Royalty Thread#12 Tiaras, Palaces & Gilded Cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubka

I'm just saying that the old idea that royals all kept a stiff upper lip doesn't hold that much water. They had problems just like the post-Diana royals and probably did not have the resources to deal with those problems.

I know Margaret had a drinking problem.

The Queen Mother, as well.

canbelto

I am very shocked that none of the royal accounts have posted anything about CoVid. Cases in the UK are skyrocketing.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
The Queen Mother, as well.
One of choreographer Frederick Ashton's stories was that he was having his regular "tea" with the Queen Mother, and there was a new servant, who hadn't been briefed, and who brought them tea, tea. When the Queen Mother tasted hers, she called in the butler and said something like, "Will you tell that Old Queen to bring these Old Queens some real tea?"

mag

Prince Charles forgetting about not shaking hands:

He is a good sport about it. It must be very difficult when you consider the number of hands he must have shaken over the years!

mag

Prince William in Instagram

I am betting they wish they could just hide away with their kids. Unfortunately, while staying within all the guidelines, they are going to have to continue being the cheerleaders, the ones who try to keep morale up. I don’t envy them that job.

Lorac

Prince William in Instagram

I am betting they wish they could just hide away with their kids. Unfortunately, while staying within all the guidelines, they are going to have to continue being the cheerleaders, the ones who try to keep morale up. I don’t envy them that job.

Agreed. Especially now that the Queen has had to step back and will be self isolating at Windsor. Apparently she wanted to stay in Buckingham Palace as she didn't want to be seen running away and I suspect her staff would have preferred her to go to Sandringham so Windsor being her usual Easter break was probably deemed safe for her. As Charles is also 70 he will also have to step back - mainly as an example. Therefore Willam and Kate need to step forward as well as they can.

JJH

Edward and Sophie could share the responsibilities with William and Kate. They are in their 50s.

mag

Edward and Sophie could share the responsibilities with William and Kate. They are in their 50s.

Edward and Sophie already do a ton of work. I found it amusing that there were comments about them stepping up post H&M. They were already doing lots and I am sure they will continue. (ETA: that came out a bit snarky. Just meant that they do do a ton and apparently Sophie and the Queen are quite close, but as I said below, some stuff can’t be delegated.)

Too bad H&M picked this time to step back. But who knew?

I think, unfortunately, this is the job of those in the direct line. With the Queen and Charles being older it is going to be on W&K. Like the King and Queen staying in London during the blitz, there are some things that just can’t be delegated.

kittyjake5

Here is the TV Special on Escaping the Crown

becca

I think with the whole thriving thing. This is the deal yes I think we are responsible for our own well being and if your miserable changes sometimes need to be made.

BUT sometimes in life there Are more important things than our own well being there are duties.

Life isn’t going to be happy all the time. Their are responsiblities. Struggled and obstacles can define character.

Lorac

This is impacting many couples here in the UK and probably many other countries but Princess Beatrice and her fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozziare having to rethink their wedding plans due to the Covid-19 virus. The reception in the grounds of Buckingham Palace had already been cancelled.

Princess Beatrice's wedding could be limited to just two guests

The CoE has said people can still marry in church but only the priest, the happy couple and 2 witnesses are to be allowed. Of course it is now easy to exclude Andrew if they chose to go ahead ;)

Seriously though Edoardo must be worried about his family who are in Italy and I believe in the north. So maybe the wedding will be delayed by a year.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Seriously though Edoardo must be worried about his family who are in Italy and I believe in the north. So maybe the wedding will be delayed by a year.
There seems to be two reactions to this situation. Postpone the wedding or move it up! Yes, some people are moving their weddings up because they aren't sure what live will be like in the future.

canbelto

W&K visited the NHS yesterday:

Reactions: mag

aftershocks

Banned Member
Too bad H&M picked this time to step back...

Suffice to say the Sussexes did not 'pick this time to step back.' What has been happening to them in the British media and behind-the-scenes in the palaces has been going on for over two years. There were discussions ongoing for months between Harry and other senior royals and staff as was acknowledged by the Queen in her statement in January. Plus, the Sussexes' initial goal was to continue representing the Queen in some capacity, while still being able to retain a modicum of privacy and personal freedom, financial independence, and distance from the worst offences of the despicable, rabble-rousing Royal Rota. It will definitely be interesting to see whatever happens regarding the Sussexes' suits against the media, which likely has some connection to the unsettled emotions that have distanced the Wales brothers.

Meghan and Harry are fortunate to have been able to get back to Vancouver Island together to be with their son Archie prior to the travel restrictions. I'm sure everyone has a story to tell about what they feel lucky enough to have been able to do or to get done prior to the worst COVID-19 onslaught forcing restrictions and lock-downs of all kinds everywhere.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
BUT sometimes in life there Are more important things than our own well being there are duties.

And you are suggesting what exactly? That the Sussexes stepped back from being senior royals because they didn't want to perform duties? Seriously? :rofl:

ETA:
Frankly on a personal level, I doubt anyone is able to perform duties well without ensuring their mental health, well-being, and peace of mind are at optimum strength and capacity.

Also, just because there may be some stiff-upper-lipped, 'duty-bound' devotees who prefer being miserable and enduring media abuse in exchange for royal perks, doesn't mean everyone has to make those same choices.

Last edited:

shan

Suffice to say the Sussexes did not 'pick this time to step back.' What has been happening to them in the British media and behind-the-scenes in the palaces has been going on for over two years. There were discussions ongoing for months between Harry and other senior royals and staff as was acknowledged by the Queen in her statement in January. Plus, the Sussexes' initial goal was to continue representing the Queen in some capacity, while still being able to retain a modicum of privacy and personal freedom, financial independence, and distance from the worst offences of the despicable, rabble-rousing Royal Rota. It will definitely be interesting to see whatever happens regarding the Sussexes' suits against the media, which likely has some connection to the unsettled emotions that have distanced the Wales brothers.

Why is that likely?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I see Caitlin Flanagan is the author on this one (for those not familiar, she is a frequent apologist for the traditional societal order and notable for internalized misogyny).

Let me guess: This was all Meghan's fault and she has led a good man astray with unreasonable demands? 🤔

That might have been there, but in between the lengthy passages that were ALL ABOUT HER :rolleyes: She also seems to be a huge egomaniac.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Ah well @canbelto, I don't watch The Bachelor/ Bachelorette, although I can't help but know something about some of the most famous couples who met on that reality tv show and who actually did luck out and fall in love, and get married. Some are even still together with children. A recent hot couple who come to mind are Bryan Abasolo and Rachel Lindsay. Again, I never watch the shows. I wouldn't be able to sit through the mindless faux dramas created for entertainment purposes. However, I have looked at a few Youtube interview clips of a few couples, including Abasolo & Lindsay, and I've seen some stuff about their wedding. But I'm not really a follower. They are a sexy couple though (from season 14). ;)

I'm not even gonna click on your nonsense, btw. But continue wasting time making up such scenarios and comparisons in your head, if that's what floats your boat. I'm nowhere in your mixed-up vicinity.

@shan, hopefully time will tell the full, sad story. And it is extremely sad, even with what we are able to see on the surface, but may not fully understand. When a young newly married royal couple find themselves in a situation where they aren't being supported, and in fact, are being undermined from within the palaces (via detrimental leaks to the vicious tabloid media), they are courageous and lucky to be able to take a stand and escape to try and carve out a more peaceful existence.

https://twitter.com/BigJMcC/status/1237733325562761216/photo/1

Here's a better view of the above image:

Let's hope the truth will eventually come out. What prevents a lot from coming out is the necessity to protect the monarchy. There are reporters who are in-the-know about certain details, some of these reporters are professional and above-board, and others are involved in the game-playing, that btw only Harry as a royal, has said he will NOT engage in. Regarding my earlier comment, there is reason to believe that some of the publications being sued by M&H may have incriminating evidence on other royals that could possibly come to light in a public trial.

And it's apparently worse than that according to what is being said and heard and whispered by some of the more objective reporters. On a more lighthearted note, the below comment by the Texas comedian who now lives in London (uttered during the recent 'Escaping the Crown' documentary), gives us some sense of just how much Meghan merely dating and marrying Harry has upset the apple-cart for Britain and for the royal firm. Of course, Brexit is just as worrisome, if not as 'spicy.' :p

“Oh snap. Is it a bitter drama? Is it about to get spicy out here? AND IT DID!" :eek:

Last edited:

shan

Ah well @canbelto, I don't watch The Bachelor/ Bachelorette, although I can't help but know something about some of the most famous couples who met on that reality tv show and who actually did luck out and fall in love, and get married. Some are even still together with children. A recent hot couple who come to mind are Bryan Abasolo and Rachel Lindsay. Again, I never watch the shows. I wouldn't be able to sit through the mindless faux dramas created for entertainment purposes. However, I have looked at a few Youtube interview clips of a few couples, including Abasolo & Lindsay, and I've seen some stuff about their wedding. But I'm not really a follower. They are a sexy couple though (from season 14). ;)

I'm not even gonna click on your nonsense, btw. But continue wasting time making up such scenarios and comparisons in your head, if that's what floats your boat. I'm nowhere in your mixed-up vicinity.

@shan, hopefully time will tell the full, sad story. And it is extremely sad, even with what we are able to see on the surface, but may not fully understand. When a young newly married royal couple find themselves in a situation where they aren't being supported, and in fact, are being undermined from within the palaces (via detrimental leaks to the vicious tabloid media), they are courageous and lucky to be able to take a stand and escape to try and carve out a more peaceful existence.

https://twitter.com/BigJMcC/status/1237733325562761216/photo/1

Here's a better view of the above image:

Let's hope the truth will eventually come out. What prevents a lot from coming out is the necessity to protect the monarchy. There are reporters who are in-the-know about certain details, some of these reporters are professional and above-board, and others are involved in the game-playing, that btw only Harry as a royal, has said he will NOT engage in. Regarding my earlier comment, there is reason to believe that some of the publications being sued by M&H may have incriminating evidence on other royals that could possibly come to light in a public trial.

What is the reason to believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information