NBC Skating Special This Sunday at 1:00 PM

Skate Talker

Checked on my PVRs. I have 2 different kinds of PVR but same cable company. Nonetheless one doesn't even have a listing for skating; the other just says Figure Skating Special. I will try to remember to keep checking.

Kristin

a recap... thats kinda funny considering what was supposed to be worlds coverage was nationals coverage and GPF coverage, not sure what else they can recap? the grand prix series? don't get me wrong, I'm always glad to see skating on tv though!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
a recap... thats kinda funny considering what was supposed to be worlds coverage was nationals coverage and GPF coverage, not sure what else they can recap? the grand prix series? don't get me wrong, I'm always glad to see skating on tv though!

I guess that we’ll get to see Johnny, Tara and Terry in quarantine from their basements, LOL! I can’t wait to see how Johnny has set up his basement studio.

Skate Talker

Checked on my PVRs. I have 2 different kinds of PVR but same cable company. Nonetheless one doesn't even have a listing for skating; the other just says Figure Skating Special. I will try to remember to keep checking.
My one listing now says "USA Figure Skating Special" still no details. (The one that was not showing a listing at all before now has the "Figure Skating Special" listing.)

love skating

Clueless American
Here's Johnny Weir's tweet about it:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
It looks like Johnny will be hosting a live viewing party on Instagram in conjunction with this! I knew it!!!
https://sports.yahoo.com/tara-lipinski-johnny-weir-host-185345050.html

The article includes a list of what we’ll be seeing - not just US skaters like Chen, Liu, Bell, Chock/Bates and Calalang/Johnson (yeah!) but also non-US like Hanyu and Kostornaia’s SPs.

The NBC telecast begins at 2pm Eastern, not 1pm...although it’s 1pm in the next time zone. I double-checked my on screen guide. Whee! 🎉

Last edited:

Carolla5501

So in other words we can hear the side show act talk over skating replays. I think I may pass, I already know everything about how it was when they skated and that Tara was the youngest Olympic gold medalist in figure skating

Lacey

I've watched it several times since seeing it live and every time I want to jump up and give her a standing O - with tears!
Upon rewatching after being there live, I think I stood up too early in the end of Mariah's performance, it was that magnificent and just kept building and building. I'm glad I super applauded, but sorry to those behind me whom I might have obstructed, just a big fan whose fandom grew even more that day.

aftershocks

Banned Member
@NBCSportsGold (if you're a subscriber) has posted the best performances from each discipline. The NBC telecast simply condensed performances from what NBCSportsGold compiled. Under best men's performances on NBCGold, Jason's fp is definitely included.

Jason's performance was positioned 8th out of 10 men's performances:

Yuzuru Hanyu

Nathan Chen

Alexander Samarin (questionable position)

Kevin Aymoz

Dmitri Aliev (also questionable position; although I like Aliev's skating, I hated both of his program selections this past season)

Keegan Messing

Boyang Jin

Jason Brown (too low on this totem pole)

Yuma Kagiyama (he's brilliant and will be reaching for the stars soon, if/when we return to some semblance of normal competition)

Jun Hwan Cha

Of course, there were other great performances that didn't get included on NBCSportsGold's list.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Right, those were certainly not great or best male performances of the season by either Samarin or Aliev (or possibly even Boyang Jin). I'd say that they were good performances for these guys in overcoming some of their inconsistent shortcomings. But, as the saying goes time and again, 'That's figure skating...' There's always a political component to the scoring and to these 'best of' lists.

The same goes for some of the performances in the 'best of' pairs list by NBCSportsGold... Probably it's the same for lists in every discipline. I just didn't get a chance to view the dance and ladies 'best of' complilations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information