Nguyen & Kolesnik have ended their partnership

Sylvia

TBD
Avonley Nguyen's Instagram post today :(:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCB-aHtJjyx/
It is with many mixed emotions that I announce the end of my partnership with Vadym. I would like to thank our coaching team, our families, US Figure Skating and everyone who has supported our journey. The last season was our most successful one, which culminated with our dream of winning the Junior World Championships just a few months ago. I have many happy memories with Vadym from our three years together, and I hold on to these good memories. I wish Vadym well as we pursue different paths. I am looking forward to achieving my dreams in ice dance and will be searching for a new partner who shares my excitement, passion and commitment for skating.

ETA that Vadym Kolesnik posted on his Instagram about 2 hours later: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCCNLDLJ651/

Last edited:

Bigbird

Oh no :wuzrobbed
I had such a soft spot.
What's going on here?
End of romance? Citizenship issues? Lack of motivation?....?

They were a thing? They're kids!! Barely out of diapers. Remind me who had the citizenship issues? So what will happen to Carreira and Ponomarenko?

Amy L

Remind me who had the citizenship issues? So what will happen to Carreira and Ponomarenko?

Vadym is from Ukraine. He has been training in the US for an even shorter time than Carreira, and of course we all know that she is having a lot of trouble moving forward on that front.

So... what's the height different between Avonley and Anthony??? Just wondering :shuffle:

Ka3sha

Have never been a fan of this team, but it’s always a pity when talented and promising young teams break up before even moving to seniors :wuzrobbed

Very strange, especially considering Kolesnik’s recent interview for Russian press

Anyway, good luck to Avonley! I really hope that Vadym is not retiring..

dramagrrl

If this is because of citizenship issues, I feel she may end up regretting it... unless she already has a new partner ready to go. (I know she said she will be "searching" for a new partner, but it is still possible that she has someone in mind or has already had tryouts.)

caseyedwards

I thought this team was really successful! And they were 2020 world junior champs!! I didn’t remember exactly!

Bigbird

Vadym is from Ukraine. He has been training in the US for an even shorter time than Carreira, and of course we all know that she is having a lot of trouble moving forward on that front.

So... what's the height different between Avonley and Anthony??? Just wondering :shuffle:
He still can't twizzle to save his life.

Bigbird

Andrew Poje couldn't twizzle to save his life until his very last day as a competitive skater and still managed to have a successful career...

You have a point and the young man is very beautiful. Sigh. What will he do team up with Elena Ilinykh and skate until 2026? Just asking :( :)

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Wow. This is absolutely nuts. They had the type of skating that could shine through bad material. Hawayek & Baker just breathed a sigh of relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information