German Skating News 2019/2020

marie1616

Interview with one of the new German pairs

It'll be interesing wether they choose Oberstdorf or Berlin as their German practice location ... lots of coaching options too: König/Schubert, Österreich/ Rex in Berlin and Fajr, Wende/Wende and Savchenko in Oberstdorf

J

Jeschke

Last 2 days Schott had 2 sneak peeks on her IG story of her (expected) new programs.
Couldn't identify the first one, the 2nd was 'Caught out in the rain' (still available today here)
Hope the open hair will make it to competition.

S

SmallFairy

Paul Fentz has been to camp in Finland with Dr.V and his wife. Seems like he had lots of fun according to his IG-posting. His new FS will be to Elton John - I’m still standing/Rocket man, choreographed by Adam Solya.

S

SmallFairy

Dastich has been working with Mason Perron in Bergamo, according to Anett Pötzsch on IG.

J

Jeschke

Paul Fentz has been to camp in Finland with Dr.V and his wife. Seems like he had lots of fun according to his IG-posting. His new FS will be to Elton John - I’m still standing/Rocket man, choreographed by Adam Solya.

Not sure I am ready for Fentz in an Elton John costume 😅

J

Jeschke

Seems like Mueller/Dieck's FD quiz is almost over:

'Coco Chanel' OST seems pretty likely. (great score by A. Desplat)
Confirmation still open.

Dobre

Is there an entry list posted somewhere for NRW Trophy? A poster on GS confirmed that Popova & Byelikov are signed up for the event.

J

Jeschke

I know its just the current entry lists but I find the lack of German dance teams at NRW Trophy telling.
I can only agree here, naming only one dance sub for 1st jgp is the same :violin:

Guess Berlin is not ready for competition or has a different season layout of their dance teams
To be fair, this event is shitty early (for seniors). U/S mentioned in an interview that it's just way too early, as they only got their programs ready.

J

Jeschke

Very likely I repeat myself, but german fed's homepage is killing me.
Bringing some (very rarely) news, but no news at all from worlds.
No updated team envelope so far.
No mentioning Polizoakis retired, Hocke/Blommaert, Thomalla/Kunkel split.
No updated nominations criteria.

This is a shame for a national federation, as almost every shitty small club in whichever sport in 🇩🇪 has its wegpage more up to date than this one and I expect in contrary no one is getting paid there to do so.
🆘

Last edited by a moderator:

sandra_persch

I can only agree here, naming only one dance sub for 1st jgp is the same :violin:

Ice Dance Monitoring is next week in Oberstdorf so when the lists for LAT come out we know more.
But as far as I know one of the teams on the FRA list was planning to do LAT and PLN ;) and not FRA so unless Luft / Schuster are ready and some other teams for the later JGPs too I can see the FRA spot being given back.

Enchanted

Well, Fajfr has already been sentenced for sexual abuse in the past and was banned from coaching for three years at the time.

Edited to add the link for the article.

Droysen says there was both physical and mental violence but he doesn’t mention any sexual abuse. He also mentions he and his parents had no idea of Fajfr’s old crimes and his parents never thought it might have been good to Google the name of the coach.

It is also said that Fajfr was often shouting to his students (idiot, stupid cow etc.), even for the younger students.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Oh boy... :(
Thanks for the link @Enchanted
I cannot read the full article, only after subscription.
Does it say if there is an official investigation going on now?

Is Droysen still skating? I always liked his artisic approach.

Enchanted

@Jeschke DEU says they didn’t know about the situation. Fajfr doesn’t have contract with DEU as he is a freelance coach. Therefore they are unable to act without offical notice by the skaters. They also say the acts have to punishable by the law.

This is all a bit weird as the German Olympic Committee has already banned him for life for attending the Olympics. The ban is based to Fajfr’s old convictions.

J

Jeschke

All 3 pairs (H/S, H/K and P/B) were at the ISU pairs camp in ITA under Mozer (Klimov and Savin).
(P/B missing on the photo though)

H/S did profit a lot last season from Savin‘s input imho, so I hope this will continue.

Do we have an update on head coach for Hocke/Kunkel?

Sabine-Yuna

All 3 pairs (H/S, H/K and P/B) were at the ISU pairs camp in ITA under Mozer (Klimov and Savin).
(P/B missing on the photo though)

H/S did profit a lot last season from Savin‘s input imho, so I hope this will continue.

Do we have an update on head coach for Hocke/Kunkel?
Where is P/B? I can't find them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information