2019 NFL

Fiero425

Very happy for the KC Chiefs. It has been a long wait for their fans. I went to undergraduate school in Kansas but never warmed up to the Chiefs (I have been a Cowboys fan forever). Still I am happy that they finally made it to the Superbowl. I will be rooting for them. I never cared for the 49rs. I wonder what the Patriots are thinking now? They let their backup QB to SF and now he is probably going to be a SB champion, while they got eliminated in the first playoff game.

NE as a team didn't want to get rid of Jimmy Garoppolo! He was the heir apparent to Brady, but Tom wasn't ready to step down! It was the same situation as with Favre in GB; Rodgers on the back burner, QB in waiting! Tom went over Belichick's head to the owner and sent Garoppolo packin'! Kraft's finally coming around to the coach's way of thinking and stopped interfering in day to day operations! I think Bill was ready to bolt himself leaving Kraft with his old QB and a system without a leader! :duh:

Cachoo

Do you think you can be a savant in a sport? I've been reading a lot about Mahomes and unlike so many young boys who are trained and trained and trained to become a quarterback he came to it slowly after playing baseball and basketball and had to compete for the position on the high school and collegiate level. His parents never made demands about one sport or another though his dad taught him how to throw a baseball at a young age. And he has been an honor student all of his life. I'm a lifelong Kansas City fan and truth be told, I've never seen anyone like him in a Kansas City uniform--maybe the closest is Joe Montana. But he is still a baby in the football world and he is leading the team to the Superbowl. How did KC see his potential? How did the 9 teams that drafted someone else before him miss it? These are mysteries to me.

Rob

Beach Bum
I think it’s all a crap shoot. Look at Wilson, he was drafted well after Luck and RGIII. Look at Brady, 6th round, and you’ve barely heard of the 6 quarterbacks drafted before him. They draft based on next best stats available at the position they need or at a position someone else needs to they can trade. And the chips fall where they may.

Cachoo

NE as a team didn't want to get rid of Jimmy Garoppolo! He was the heir apparent to Brady, but Tom wasn't ready to step down! It was the same situation as with Favre in GB; Rodgers on the back burner, QB in waiting! Tom went over Belichick's head to the owner and sent Garoppolo packin'! Kraft's finally coming around to the coach's way of thinking and stopped interfering in day to day operations! I think Bill was ready to bolt himself leaving Kraft with his old QB and a system without a leader! :duh:
I was listening to Colin Cowherd today and he thought Belichick wanted Jimmy to go to the best available coach on the NFC side for one measly pick instead of pushing for more picks because he wanted an "I told you so" moment with those who pushed Jimmy out. So you give the NFC team with a bright coach (the 49ers) an awesome deal then do an "I told you so" when Jimmy shines in his new setting. Bill sounds a little vindictive. But this is speculation.......

Cachoo

One of my favorite stories of this football season has to be Chiefs lineman Dr. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif and his odyssey from McGill University to the Chiefs while earning his M.D. Doing one of these things is so impressive but both together???? Wow!

I don't know if Canadians would want this but I wish the NFL had a franchise in Canada.

Fiero425

One of my favorite stories of this football season has to be Chiefs lineman Dr. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif and his odyssey from McGill University to the Chiefs while earning his M.D. Doing one of these things is so impressive but both together???? Wow!

I don't know if Canadians would want this but I wish the NFL had a franchise in Canada.

They've mused about it believe it or not! It was even proposed to include Europe in the league, maybe 2 or 4 teams! The commute is a b!tch, but they've been exposed to the game by way of a couple official games we play over there in England every year! They do it with baseball, basketball, & hockey, but the union and tax situation are making them balk probably! :wall:

Cachoo

They've mused about it believe it or not! It was even proposed to include Europe in the league, maybe 2 or 4 teams! The commute is a b!tch, but they've been exposed to the game by way of a couple official games we play over there in England every year! They do it with baseball, basketball, & hockey, but the union and tax situation are making them balk probably! :wall:

Toronto seems like such a natural addition to me but I know it is one expensive proposition.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I was listening to Colin Cowherd today and he thought Belichick wanted Jimmy to go to the best available coach on the NFC side for one measly pick instead of pushing for more picks because he wanted an "I told you so" moment with those who pushed Jimmy out. So you give the NFC team with a bright coach (the 49ers) an awesome deal then do an "I told you so" when Jimmy shines in his new setting. Bill sounds a little vindictive. But this is speculation.......
This sounds more to me like revision after the fact. As in "I meant to do that!"

Anyway, their loss is our gain so I'm not complaining.

Fiero425

This sounds more to me like revision after the fact. As in "I meant to do that!"

Anyway, their loss is our gain so I'm not complaining.

No revisionist history going on! Belichick wanted to move off Brady to Jimmy G. as the heir apparent, but Tom went over the coach's head to the owner, Kraft! The only reason Brady was still on the team this past season was due to that intervention! Shipping Jimmy G. to someone Bill liked and mentored was a "screw you then" to Kraft! It's believed that they just want Tom to retire, but he feels he has something left even though he lost to 3 playoff teams during the regular season! That should have told him something, but he's going to pull a Favre and just hang on past his expiration date! The Chargers have been frequently invoked as a destination, but Brady should be gone from NE! They'll probably draft a QB in April! :confused:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
No revisionist history going on! Belichick wanted to move off Brady to Jimmy G. as the heir apparent, but Tom went over the coach's head to the owner, Kraft!
I was referring to the idea that Belichick only got 1 pick for Jimmy G because he wanted to say "I told you so" later on. I think he got 1 pick because that's what he thought Garopollo was worth.

Fiero425

I was referring to the idea that Belichick only got 1 pick for Jimmy G because he wanted to say "I told you so" later on. I think he got 1 pick because that's what he thought Garopollo was worth.

No genius; Bill was screwing Kraft! WTF can you possibly be talking about; JG's only worth 1 draft choice? :duh:

once_upon

Better off now than 4 years ago? Have TP now
My friends from high school are going to the game
Their son works for the Chiefs organization and they got tickets through the that connection (they paid for them). Of course we will cheer for the Chiefs, having gone to our first NFL at Arrowhead in October cheering on the Chiefs :)

Cachoo

I'm interested in personalities on my team: Honeybadger's mother was never in the picture and his father is in prison for life and has been since Tyra
My friends from high school are going to the game
Their son works for the Chiefs organization and they got tickets through the that connection (they paid for them). Of course we will cheer for the Chiefs, having gone to our first NFL at Arrowhead in October cheering on the Chiefs :)

How fun! If they tell you about their experience let us know. My brother-in-law (and his small company) had a suite at Arrowhead but they decided to save for a different vacation and to watch at home. He added "this time" which is pretty funny if you love the Chiefs because for years and years you could not say that. Mahomes and Reid = HOPE.

once_upon

Better off now than 4 years ago? Have TP now
I'm interested in personalities on my team: Honeybadger's mother was never in the picture and his father is in prison for life and has been since Tyra

How fun! If they tell you about their experience let us know. My brother-in-law (and his small company) had a suite at Arrowhead but they decided to save for a different vacation and to watch at home. He added "this time" which is pretty funny if you love the Chiefs because for years and years you could not say that. Mahomes and Reid = HOPE.
We will hear all about the experience next month when we go out for dinner. Plus I'm sure they will post pictures of the game. At the championship game their son got them down on the field to take pictures. Don't know if their son will be able to do that again. They leave Friday morning on one of the first chartered flights out of KC.

jenny12

Congrats to KC. I was rooting for the 49ers but as pretty as Jimmy G. is, the boy isn’t a quality QB. Mahomes came through at the end as he always does.

That damn Tomahawk Chop the KC fans do will always piss me off to no end but I can be happy for the players while ignoring those particular fans.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
So happy for the KC Chiefs! I went to undergrad school at Kansas State University, and graduate school at Texas Tech University. Mahomes played for my Alma mater TTU. I am so proud!

Congratulations Chiefs!

Last edited:

Fiero425

So happy for the KC Chiefs! I went to undergrad school at Kansas State University, and graduate school at Texas Tech University. Mahomes played for my al a mater TTU. I am so proud!

Congratulations Chiefs!

Believe it or not, KC's defense is what came thru for them! Without them, they certainly wouldn't have won this game! SF stymied the Chiefs for 3 quarters and it looked bleak before that big play to HILL for 40+ yards! The interceptions were so important to nail this thing down! :rolleyes:

Susan1

Rats. I even wore my 49ers sweatshirt all day yesterday. I even watched the whole game, which I haven't done for about 30 years.

When they were showing different celebrities that were there, they showed Paul McCartney in somebody's box. Whose was it? Who was he rooting for?

Cachoo

SSSOOO....the last time this happened for KC we had just purchased our first color tv for the game....happily ditching our black and white tv that had the broken control knob (remotes did not exist for most.) There was the moon landing and the improbable '69 Mets too and technologically life was so very different. But I think the love for the team and for the game has never changed.

San Francisco has scary good athletes who are YOUNG. I've never seen Mahomes have so much trouble. They will return. And I hope the Chiefs return too.

Fiero425

SSSOOO....the last time this happened for KC we had just purchased our first color tv for the game....happily ditching our black and white tv that had the broken control knob (remotes did not exist for most.) There was the moon landing and the improbable '69 Mets too and technologically life was so very different. But I think the love for the team and for the game has never changed.

San Francisco has scary good athletes who are YOUNG. I've never seen Mahomes have so much trouble. They will return. And I hope the Chiefs return too.:40beers:

We're lucky KC fans since SF had this game pretty much rapped up! The decision making by the coach was just as helpful in their comeback; not just the QB's missed passes! Falling behind by double digits requires help from the opposition! KC is quite fortunate IMO! Congrats to Chiefs anyway! :40beers:

Cachoo

So bummed...
I watched the show on the NFL channel that shows the footage of the players who were mic'd for the game and I found Kittle every bit as likable as Mahomes. They are both young lions for their teams. At the very end of the game Kittle stood on the sideline and quietly said: I will be back here----I WILL be back here and I will be back with a vengeance. You will not get the best of me in this shirt.

I believe him.

Fiero425

IT’S OFFICIAL! Tom Brady is leaving the Patriots! 😱

Where’s he going now? How much $$$ will a team give for him for (I’m guessing) 1-2 seasons?

Without even reading it, I'm sure Brady and his people will say "it's not about the money," but we all know it is! He wants top $$ to be mediocre I guess! Brady got tired of his wife making more for all these years! Some sucker/owner will throw a mountain of cash at him, but we'll see how that works for them outside of the PR! :duh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information