Prince Andrew

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Thanks for the link. You know, this should not be rocket science. Are they this out of touch with reality? Do they feel this annointed? Andrew with his interview, and Harry & Meghan with their lawsuit seem to put themselves in the middle of chaos. Isn't there anyone who says "Hey, take the turn to the right....avoid the alligators.

canbelto

Fascinating article with interesting insight into both Andrew and Harry.

And I notice a pattern -- the royal reporters maybe for fear of alienating their sources tend to blame the woman first. Fergie got a lot of blame, now Meghan is. When this article is suggesting that both Andrew and Harry are the ones who have had a lot of issues for a long time.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Thanks for the link. You know, this should not be rocket science. Are they this out of touch with reality? Do they feel this annointed? Andrew with his interview, and Harry & Meghan with their lawsuit seem to put themselves in the middle of chaos. Isn't there anyone who says "Hey, take the turn to the right....avoid the alligators.

Do you really think the scandal with Andrew & H/M's PR woes are the same? What in your opinion did H/M do that was as wrong as rape? Why mention them in the same sentence? You must really hate Meghan.

AxelAnnie

Do you really think the scandal with Andrew & H/M's PR woes are the same? What in your opinion did H/M do that was as wrong as rape? Why mention them in the same sentence? You must really hate Meghan.
Ah conclusion jumping. Did you read the PR piece? Here I go again. Andrew and M/H have each made bad PR moves. And nothing has been proven about rape.

MsZem

I see the sea
I think both have made unwise PR decisions, but they are related to things that are obviously very different. The BRF in general, and the Sussexes specifically, all deal with the challenge of how to best cultivate a good relationship with the press. Andrew is experiencing the fallout of his relationship with a sex offender and the high likelihood that he is one himself.

AxelAnnie

I think both have made unwise PR decisions, but they are related to things that are obviously very different. The BRF in general, and the Sussexes specifically, all deal with the challenge of how to best cultivate a good relationship with the press. Andrew is experiencing the fallout of his relationship with a sex offender and the high likelihood that he is one himself.
Correct. Andrew made a huge PR blunder (never mind what he is trying to spin) in doint that 45 minute TV interview. The Sussexes IMO will discover that suing the tabloids will make their lives harder.

canbelto

Correct. Andrew made a huge PR blunder (never mind what he is trying to spin) in doint that 45 minute TV interview. The Sussexes IMO will discover that suing the tabloids will make their lives harder.

Except the "blunders" are not the same. Andrew was trying to polish up an association with a pedophile and accusations of rape. Meghan and Harry are suing the tabloids and not really going about their war with the press in a smart way. But Meghan and Harry are not accused of anything illegal. Why do you keep putting the two together as if they are exactly the same?

MsZem

I see the sea
Except the "blunders" are not the same. Andrew was trying to polish up an association with a pedophile and accusations of rape. Meghan and Harry are suing the tabloids and not really going about their war with the press in a smart way. But Meghan and Harry are not accused of anything illegal. Why do you keep putting the two together as if they are exactly the same?
Well, the article that we all read discusses the PR woes of both Prince Andrew and the Sussexes. This does not mean that they consider "not playing nice with the press" to be equal to the alleged sexual assault of teenagers.

Cachoo

I think M&H are going through young, royal couple growing pains. They'll learn. I suppose Andrew must feel very unlucky: After all people of privilege everywhere used to be much more protected from criminal charges and scandal. I'm happy the world is changing and some are called to answer for their behaviour.

canbelto

A good op-ed on how the bad vibes from Prince Andrew is affecting enjoyment of Netflix's The Crown:

More sordid stuff about Andrew:

Japanfan

Ah conclusion jumping. Did you read the PR piece? Here I go again. Andrew and M/H have each made bad PR moves. And nothing has been proven about rape.

Just look at who he was hanging out with. A man who didn't have 'rape' in his vocabulary and felt entitled to 'enjoy' the company of girls.

This.

AxelAnnie

Just look at who he was hanging out with. A man who didn't have 'rape' in his vocabulary and felt entitled to 'enjoy' the company of girls.

Well they say you are known by the company you keep. Andrew will IMO never be charged, never go to trial, and never be convicted. What we chose to think he did is conjecture.

Lawyer hat off: Personally I think he is guilty as hell, and that is exactly where he should end up.
I just can't see him attending his daughter's wedding. But why should he think of anyone but himself at this point?

Judy

the tabloids over there are horrible. I’m behind them for suing.

i haven’t followed the Andrew thing that much though.

just tuned in

Is he still going to be called "Prince?" I read an article about Charles wanting to trim down the number of royals. What does that mean? Do they lose their royal titles? Do they not get invited to christenings?

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Is he still going to be called "Prince?" I read an article about Charles wanting to trim down the number of royals. What does that mean? Do they lose their royal titles? Do they not get invited to christenings?

Historically Andrew & Edward will lose their Prince titles when Charles becomes King & will get Royal Duke or just plain Duke titles. But I imagine they will still be invited to family functions. I can't think of any reason that would change.

attyfan

Charles wants to trim down the number of working royals (i.e., those who get supported for making appearances), but he wasn't planning to cut those, such as Princess Anne, who have spent their lives in that role -- so Andrew would not have been cut when Charles becomes king if he had behaved himself, and if he is cut, he has only himself to blame.

The proposed cuts will start at the next generation -- which is why Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are not working royals -- but they still have titles and are invited to family functions (such as christenings).

I think this is one reason why Prince Edward's kids -- and baby Archie -- are not titled "Prince" or "Princess" -- and while Archie may get that title when Charles becomes king, Harry and Meghan may also reject it, since doing without the title may make it easier for the child to fit into non-royal life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information