Gilles and Poirier Cheer Thread

SkateFanBerlin

Dance scoring is most inscrutable. To get winning marks you have to appear passionately in love. Even as we saw last night open-mouth kissing on final pose.

I'm American but would rather see G/P do their beautiful skates that all the faux on-ice love making.

yurokis40

The fact they were lowballed in the rd means they had no chance in the fd. But they skated well and kept there cool in this event, while other teams with more experience were nervous and made mistakes they proved to the judges they belong now with the top teams. I knew they weren’T going to medal here reputation in ice dance still counts for a lot they were the team with the least amount of cred. I hope they train hard for second half of season.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Next to Papadakis & Cizeron, in my opinion, Piper and Paul have the best programs this season.

Here's hoping their placement at the GPF doesn't affect their podium chances in Montreal. They really need a strong win at Canadians, as well as beating the two American teams here at Four Continents (assuming all three couples go).

yurokis40

Congrats to Piper & Paul for finishing 4th in the Free Dance at the GPF.

Bodes well for the rest of the season.
Hope sp
Next to Papadakis & Cizeron, in my opinion, Piper and Paul have the best programs this season.

Here's hoping their placement at the GPF doesn't affect their podium chances in Montreal. They really need a strong win at Canadians, as well as beating the two American teams here at Four Continents (assuming all three couples go).
I don’t think it will the gp final was heavily slanted toward the us teams with Shawn restart at the helm

The Observer

It was similar last season -- the RD score kept them down at several events, but then the FD score from Vincent would move them up. That's how they beat Weaver/Poje in the FD at Nationals & Four Conts.

This year the FD score for Joni Mitchell has also helped move them up. They just need to keep an eye on the RD score.

The Observer

Yes, the RD scored over 80 at Skate Canada & Cup of Russia.

It's only the GPF RD score that was below par.

Hopefully it will go back up over 80 for the rest of the season.

ichiro

Would a costume change help with bringing up their RD scores? For Gilles something more inline with the Broadway outfits worn (more impact and wow)? To me the RD outfit though fun kinda falls flat and makes her look shorter. I want some Kaitlyn Weaver level tiff.

Debrah

I am hoping they use National's (relative lack of pressure without W&P,F-B&S) to truly showcase what they are capable of producing, to hopefully send the message that they ARE DEFINITELY IN THE HUNT FOR 2020 WORLD PODIUM and beyond! What I want to see at National's, is a true improvement in the RD, as that is what has held them back in the past. They have always had great choreography and performance. However, silly miscues have held them back, thus when they did manage to skate very well across both programs, they were not really rewarded enough due to lack of trust to be on the judge's radar. I want squeaky CLEAN programs this week from them, for confidence and message sending and also to help me justify the all the loonies my newly minted official SR self will be spending to go to worlds to cheer LOUDLY and PROUDLY for them! As long as they do their best I will be happy as skater's can only control what they can do on the ice, but fan reaction + national ranking's and scoring does often help send the message to PTB that a team is on the rise thus in a real way fans can and often do help influence PCS. Go TEAM! EARN those huge contender scores pretty please!

DFJ

Well, that was an interesting RD. Her hair got stuck in his costume but they pulled it off really well. Well done!!

florencewind

Banned Member
Congrats to their first National title. They really didn't skate their best though. The scores they got without being really on is a sign of confidence the CSA has in them now.

yurokis40

Congrats to their first National title. They really didn't skate their best though. The scores they got without being really on is a sign of confidence the CSA has in them now.
the fd was skated well much more speed than in the past, the rd was good aside from the hiccup lets see at 4cc.

yurokis40

NEXT SEASON'S PROGRAMS: COMMENCE (squads of workers in jumpsuits heave open colossal vault door to reveal cavern, lake, carousel, zeppelins, vikings, dragon etc.)

skating music guy i don`t know just guessed lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information