2020 U.S. Figure Skating Championships will return to Greensboro Coliseum in North Carolina

Debbie S

Have they sent out anything with the full schedule? A friend and I purchased all-event tickets, but I have yet to see a full schedule. Trying to decide how many nights to book at hotel and when to schedule flights.
I've only received what I described above. But I'm going by the sched for this past year (main arena) and assuming Junior practices will start Monday with Junior SPs starting Tues aftn/evening. I booked the hotel starting Tues night.

We should definitely have a full sched of the comp times when single-session tix go on sale, hopefully before then.

DreamSkates

Have they sent out anything with the full schedule? A friend and I purchased all-event tickets, but I have yet to see a full schedule. Trying to decide how many nights to book at hotel and when to schedule flights.
Here's the one from 2019. In previous years I was able to watch the Ladies short on Thursday night - seems it was included in the weekend package, but not this year. I don't think I purchased the entire week because I have what was left of my tickets, and no juniors with those.
Usually the schedule is the same year to year. But if anyone has updated or more info, please post!

Moto Guzzi

Here's the one from 2019. In previous years I was able to watch the Ladies short on Thursday night - seems it was included in the weekend package, but not this year. I don't think I purchased the entire week because I have what was left of my tickets, and no juniors with those.
Usually the schedule is the same year to year. But if anyone has updated or more info, please post!
Thanks for the info. We'll plan to arrive Tuesday and leave on Monday.

mposl

Does anyone know when they will release a more detailed schedule? I am wanting to plan my hotel stay but would like to know which events will be on which days. I thought I heard that Nationals will be a little different format this year.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Does anyone know when they will release a more detailed schedule? I am wanting to plan my hotel stay but would like to know which events will be on which days. I thought I heard that Nationals will be a little different format this year.

See Debbie's post right above yours.

Debbie S

Email today from LOC says single-session tix will go on sale Sept 20. There will be a presale for those on the email list. Date for presale is "Thursday, September 18" - I guess we'll find out whether it's Wednesday the 18th or Thursday the 19th. :shuffle:

So far, nothing is up on Ticketmaster and the events list on the all-event purchase page still lists times as TBA. My guess is both Ticketmaster and the LOC website will be updated early that week, if not before.

livetoskate

Will the presale just be through ticketmaster's site or is there a special link through an email? I thought I was on the mailing list but didn't get an email about the presale that's supposed to start tomorrow. Thanks for all the info!

Debbie S

@livetoskate I didn't get an email yet either. The previous email said "Thursday the 18th" so it could be Thursday and not tmrw (obviously, one part of their email was wrong). I assume they will send a code via email and send you to the Ticketmaster site.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
The individual ticket brochure has all the event times listed on page 2:

Looks like no split free skates this year on Saturday. Yay!

TUESDAY, JANUARY 21
SESSION 1 12 pm Junior Pairs Short Program
SESSION 2 2 pm Junior Men Short Program
SESSION 3 4:45 pm Junior Rhythm Dance

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 22
SESSION 4 9 am Junior Ladies Short Program
SESSION 5 11:45 am Junior Men Free Skate
SESSION 6 2:30 pm Junior Pairs Free Skate
SESSION 7 8:30 pm Junior Free Dance

THURSDAY, JANUARY 23
SESSION 8 10 am Junior Ladies Free Skate
SESSION 9 4:30 pm Senior Pairs Short Program
SESSION 10 7:30 pm Senior Ladies Short Program

FRIDAY, JANUARY 24
SESSION 11 4:30 pm Senior Rhythm Dance
SESSION 12 6:30 pm OPENING CEREMONIES & Senior Ladies Free Skate

SATURDAY, JANUARY 25
SESSION 13 1:15 pm Senior Men’s Short Program
SESSION 14 6 pm Senior Pairs Free Skate
SESSION 15 9 pm Senior Free Dance

SUNDAY, JANUARY 26
SESSION 16 2 pm Senior Men’s Free Skate
SESSION 17 7:30 pm SKATING SPECTACULAR

Debbie S

Just got an email with the schedule but no code (Ticketmaster site says presale starts at 10 am tmrw):

Writing it out, b/c they sent it in a freaking table that won't copy/paste. ETA: And I see TanithandBenFan found a better table :lol:

Tuesday
Junior Pairs SP - noon
Junior Men SP - 2 pm
Junior RD - 4:45 pm

Wednesday
Junior Ladies SP - 9 am
Junior Men FS - 11:45 am
Junior Pairs FS - 2:30 pm
Junior FD - 8:30 pm

Thursday
Junior Ladies FS - 10 am
Senior Pairs SP - 4:30 pm
Senior Ladies SP - 7:30 pm

Friday
Senior RD - 4:30 pm
Senior Ladies FS (w/Opening Ceremonies) - 7 pm

Saturday
Senior Men SP - 1:15 pm
Senior Pairs FS - 6 pm
Senior FD - 9 pm

Sunday
Senior Men FS - 2 pm (Note: different from the 4 pm start time that was originally listed on Ticketmaster, I assumed there was no way they'd start the men that late, it likely wouldn't have ended until the ex time)
Exhibition - 7:30 pm

kiss-n-cry

Team Brown
Anyone know if you can buy a shuttle pass with just a weekend ticket? I sent an email but got no response. I was able to get one in 2015.

livetoskate

I got my tickets along w/a 20% discount for being a member of a skating club. There are still lots of great seats available.

rudi

Can any of you guys help me with a hotel recommendation? We have our tickets, but I have dragged my feet in booking a hotel. I went Nationals the first time it was in Greensboro, but I stayed off the beaten path...maybe 20 minutes away. I wouldn't mind staying close to the venue this time for the sake of convenience. I will have a car though, so it doesn't HAVE to be the closest one.

Debbie S

The Sheraton, Doubletree and a couple others have spectator rates, see the LOC website linked upthread. There are also some hotels...I know there's a Marriott...in downtown Greensboro, but that's a little further away. Not too much, though.

my3sons

Get them early though. A lot goes on in Greensboro. My son used to compete at the Aquatic center there and we have had to stay out of town a couple of times.

Carolla5501

I’m staying at a new Town Place suites near the coliseum

Free parking, free breakfast and looks like an easy drive. (Wonder if they are selling parking permits this year)

DreamSkates

Can any of you guys help me with a hotel recommendation? We have our tickets, but I have dragged my feet in booking a hotel. I went Nationals the first time it was in Greensboro, but I stayed off the beaten path...maybe 20 minutes away. I wouldn't mind staying close to the venue this time for the sake of convenience. I will have a car though, so it doesn't HAVE to be the closest one.
There are several places within a mile, if you use google and look up "hotels close to coliseum in Greensboro, NC" you should get a list. Quality and Red Roof Inn are the closest, with higher quality also nearby.
And there is airbnb. I've used that several times and had almost always, a great experience.

Sylvia

TBD
Triad Business Journal article:
https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/n...gure-skating-believes-increased-focus-on.html
Excerpt:
FanFest, which is free and open to the public, is next to practice rink in the Special Events Center.
Dunlop said the arena would seat about 10,000 (basically, the lower bowl) for the competition. The women's free skate competition in 2015 drew a crowd of 11,416, the largest for a single session in the previous two Greensboro events.
So far, Hill [Carrow] said the event has sold tickets to buyers in 43 states and Japan.
Carrow said 7,000 hotel room nights are projected as a result of the event, down from about 9,000 in 2015 and 8,000 in 2011. The elimination of the two lower-level competitions cut the schedule from 10 to seven days, hence the drop in room nights. <snip>
Carrow estimated that 60 percent of tickets will be purchased by residents of the Carolinas and Virginia.

Last edited:

Debbie S

Email today from LOC announced slight revisions to some start times and the Junior RD has been moved from 4:45 Tuesday afternoon to 8:15 Tuesday night. The only other large difference is the Junior Ladies FS is now starting at 11 am Thursday instead of 10. The updates are not currently posted on the website (email has an image which I can't copy/paste here) but I assume they will be soon.

Last edited:

sjs5572

I booked the Red Roof Inn on redroofinn.com for $52 night. It has very good reviews for a budget hotel.

Moto Guzzi

I booked the Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum yesterday for $65 per night with free wifi and continental breakfast. We stayed there in 2015, and it was a short drive--about five minutes. I purchased the parking pass for $60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information