Royalty Thread#12 Tiaras, Palaces & Gilded Cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

mag

What I like about Camilla is that she is who she is. Yes, she has been polished up a bit, but she doesn’t appear to have changed herself to please others. That is admirable in this day and age. She also looks like she would be good fun and probably doesn’t let Charles take himself too seriously - which is a also a good thing.

kedrin

She also looks like she would be good fun and probably doesn’t let Charles take himself too seriously - which is a also a good thing.
That's kind of what they said last night- I went to a screening last night of the CNN show "The Windsors". They had a panel discussion afterwards. But I'd gotten that vibe before. I have no personal knowledge, of course.

Reactions: mag

kedrin

I thought it was interesting and well done (disclosure: I work for WarnerMedia, which owns CNN). They showed us episode 4, which focused on Prince Charles, his early life, early relationship with Camilla and the first years of his marriage to Diana. The entire series (6 parts) will start with the Wallace Simpson period and end in the present day- the producer noted that they were in the process of heavily re-editing Episode 6 as a result of Meghan's and Harry's departure. I can't off the top of my head think of any great revelations not known to royal watchers, but I wasn't bored, either. I thought they had good footage and it was well edited to illustrate the narration.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Both parents have equal rights to their kids.

True, but in most households the women are responsible for the majority of the childcare duties. That should be taken into consideration when deciding how much custody each parent should have.

Judy

True, but in most households the women are responsible for the majority of the childcare duties. That should be taken into consideration when deciding how much custody each parent should have.

Yes but not always. A lot of moms work full time. I’m sure they will work it out.

Judy

You know, I've never understood the hating on Camilla's appearance. I don't think she's bad looking at all.

I think there can be some residual feelings from the Diana years. I was very young at the time they got married but really .. a 19 year old teenager. Charles not being allowed to choose who he wanted. A teenager thrust into an unbelievable spotlight that nobody could have anticipated. I could go on but I give credit to the Royal family for making huge changes. Charles had to marry a virgin ... you couldn’t live together .. so I give credit to that. I also accept that Camilla makes Charles happy. I do wonder if that would have happened if Diana was still alive (marrying and acceptance).

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I only lurk in this thread but is it true that the UK reality star who killed herself is one of Harry’s ex’s?

Lorac

I only lurk in this thread but is it true that the UK reality star who killed herself is one of Harry’s ex’s?

Caroline Flack - more of a presenter on reality shows than a reality star herself- apparently went on a couple of dates with Harry- not sure if that's enough to be classed as an ex. It is a tragedy what happened to her though and the decision she made to end her life. Heartbreaking 😓

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information