Cipres/FFSG Press Release on the situation 12-16-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsZem

I see the sea
I wish Robin and Vanessa could join for some professional skating! Why not?
Not enough of a height difference, and Robin seems happy with his life as it is.

My guess is that Vanessa's future lies outside of show/competitive skating. She can do stuff like Battle of the Blades, and she is smart and motivated enough to find success in other areas.

insideedgeua

Well of course because it would all be too little too late. Do we think that this is the only under age girl he's done this to? There has been tension between them for years with out and out cuss outs in the Kiss and Cry to prove it. It is just very, very messy.

Actually, yes.

I think there’s some definite questions to still be answered here. Remember this wasn’t a case of sending unsolicited photos. The photo was requested. The request came after a dare, from another coach no less. I’d still really like to know more about the circumstances behind all of this.

Do I think that sending the photo was wrong? Absolutely.

That doesn’t mean that I think Morgan should be labelled a sexual predator for life though. Not without more evidence.

While FSU is known for conjecture and making up the details we don’t know ( just look at the thread about Alysa’s coaching change). Sometimes this conjecture is harmless and downright funny, but not in a situation as serious as this.

All I know is that none of us know enough about this particular situation. As is usual on FSU, some have told what they ‘know’, but I’ve seen nothing about this other coach and the dare and nothing about other underage skaters.
A coverup by his coaches? Yes. But not facts about any other crimes from Morgan.

I hope it is all dealt with. If there’s more to it, then there should be a more severe penalty, after it has been fully investigated.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Here's the thing @insideedgeua we know for sure Morgan, an adult man, sent a photo of his genitalia to a girl, a child. There are not any extenuating circumstances to ameliorate this. He's an adult. He sent a dic pic to a child. He's a sexual predator. There are no grey areas in this.

What helped me was to remember my 12-13 year old self and I can tell you that at that age I'd have been both petrified and frozen by being groomed by 2 men to the point that I'd be requesting a dic pic. By frozen I mean unable to speak about it to adults who could help, unable to say no, unable to assert myself in any way.

It all starts as something playful and fun. And the girls are teased and given treats, and made to feel special. And then it progresses to where you know you're uncomfortable with it but don't know how to say no, don't know how to set boundaries BECAUSE YOU'RE A CHILD!

Cipres and the coach know better. Of course they do. They're just creepy a$$holes.

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea
Here's the thing @insideedgeua we know for sure Morgan, an adult man, sent a photo of his genitalia to a girl, a child. There are not any extenuating circumstances to ameliorate this. He's an adult. He sent a dic pic to a child. He's a sexual predator. There are no grey areas in this.
Yup, I believe it's well-established at this point that there are zero circumstances under which a grown man should be sending a 13-year old child pictures of his dick (or anyone else's).

I don't know if he'd end up on a sex offender registry if this were to become a criminal matter in the US, and those registries can be problematic when it comes to rehabilitation. But there should certainly be professional repercussions for Cipres. His actions demonstrate poor judgment and call into question his ability to provide a safe training environment for young skaters.

insideedgeua

What helped me was to remember my 12-13 year old self and I can tell you that at that age I'd have been both petrified and frozen by being groomed by 2 men to the point that I'd be requesting a dic pic. By frozen I mean unable to speak about it to adults who could help, unable to say no, unable to assert myself in any way.

It all starts as something playful and fun. And the girls are teased and given treats, and made to feel special. And then it progresses to where you know you're uncomfortable with it but don't know how to say no, don't know how to set boundaries BECAUSE YOU'RE A CHILD!

Cipres and the coach know better. Of course they do. They're just creepy a$$holes.

I’m sorry to hear that this happened to you. It does happen and I totally agree that this is wrong.

I also totally agree that sending a photo of your genitalia to a minor is wrong.

I was also abused, by a stranger when I was 8.

I do see shades of grey though. Not to excuse what has happened, but by not knowing the clear facts here.

I am certain that Morgan, like many young men, would have had requests for similar photos before. Take Morgan out of the equation and whether I think it’s stupid or obscene or worse, it is something increasingly common. I personally don’t understand it, but people can and dowillingly ask for and exchange these sorts of photos.

What I don’t know, in this case, when a text requested a photo, did Morgan know who he was sending it to? Was it just a request from a number not in his phone and he sent the photo anyway? Obviously really stupid, but possible. I don’t think that this is intentionally grooming a child with the intention of taking things further.

Like you, I know some 13 year olds that are definitely little girls. Sadly, I know others who are sexually active at the same age and others still who may not be sexually active, but would still find requesting the photo funny.

This doesn’t even take into account the other coach daring the girl to request the photo and buying her pizza to do it. This is part of the whole thing that I find really bizarre as this person did know what they were doing. This person set Morgan up and thought the whole thing funny.

I know Morgan should have had the sense not to send the photo, but without clearer details I can’t say that he had any particular intentions.

It definitely could be predatory behavior, but without the details, we can’t know this.

I hope that the French Federation can get to the bottom of it all. Is the other coach, the one who dared the girl to ask for the photos French or American? I know that the two coaches who tried to cover it all up are American, but this other coach instigated the whole thing yet we hear little about this.

insideedgeua

13. YEARS. OLD.

I totally agree that this is wrong.

But if it was a request via text, unless the girl’s number was in his phone, he’s just responding to an anonymous text. Stupid, very, very, stupid, but not necessarily something he did knowing her age. If it was just a response to a text it could have been a male or a female, of any age. I’m sure that Morgan has had many such anonymous requests for similar photos.

I don’t get the whole d**k pic culture. I won’t ever be requesting one from anyone, but it’s very common out there.

I once had a friend who joined an adult dating site. She was in her 40s. During the first week she received over 200 similar photos. That was at least 10/12 years ago.

13, definitely wrong, but did Morgan know who the request came from. I’d imagine it had no name. 13, my bet is the coach making the dare had a much better chance of knowing this.

Bigbird

But that is the point. You are an athlete a public figure. You don't know who is on the other end and you are not a single skater but a pairs skater and you choose to do this?

Add dotard to the list of nouns associated with this guy. Why is there even a need to defend this guy and his actions? It's because of attitudes like these that women and children are afraid to report these crimes.

I don't know what type of person he will become in the future but at this moment a penalty that will give him time to contemplate his life choices, IMHO, is the only way to go.

Amy L

I’m sorry to hear that this happened to you. It does happen and I totally agree that this is wrong.

What I don’t know, in this case, when a text requested a photo, did Morgan know who he was sending it to? Was it just a request from a number not in his phone and he sent the photo anyway? Obviously really stupid, but possible. I don’t think that this is intentionally grooming a child with the intention of taking things further.

From his shitty non-apology email to her parents, he definitely knew who she was. They were skating at the same rink and he was coaching her on the side. For those reasons, her number could have been on his phone. But the dick pics were sent through Instagram, from his certified account to her through DM, so her name could have been on that as well.

Like you, I know some 13 year olds that are definitely little girls. Sadly, I know others who are sexually active at the same age and others still who may not be sexually active, but would still find requesting the photo funny.

Her tutor and her therapist (mandated reporters) were the ones who reported the incident to authorities. I would imagine that she was ultimately not okay with what happened. Especially after Zimmerman and Fontana (should have been mandated reporters, breaking the law) blamed her and slut shamed her into silence.

It definitely could be predatory behavior, but without the details, we can’t know this.

SHE WAS A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL. He was a 26 year old wannabe coach. If it's not predatory behavior, then he is clearly too stupid to coach anyways. Even sending solicited dick pics to someone he may or may not have known was underage, as someone who wants to have a coaching career, he should have known it was a bad idea and could put him in a dangerous situation. And if he didn't realize this, he's a complete idiot. Either way, as a predator or as a horny moron, he should not be in charge of children. Ever.

Is the other coach, the one who dared the girl to ask for the photos French or American? I know that the two coaches who tried to cover it all up are American, but this other coach instigated the whole thing yet we hear little about this.

That is Vinny Dispenza. His name has been in 99% of articles about this, along with Zimmerman and Fontana. His reasons have never been mentioned AFAIK, but his name has been all over the place.

Last edited:

insideedgeua

But that is the point. You are an athlete a public figure. You don't know who is on the other end and you are not a single skater but a pairs skater and you choose to do this?

Add dotard to the list of nouns associated with this guy. Why is there even a need to defend this guy and his actions? It's because of attitudes like these that women and children are afraid to report these crimes.

I don't know what type of person he will become in the future but at this moment a penalty that will give him time to contemplate his life choices, IMHO, is the only way to go.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think that there’s a reason to defend Morgan, I just think that we are not in possession of all the facts. I sincerely hope that there will be a full investigation to bring all the facts to light and yes, a fair penalty applied.

What I don’t agree with is finding him guilty on FSU and damning him as a sexual predator.

He may be, he may not be, it’s just that we don’t know. I’m not sure that we’re going to get the truth though, without a proper legal investigation.

Morgan may well look back one day and realise that facing a legal investigation would have been better than the court of public opinion, but I guess that is a choice yes made.

insideedgeua

From his shitty non-apology email to her parents, he definitely knew who she was. They were skating at the same rink and he was coaching her on the side. For those reasons, her number could have been on his phone. But the dick pics were sent through Instagram, from his certified account to her through DM, so her name could have been on that as well.

Her tutor and her therapist (mandated reporters) were the ones who reported the incident to authorities. I would imagine that she was ultimately not okay with what happened. Especially after Zimmerman and Fontana (should have been mandated reporters, breaking the law) blamed her and slut shamed her into silence.

SHE WAS A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL. He was a 26 year old wannabe coach. If it's not predatory behavior, then he is clearly too stupid to coach anyways. Even sending solicited dick pics to someone he may or may not have known was underage, as someone who wants to have a coaching career, he should have known it was a bad idea and could put him in a dangerous situation. And if he didn't realize this, he's a complete idiot. Either way, as a predator or as a horny moron, he should not be in charge of children. Ever.

That is Vinny Dispenza. His name has been in 99% of articles about this, along with Zimmerman and Fontana. His reasons have never been mentioned AFAIK, but his name has been all over the place.

It’s a real shame that her parents hadn’t also supported this girl with her complaint. It took outsiders to force the issue and make the complaint.

Thanks for posting the link to the article with Vinny’s name. That’s the thing though, we’ve heard the name, yet little else. He’s treated as a byline, even in this article.

I just find it very strange that more isn’t being made of his part in this. If he is subject to USFSA coaching rules, or safe sport, why isn’t his part in this a bigger deal. For whatever reason, he’s the one who started the whole thing and seems to have no questions being asked of him.

It’s just another reason I think we don’t know enough facts about this.

Bigbird

It’s a real shame that her parents hadn’t also supported this girl with her complaint. It took outsiders to force the issue and make the complaint.

Thanks for posting the link to the article with Vinny’s name. That’s the thing though, we’ve heard the name, yet little else. He’s treated as a byline, even in this article.

I just find it very strange that more isn’t being made of his part in this. If he is subject to USFSA coaching rules, or safe sport, why isn’t his part in this a bigger deal. For whatever reason, he’s the one who started the whole thing and seems to have no questions being asked of him.

It’s just another reason I think we don’t know enough facts about this.
Because it is all too prevalent across the sport. Along with physical abuse.

Do we think Elena B. was the last pair skater abused by her partner?

Nodari had no inkling about his partner's eating problems? It never dawned on him that skin and bones was unhealthy?

The half of it has never been told. Cipres might be the least of our worries. Let's stew on that for a while.

okokok777

That doesn’t mean that I think Morgan should be labelled a sexual predator for life though. Not without more evidence.

While FSU is known for conjecture and making up the details we don’t know ( just look at the thread about Alysa’s coaching change). Sometimes this conjecture is harmless and downright funny, but not in a situation as serious as this.

All I know is that none of us know enough about this particular situation. As is usual on FSU, some have told what they ‘know’, but I’ve seen nothing about this other coach and the dare and nothing about other underage skaters.
A coverup by his coaches? Yes. But not facts about any other crimes from Morgan.

I hope it is all dealt with. If there’s more to it, then there should be a more severe penalty, after it has been fully investigated.

I want to preface what I say with a universal disclaimer: I completely understand that this is an internet forum and most people here don't know who I am IRL. Because of this, I am in no way offended if people don't believe what I'm saying - everyone has the right to their thoughts and opinions. I just wanted to try and bring a bit of clarity.

I've been, for lack of a better word, involved in this specific case for ~1 year now (from a "trying to get SafeSport/the authorities to look into this" standpoint). So I'll try to answer as many of your questions as possible without compromising any ongoing investigations.

Cipres is not a USFS member. Last summer, a few friends and I tried to see if it was possible to get him temporarily suspended through SafeSport (we thought that he might be a USFS member since he was coaching the then-13 year old girl, along with others, at the time). That's when we found out that he wasn't a USFS member and therefore wasn't covered under SafeSport rules. The only people actually being investigated by SafeSport rn are Vinny, John & Silvia.

But if it was a request via text, unless the girl’s number was in his phone, he’s just responding to an anonymous text. Stupid, very, very, stupid, but not necessarily something he did knowing her age. If it was just a response to a text it could have been a male or a female, of any age. I’m sure that Morgan has had many such anonymous requests for similar photos.

The picture came over IG DM from his certified account to her account - which has her name & pictures. Furthermore, since he was also coaching her at the time, there is virtually no reason to believe that he didn't know who he was sending the picture to. As someone else pointed out, the apology to her mother also indicates that he knew who the girl was ("...it was always a good moment to work at the rink with your daughter and I’m thankful for the trust you give me....")

I don't have a lot of time right now but I'll try to address the other questions when I get home.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
@insideedgeua I would like to clarify that this didn't happen to me, though other things at a later age did. I remember clearly what I was like AS A 13 yo CHILD! Heck even at 17-18 I'd have struggled with boundaries.

Cipres is an adult. He sent a dic pic to a child. There are no grey areas. It doesn't matter if she was sexually active, it doesn't matter if she thought it was funny, or cool, or whatever, it doesn't matter that she requested it. An adult male sent a picture of his genitals to a young girl. There are no extenuating circumstances to ameliorate this.

The more you talk the more it sounds like victim-blaming, and trying to excuse him somehow. I think you are a good example of why girls and women won't report sexual harassment.

So I'm done. I'll continue to read, but as usual I run out of steam for arguing/discussing/whatever. Time management and all that. Thanks @Bigbird, @Amy L, and @okokok777 for your input.

You do you @insideedgeua.

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I keep seeing "we don't have all the facts". The relevant facts seem to be clearly established, and corroborated by all the participants. Namely, that Cipres was asked to send a picture of his junk to an underage girl via Instagram, and he did it. Those are the facts that are necessary to establish that what he did was wrong, if not illegal.

VGThuy

I also totally agree that sending a photo of your genitalia to a minor is wrong.

I was also abused, by a stranger when I was 8.

I do see shades of grey though. Not to excuse what has happened, but by not knowing the clear facts here.

I am certain that Morgan, like many young men, would have had requests for similar photos before. Take Morgan out of the equation and whether I think it’s stupid or obscene or worse, it is something increasingly common. I personally don’t understand it, but people can and dowillingly ask for and exchange these sorts of photos.

This doesn’t even take into account the other coach daring the girl to request the photo and buying her pizza to do it. This is part of the whole thing that I find really bizarre as this person did know what they were doing. This person set Morgan up and thought the whole thing funny.

I know Morgan should have had the sense not to send the photo, but without clearer details I can’t say that he had any particular intentions.

I hope that the French Federation can get to the bottom of it all. Is the other coach, the one who dared the girl to ask for the photos French or American? I know that the two coaches who tried to cover it all up are American, but this other coach instigated the whole thing yet we hear little about this.

I'm going to treat this post in good faith. All the what-ifs you're coming out with with Morgan "not knowing" has been tried many times prior when the news of this first came out. It was pretty established that's not the case and no facts came out to show that any of the suppositions of him blindly sending out a dick pic happened, so you adding to it just comes off as wishful thinking. There's no need to waste one's time with this. He knew exactly who was requesting it, who this girl was, and, further, his coaches knew who she was as well and tried to shame her by saying she was a very mature 13-year-old girl.

To be honest, the fact that you're trying to play his defense attorney when he himself did not proffer any of these defenses is not a good look and it makes you seem like you're trying too hard to minimize the damage here and save Morgan for no reason other than you not wanting to believe Morgan did what he did. It makes me question why you don't want to believe it and why you rather believe the hypotheticals you just made up.

Last edited:

Vagabond

Is he as sexual predator? Maybe, maybe not. As has been posted both before and after you wrote this, there is a lot of evidence out there suggesting that he knew full well what he was doing, though it isn't clear what his intentions are. Even so, the chances are that he has a psychological problem that will not go away easily: Treating Pedophiles: Therapy Can Work, But It's a Challenge.

I know some 13 year olds that are definitely little girls. Sadly, I know others who are sexually active at the same age and others still who may not be sexually active, but would still find requesting the photo funny.
Here are two good rules of thumb:

Rule 1. Never send pornographic material to a thirteen-year-old.
Rule 2. If a thirteen-year-old ever requests that you send him or her pornographic material, DON'T DO IT. The child is troubled and should be kept safe.

Immortelle

Rejected by Krasnopolski
Just because a girl looks grown up and is sexually active at 13 doesn’t mean she should be. At that age their brains aren’t mature and can’t cope with that level of intimacy despite what their hormones are telling them. Therefore it’s up to adults to do the right thing and protect them.

Japanfan

Just because a girl looks grown up and is sexually active at 13 doesn’t mean she should be. At that age their brains aren’t mature and can’t cope with that level of intimacy despite what their hormones are telling them. Therefore it’s up to adults to do the right thing and protect them.

Even if she looks grown up and is sexually active, she is still 13, a child.

"doesn't me she should be" is victim blaming.

Last edited:

Immortelle

Rejected by Krasnopolski
Even if she looks grown up and is sexually active, she is still 13, a child.
Exactly my point, it astounds me that predators will still use the old “But she didn’t look/act 13” line. It’s an adult’s responsibility to safeguard these kids, and this girl has been failed by her coaches and club.

The other astonishing thing to me is that Cipres was not bound by some form of child safety guidelines, if he was helping to coach minors. If I were a parent, I’d be furious if my child had been in contact with Cipres without him having any formal working with children training.

insideedgeua

@insideedgeua I would like to clarify that this didn't happen to me, though other things at a later age did. I remember clearly what I was like AS A 13 yo CHILD! Heck even at 17-18 I'd have struggled with boundaries.

Cipres is an adult. He sent a dic pic to a child. There are no grey areas. It doesn't matter if she was sexually active, it doesn't matter if she thought it was funny, or cool, or whatever, it doesn't matter that she requested it. An adult male sent a picture of his genitals to a young girl. There are no extenuating circumstances to ameliorate this.

The more you talk the more it sounds like victim-blaming, and trying to excuse him somehow. I think you are a good example of why girls and women won't report sexual harassment.

So I'm done. I'll continue to read, but as usual I run out of steam for arguing/discussing/whatever. Time management and all that. Thanks @Bigbird, @Amy L, and @okokok777 for your input.

You do you @insideedgeua.

Firstly, sorry if I misunderstood your previous post.

I agree with you. Sending the photos was definitely wrong. I’m not defending that.

What I was questioning was that this doesn’t mean Morgan is a sexual predator who was grooming the girl for sex.

What he has done, in sending the photo to a minor was stupid and wrong, wrong, wrong. I imagine in most countries this will constitute some sort of crime and he should be punished for this. If that also ends his career, then so be it.

I also think this definitely should have been reported and I feel bad for the girl that she doesn’t seem to have been supported by her parents in this.

I was only saying we have no facts of any further intentions in this case.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I agree with you. Sending the photos was definitely wrong. I’m not defending that.

What I was questioning was that this doesn’t mean Morgan is a sexual predator who was grooming the girl for sex.

What he has done, in sending the photo to a minor was stupid and wrong, wrong, wrong. I imagine in most countries this will constitute some sort of crime and he should be punished for this. If that also ends his career, then so be it.

The second, any second, you say "but" when it comes to sexual abuse of a minor you are defending him.

He knew who she was. He knew she was thirteen years old. He knew that. He still chose to send the pic. That is no excuse. It is indefensible. It means he thought sexual content was appropriate in the context of their relationship. If you are not alarmed by that, if you do not see alarm bells for a predator, there is no helping you.

insideedgeua

I'm going to treat this post in good faith. All the what-ifs you're coming out with with Morgan "not knowing" has been tried many times prior when the news of this first came out. It was pretty established that's not the case and no facts came out to show that any of the suppositions of him blindly sending out a dick pic happened, so you adding to it just comes off as wishful thinking. There's no need to waste one's time with this. He knew exactly who was requesting it, who this girl was, and, further, his coaches knew who she was as well and tried to shame her by saying she was a very mature 13-year-old girl.

To be honest, the fact that you're trying to play his defense attorney when he himself did not proffer any of these defenses is not a good look and it makes you seem like you're trying too hard to minimize the damage here and save Morgan for no reason other than you not wanting to believe Morgan did what he did. It makes me question why you don't want to believe it and why you rather believe the hypotheticals you just made up.

Please see my previous reply to another poster.

I am not defending Morgan. I’m saying this should be investigated properly, not by the French Fed, but by law enforcement, to make sure ALL the facts are found.

I’m fighting against what you are accusing me of, people believing all of the hypotheticals in this thread.

I hope that it is all fully investigated properly and that he is punished for what he has done. If it turns out to be a photo sent once, then punish him for that (as this will still be a crime), if it turns out to be more, then punish him for that.

My whole point was that there have been so many hypotheticals in this thread, that I don’t know what to believe. People have called him a predator, maybe they know more, maybe they don’t. No, I don’t think ‘we’ in the FSU threads have all the facts. There are obviously some people that seem to know more than others, but the rest of us may never truly know if a full investigation doesn’t happen. I don’t trust the French Fed to get to the bottom of it either.

I don't know how this will happen though if Morgan is no longer in the USA.

I will also try not to say any more on this matter though as I seem to be being misinterpreted.

insideedgeua

The second, any second, you say "but" when it comes to sexual abuse of a minor you are defending him.

He knew who she was. He knew she was thirteen years old. He knew that. He still chose to send the pic. That is no excuse. It is indefensible. It means he thought sexual content was appropriate in the context of their relationship. If you are not alarmed by that, if you do not see alarm bells for a predator, there is no helping you.

I haven’t said ‘but’ in what you have quoted.

I was originally saying was it a FACT that he KNEW she was 13. I was asking if he knew, who he was texting at all.

Since then someone linked me to an article saying it was Instagram. I’m not as familiar with this. So I agreed, if he knew the photo was going to a 13 year old, this would be a crime.

I’ve not disputed this AT ALL.

Yes, I see red flags, all over. You seem to be jumping all over me for things we agree on.

antmanb

Please see my previous reply to another poster.

I am not defending Morgan. I’m saying this should be investigated properly, not by the French Fed, but by law enforcement, to make sure ALL the facts are found.

I’m fighting against what you are accusing me of, people believing all of the hypotheticals in this thread.

I hope that it is all fully investigated properly and that he is punished for what he has done. If it turns out to be a photo sent once, then punish him for that (as this will still be a crime), if it turns out to be more, then punish him for that.

My whole point was that there have been so many hypotheticals in this thread, that I don’t know what to believe. People have called him a predator, maybe they know more, maybe they don’t. No, I don’t think ‘we’ in the FSU threads have all the facts. There are obviously some people that seem to know more than others, but the rest of us may never truly know if a full investigation doesn’t happen. I don’t trust the French Fed to get to the bottom of it either.

I don't know how this will happen though if Morgan is no longer in the USA.

I will also try not to say any more on this matter though as I seem to be being misinterpreted.

I honestly don't know why you even started with your posts. This thread is 10 pages long and there is a previous thread that discussed it at length. Every hypothetical you have presented (and i'll be generous by not using the word "excuse" there) has been presented by other posters and shot down with various facts. You seem to criticise the uniform condemnation by "FSU" which are by no means uniform as you will see if you read even just this thread in its entirety but the previous thread also. Its interesting to me that the usual victim blamers are liking your posts, so that should give some alarm bells.

And to summarise - you will never have all of the facts that you want to have because Cipres has had no criminal charges brought against him. He's no longer in the US in any event so if the authorities were likely to charge or arrest him he would now need to be extradited. He is not the subject of a safesport investigation, and even if he was, we would not be privy to the confidential details of that investigation, merely the outcome. The FFSG are investigating him and i'm sure that that will also not give any further details other than a summary of the facts we already know together with their decision.

In your first on this you said:

Which seemed to suggest you weren't up for the usual conjecture on these matters but then you went on to make numerous posts doing exactly the things you kind of sneered at in your first post.

As i've said, we aren't going to get any more facts about this case. At most we will see if safesport ban any of the coaches involved or not and that will be it. If you really don't want the usual FSU conjecture to happen then stop adding to the noise. Read the previous threads, and see that they were closed because everyone was going round in circles with no new information.

Based on the facts we have you may not think him a sexual predator, but others do. Because it knowingly involved a 13 year old child.

Vagabond

"Grooming" isn't necessarily part of a deliberate plan to lure the victim into sexual activity. From my own experience of having been abused by my brothers when they were in their early teens, I can say this:

First, the perpetrator may be "grooming" himself. In other words, he or she may not have any conscious goal when he engages in the particular activity beyond enjoying that activity itself but may thereafter want to try more. This is especially true if the perpetrator hasn't engaged in such activity before.

Second, regardless of the perpetrator's intent, the behavior will most likely decrease the victim's resistance to further, more abusive conduct and induce the victim to remain silent.

Third, the behavior may not necessarily lead to intercourse. It could lead to some other sort of activity, whether sexual, physical, or purely psychological, that will further traumatize the victim.

I suggest that you do some reading to understand more about abuse. RAINN is a good place to start.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information