Gilles and Poirier Cheer Thread

RoseRed

I hope they will keep the Joni Mitchell program for the Olympics... it is immaculate program and well deserved 👏..

Any new news on Poje and Weaver ?.. are they returning ?
They won't keep Joni after using it for two seasons. I think they've said they already have their Olympic music.

zigzig

Was gutted for Chock and Bates to be off the podium but if any team was gonna do it I was glad it was G/P. I've always liked them and hope that they are able to continue their momentum leading up to the 2022. And Paul's thic booty just seems to keep getting better with age :smokin:

Debrah

Congratulations on the breakthrough performances! Gilles and Poirier's competitive programs were always fabulous, but in Sweeden, their delivery was excellent, authentic, and just MESMERIZING. The future might be even brighter for them than even I anticipated, considering that the long knives have already begun to appear! Watching their gala performance (a program that I have seen several times before) was a huge revelation to me, as that program seemed completely different, somehow they had made it fresh and far more compelling, perhaps because of a newfound level of confidence, emotional commitment, and the magical connection pouring forth from their evident self-belief! The pressure being off their shoulders, combined with validation of welcome new bling, congratulatory messages from ecstatic fans celebrating their success from all over the world, gave them wings to float across the ice, dancing together into a future full of possibilities, as newly inspired, extremely worthy, WORLD MEDALISTS! Go, Team!

VICK B.

They won't keep Joni after using it for two seasons. I think they've said they already have their Olympic music.

With the World covid criss... I will cheer to have Joni Mitchell program for Olympic tribute and moral .. I want 100% this program for Olympic tribute and love and human beauty is unconditional...

This is my personal opinion and I have right to voice it ...

Sylvia

TBD
Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier relive a world bronze medal win
The Canadian ice dancers reflect on achieving a world podium and losing out on silver by less than a hundredth of a point.
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1880664131652 (not geoblocked)

ETA that Nick McCarvel wrote this article before they competed in Stockholm:
... they have also started to plan their programs for the Olympic season, a keen eye set on the podium at Beijing 2022.
“We want to make sure the judges are extremely confident in the [program] choices that we've made,” Gilles added. “I think both of us are very excited to announce our programs when the time is ready.
We feel that – especially with the free dance – it continues our Olympic cycle with programs ‘for the people.’ The music really speaks to the two of us and our whole story as a couple and our journey. So I think we're very, very excited and confident with the vehicle that we've chosen [for the Olympics].”
Video that is embedded in the article: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/piper-gilles-paul-poirier-skating-podium-focus/

Last edited:

Habs

A bitch from Canada
With the World ********* criss... I will cheer to have Joni Mitchell program for Olympic tribute and moral .. I want 100% this program for Olympic tribute and love and human beauty is unconditional...

This is my personal opinion and I have right to voice it ...

Fair enough. But they have stated they'll have new programs and have already started them.

annie_mg

I just had a realisation. Piper really reminds me of Marina Anissina (A/P are the ones who got me into skating) in how she's so committed to the programme. The only time her facial expression and upper body aren't 'on' are when she does twizzles. Otherwise, she's always there, 100%. Am I the only one seeing the resemblance?

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting from the Canadian Dance thread in GSD:
Speculate away on Piper & Paul’s next RD:

Haha if this is true, do I win a prize for guessing Elton, without any hints other than feathers? And if they do go Elton, PLEASE let Paul go full Elton with the costume! (Also, please let them go Elton and not Taron Edgerton. No matter that Taron was brilliant in Rocketman, I prefer when people use the original)
FWIW, Piper liked a fan's tweet yesterday that said they "are the perfect team to pull off an Elton John RD. And for the Olympics???"

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Live chat with Pj Kwong: https://twitter.com/skatingpj/status/1393566850030526468
(also on FB)

ETA a relevant excerpt from the Canadian Ice Dance thread in GSD:
Carol Lane said in today's chat they have secured extra ice for Piper/Paul so they can work on choreography;
Carol Lane (~43:50): "... I would say at the moment it doesn't look like anything's going to be happening in the summer, competition-wise, as far as we can tell right now. So my goal at the moment is to get everybody's choreography completely finished."

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I don’t mean to be inappropriate (maybe I do tho) but look at those buns. 😜

firstflight

Is Paul in the process of coming out, just randomly/coincidentally throwing out rainbows and affectionate guy pics at the start of pride month, or is he already out? Or another explanation?

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Is Paul in the process of coming out, just randomly/coincidentally throwing out rainbows and affectionate guy pics at the start of pride month, or is he already out? Or another explanation?

So strange you asked this. I thought the same thing over this past weekend as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information