Music I wish someone would skate to: 2020 Edition :)

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
The American ice dance team of Kimberly Navarro and Brent Bommentre skated their long program to this in the 2006-2007 season (Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, and The End). It used to be available on Youtube, but was removed (copyright issues?). It was a really a well choreographed and skated long program. One of the all-time favorites of this rabid Beatles fan:)

That program was frickin' brilliant. One of my all-time favourites.

paskatefan

I was looking forward to hopefully seeing some Cats programmes but now the movie has bombed I doubt it will happen. (Out of interest, did anyone ever skate to the original show album of Cats?!)

I don't know if it was to the original show album of Cats, but I do remember Liz Manley skating to "Jellicle Ball" in a pro-am competition circa mid 1990's.

pat c

1983-1984Olympic GamesBrianOrserCats Musical (Andrew Lloyd Webber)
1990-1991US NationalsRudyGalindoCats Musical (Andrew Lloyd Webber)
1984-1985Skate CanadaGrzegorzFilipowskiCats musical (Andrew Lloyd Webber)/Unknown

Colonel Green

In terms of music that just came out this year and will be available to use for the first time next season, my number one wish is Alexandre Desplat's score for Little Women.

jeffisjeff

Not exactly fitting the topic of this thread, but here goes:

My husband and I recently started watching The Leftovers. I am sure someone or some team skated to the theme music - it is quite familiar. I believe it must have been fairly recently. Anyone know?

Colonel Green

My husband and I recently started watching The Leftovers. I am sure someone or some team skated to the theme music - it is quite familiar. I believe it must have been fairly recently. Anyone know?
Medvedeva and Kostornaia have both skated to The Leftovers soundtrack music.

georgiana08

The Shibutanis also used a piece of it in 2016-2017.

Seerek

In terms of music that just came out this year and will be available to use for the first time next season, my number one wish is Alexandre Desplat's score for Little Women.

I keep thinking/(hoping) one year a Desplat score "takes off" for programs, but it never really does. I don't think I ever saw one "Shape of Water" program. I think Little Women could have far more traction.

pat c

I keep thinking/(hoping) one year a Desplat score "takes off" for programs, but it never really does. I don't think I ever saw one "Shape of Water" program. I think Little Women could have far more traction.

Yes I agree Desplat's scores should have had some skating time. I have wondered why no one has used the Coco before chanel soundtrack, it has some great music.

snoopysnake

For years I've been wanting someone to skate to the Golden Slumbers Suite by The Beatles. They'd have to edit it a bit for time, but I love it so much.
I've also wanted someone to do Sleepwalk by Santo & Johnny too.
For something more classical, Acceleration Waltz by Strauss
And for an exhibition, Do You Love Me by The Contours for a dance team (even better if they carry a watermelon)
Sleepwalk! Yes! I always fantasize of skating to that. (And that version, too!)

Way back in the 80's Angelo D'Agostino had a fabulous exibition to Do You Love Me. I saw it at Evening With Champions at Harvard.

skateboy

I was just watching some old episodes of Perry Mason and wondered if anyone has ever skated to the theme song. I think it could work well for some skaters, here's the long version:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I was just watching some old episodes of Perry Mason and wondered if anyone has ever skated to the theme song. I think it could work well for some skaters, here's the long version:

Gilles and Poirier used it, but I think that was the program they ended up ditching for the James Bond program.

Orm Irian

There's a new Perry Mason show about to air starring Matthew Rhys and Tatiana Maslany, so if it uses the original theme song or a similar one and has a halfway decent soundtrack I wouldn't be surprised if someone uses it soon.

screech

With the Finnstep apparently being carried over to next season, I want a team to rework their musicals themed rhythm dance to now be to "That Thing You Do", both because it's genuinely an AMAZING song (there's some other great songs in the movie too), and also in memory of its composer, Adam Schlesinger, who recently died of the virus. (Also, not for nothing, but it always blows my mind that Tom Everett Scott had never played the drums before making the movie)

alj5

I have been obsessed with the Westworld Season 2 soundtrack for some reason. It's the source of the Paint It Black resurgence recently.

But...there's an amazing instrumental cover of Kanye West's Runaway that's conveniently the perfect time for a short program. Alexei Krasnozhon skated to part of it in his short last year, but the full track is just beautiful.

Also there's an instrumental cover of Seven Nation Army with a Sitar/Indian vibe.

And another instrumental cover to Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box.

And Radiohead's Codex

And a Japanese take on the WuTang Clan's C.R.E.A.M.

Even Season 3 of the series has this freaking amazing tango-like cover of Wicked Games by the Weeknd.

litenkyckling

I especially think this when it comes to his work with Wes Anderson (Fantastic Mr Fox, Moonrise Kingdom, The Grand Budapest Hotel) - so much colourful inspiration for stories and costumes too.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
For me, I've never heard a pop song with a stronger hook than 'If'.

Quit snooping into my workout playlist

tee-hee

NOW, EVERYTIME THIS SECTION comes on I do it across the gym floor...and I dont care who is lookin or who is watchin....

olympic

Quit snooping into my workout playlist

tee-hee

NOW, EVERYTIME THIS SECTION comes on I do it across the gym floor...and I dont care who is lookin or who is watchin....

Wow. It’s on my playlist too! I just want to move every part of my body when it plays! I think it would require a powerful couple quick on their feet to handle it. Honestly, I could see Hubbell Donohue doing it!

syzygy

I'm sort of going to do a reverse/inside-out one.

You are allowed to skate to Queen. However, you are not allowed to skate to:
  • Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Somebody to Love
  • Love of My Life (with a bonus deduction if you treat it like a happy love song which it is not)
  • Don't Stop Me Now
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love
  • Under Pressure
  • We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions
  • Who Wants To Live Forever?

Minus ten points if you use a shitty cover, too.
Extremely late, but Lindsey Stirlings version of Who Wants to Live Forever is okay, right? Skyliners Junior 2019 did a good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information