He's 5 cm taller than her current partner ;)

A shame if it's not to be though because Vadym and Emmy are the two most charismatic and interesting junior skaters with crazy skating skills. Together I can only dream what they could do.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
This would be great but russians skate with russians and tend to stay with Russian coaches. Diana and Gleb are the exception because she is Eteri’s daughter. Khudaiberdieva might be too tall, but Filatov isn’t as good as Vadym.
She's no longer skating with Filatov. She's currently partnered with Bazin.

starrynight

Vadym will need to get paid for. Avonley paid for him and he needs financial support. Skating at Igor costs a fortune.

Ah was Vadym a 'rent a pair guy' arrangement? I can think of a few guys that have made careers out of being available for partnerships on the basis that the girl's family pays for everything.

Yura Min's partnerships have been like this, I recall. But the girl's family holds the power then, so if they aren't getting their return on their investment, it's probably up to them to make a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information