Which Three Russian ladies would you like to see on the worlds 2020 team?

Which Three Russian ladies do you want to see on the Worlds 2020 team for Russia?

• Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Votes: 85 47.2%
  • Evgenia Medvedeva

Votes: 107 59.4%
  • Alexandra Trusova

Votes: 85 47.2%
  • Anna Schsherbakova

Votes: 42 23.3%
  • Alena Kostornaya

Votes: 110 61.1%
  • Alina Zagitova

Votes: 70 38.9%
  • Sofia Samodurova

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Stanislava Konstantinova

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Maria Sotskova

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I know this is a tough question but which Three Russian ladies do you want to see on the Worlds 2020 team?

If you wish, you may add two Subs in a post, but not in the poll (Three is the limit for the poll)

The poll is active for 10 weeks, which means it is likely to end before the Russian Nationals.

DreamSkates

This is going to be a tough year for Russian ladies with only 3 spots for Worlds. I can only imagine the competition for these spots and leading up to the next Olympic games.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
I am amazed Tuktamysheva is still contending with these young girls doing quads coming up. Amazing determination.
I am interested to see how the judges award transition scores to Tuktamysheva compared to the Eteri skaters. Tuk has no transitions on purpose, whereas the Eteri skaters have dozens but none of them have any purpose. It's going to be one of the more intriguing aspects of the Hungry Games.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Sheesh, this is like Sophie's choice.

I'd love to see the day that World Championships competitors are determined by the season's highest scoring athletes.

Last December, watching pairs and ladies at Russian nationals, as well as the ladies at Japanese nationals, had fields that were far deeper than the world championships overall.

Until then, it's nuts that the current crop in this poll collectively features an Olympic Champion, three World champions, four European champions, three Grand Prix Series Final champions, three Junior World champions, three Junior Grand Prix Series Final champions, and four Senior national champions.

In all likelihood, I am guessing that the World Team for 2020 will be Trusova, Shcherbakova, and Zagitova.

I do have a soft spot for Tuktamysheva, Kostornaia, and Medvedeva, though.

Last edited:

kittyjake5

I am interested to see how the judges award transition scores to Tuktamysheva compared to the Eteri skaters. Tuk has no transitions on purpose, whereas the Eteri skaters have dozens but none of them have any purpose. It's going to be one of the more intriguing aspects of the Hungry Games.

Maybe if Tukt kicks her leg multiple time that will help with her transition mark. Kicking counts right. ;)

Ena Grins

Trusova for sure, my gut (bias?) says Kostornaia, and then one of Tuktamysheva, Medvedeva, or Zagitova. I voted for Liza though because it would make me happy.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Trusova for sure, my gut (bias?) says Kostornaia, and then one of Tuktamysheva, Medvedeva, or Zagitova. I voted for Liza though because it would make me happy.
I. Can not imagine Med and Zag won't be chosen.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
On my sentimental wish list is Liza, Evgenia, and Sasha. But likely, only Trusova will make it. I hope she does because I want to see her become the first woman to nail 3 rotated quads at a Senior Worlds! I do love ALL the Russian girls though!

DreamSkates

I would guess that part of the decision, behind closed doors, is who the Russian Federation wants to promote to be the next Olympic champion.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
On my sentimental wish list is Liza, Evgenia, and Sasha. But likely, only Trusova will make it. I hope she does because I want to see her become the first woman to nail 3 rotated quads at a Senior Worlds! I do love ALL the Russian girls though!
She may go for 4 according to :sekret:

I'm confident Trusova will be one, Zagitova another and I'd love for Kostornaia to be the third, but unless she gets the 3A nailed down by RusNationals, I suspect it will be either Scherbakova or Tuk depending on who is on the podium at nationals. Russia will go with the Nationals podium because if you can medal in Russia, you can medal at Worlds. Kihira has a 3A and Tursy has a quad. They want equal TES scores.

DreamSkates

I know the question was who would you like, but out of completely curiosity do you think that is even a realistic trio.
Will Med's world medal count at all - from this past year at least, and possibly previous years? She's proven herself a few times compared to those who will be new to the senior ranks.

starrynight

I suppose a massive component will be who doesn't have a meltdown under pressure at Russian Nationals. It's hard to even say at this point.

The thing is, whatever happens on the GP circuit is going to be a massive psychological game. So the mental state of the girls now, is not what it will be in December. And I don't think that should be underestimated.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I suppose a massive component will be who doesn't have a meltdown under pressure at Russian Nationals. It's hard to even say at this point.

The thing is, whatever happens on the GP circuit is going to be a massive psychological game. So the mental state of the girls now, is not what it will be in December. And I don't think that should be underestimated.
:lol: Russian skaters have been competing against the best skaters in the world since they were 8 or 9. They can handle it. It's sudden growth issues that are the unknown factor among the teens. And, the Russian Fed will go with the nationals medalists since they are all seniors this year. Med's bronze medal at last year's worlds is history. Same as Trusova's junior worlds, Zagitova's senior worlds and all the other medals they have between the lot of them. They will send this season's winners.

starrynight

:lol: Russian skaters have been competing against the best skaters in the world since they were 8 or 9. They can handle it.

I'm confused as to why I'm being laughed at. Wasn't last year's nationals a prime example of the pressure cooker? Zagitova, Medvedeva etc certainly did not skate their best - if anything Zag was helped along to 5th place after finishing 12th in the free skate? This is a skater who went on to win worlds. I don't understand how anyone could pretend there won't be huge psychological pressure which could force mistakes when there are about 6 high level ladies competing for 3 spots.

Although, there is something to be said for being too young to fully understand pressure. That is something the younger girls have in their favour.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information