The Voice 16, Spring 2019

chantilly

Obviously country music singers are well supported on this show.
The audience voted for them 50% over other genres.
I don’t include the comeback stage because there wasn’t a country artist in the running.

I don’t know why this show skews so much to country in general but it does.

Anyway I’m not thrilled again at this season. Love Maelyn but I still don’t know who she is as an artist.

Mari is cool and I like Celia but they have to deliver a stellar performance every time to have a hope in hell.

But I still don’t think any of these artists will do well in the real world.

It seems like this show rarely brings commercial success to its winning artists.

They also have to ditch the new format.

Ratings will be interesting moving forward.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
Count me as one who won't be watching the rest of the season. Mainly because the most entertaining thing Monday night was the Marshall's flash mob commercial, but secondly because this new format is putting through a lot of mediocre singers simply because of who the coach is.

chantilly

Count me as one who won't be watching the rest of the season. Mainly because the most entertaining thing Monday night was the Marshall's flash mob commercial, but secondly because this new format is putting through a lot of mediocre singers simply because of who the coach is.
I’m not sure if it’s Blake or the genre of country, but either way I’m with you, even if I can’t vote.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Oliv did a decent job with one of my favorite songs but her style is never going to be mainstream.

Let’s be honest: I’m watching this because I’m still in the hospital. That is a great promo for The Voice.

shan

For me, Celia rarely lives up to her artistic ambitions. Meh....

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I didn't really care to watch tonight so I skipped the show and it sounds like I made a smart decision. :blah:

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
My rankings for tonight-

1. Kim - she is so fun, I'm on board! :)
2. Gyth- alternates between average and very good, and nice to look at
3. Maelyn- not the coolest song choice but sounds great
4. Shawn- really solid
5. Rod- it was fine, he's cute and rootable
6. Dexter- it was fine, I kinda just like him since he is an AI alum and he doesn't annoy me
7. LB - solid, not very interesting
8. Andrew- nothing I care about but it didn't hurt my ears I guess
9. Jej- besides the cool ending, this was pretty crap IMO
10. Celia- karaoke, what is the point of her again? She isn't going to turn into Lorde all of the sudden
11. Carter- actually has a kinda nice voice but no, no no. boring
12. Oliv- oh Oliv. So mediocre. The cute hair almost saves her, but let's be real, this was trash.
13. Mari- this girl had a cool audition and has been kinda useless since. She was just screaming out words without really being in a key. A big nothing IMO...

I thought last week that the judges besides Kelly did an awful job with their freebie picks. I still find that to be true...and now even Jej is underwhelming...

Last edited:

moebius

Hoping Kim makes it all the way to the end. She's the only one that is remotely interesting.

chantilly

So funny. I have a mostly different take then everyone.

Maelyn is amazing. Best vocalist in a very long time.

Liked Carter, Rod and Kim. Think they’re all at least interesting. But they won’t win and I expect at least one of them gone by next week.

Gyth will likely win. He’s ok but nothing new or interesting.

Shawn and LB are great but despite their incredible voices I just find them dated and just “heard it all before.”

Mari is super cool, has great style, but has yet to deliver a great vocal and I think she knows it. I really want her to be better then she is on the show. Just don’t think she’s ready yet.

Celia is pretty much the same story.

The rest are all just meh.

I expect 3 country singers to go through, Maelyn, Kim and seriously have no clue who else.

But I beyond loathe the new format and truncated season.

I just may skip the show next year.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Youtube views-
Jej 151k
Maelyn 102k
Celia 62k
Kim 55k
Gyth 49k
LB 46k
Mari 43k
Shawn 43k
Carter 37k
Rod 34k
Oliv 33k
Andrew 28k
Dexter 27k

itunes
10 - Maelyn
43 - Shawn
52 - Gyth
83 - Rod
134 - Carter
148 - Dexter
155 - Andrew
182 - LB
223 - Kim
241 - Celia
253 - Jej
498 - Oliv
534 - Mari

mjs poll-
Maelyn 35, Celia 16, Jej 13, Gyth 10, Mari 7, Rod 4, Carter 3, Shawn 2, Oliv 2, LB 1, Andrew 1, Dexter and Kim 0

tvline poll-
Maelyn 51, Shawn 10, Jej 7, Carter 6, Gyth 6, Dexter 5, Rod 4, Mari 3, LB 1, Kim 1, Celia Andrew Oliv 0

Not that the numbers meant anything last week, but if they did, we would see a top 8 of-
Maelyn, Celia, Shawn, Jej, Gyth, and a crapshoot, which probably means country guys

Last edited:

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
Didn't watch and I'll depend on you guys to let me know if there is a performance I should see.

If I cared enough to vote, I would look for whichever non-Blake team member has the most likelihood to bump off one of Blake's clones and vote for them.

Rob

Beach Bum
I was watching this show, but I realized that I wasn't really listening because I can only remember Gyth, Kim, Shawn, LB, Celia (I suddenly noticed that I was hearing a lot of offkey), and Maelyn. I am vaguely aware that Jej, Mari, Carter, and Andrew sang something. I have no recollection at all of Rod, Dexter, or Oliv. I don't like the format either.

love skating

Clueless American
The only two I really really liked last night were Maelyn and Shawn. Not that I hated the others, they just were either boring or a bit off.

shan

It's so weird that Adam has no contestants left. And it's very weird that next week is the finale.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Ich. Gyth sang God Bless the USA. Obvious pandering for votes. Plus it really showed the flaws in his voice. I actually thought he was a good singer up to now.

Last edited:

shan

Yeah, pandering is the word that came to mind when I saw what he was singing. I was :yikes: at the guy singing Take Me to Church.

I really enjoyed Maelin. I'm hit or miss in liking the duets.

taf2002

I thought the only duet halfway decent was Help - Andrew & Carter. The others were butchered. IMO Madelyn & Shawn were really good, Kim was horrendous, & everyone else was pretty forgettable. This is the worst season of The Voice.

Allskate

I think that Maelynn is clearly the best and really is an incredibly talented singer. But, it wouldn't surprise me if the finalists are all Blake's guys. I suspect that a lot of the people still watching the show are Blake and country fans.

chantilly

I think that Maelynn is clearly the best and really is an incredibly talented singer. But, it wouldn't surprise me if the finalists are all Blake's guys. I suspect that a lot of the people still watching the show are Blake and country fans.

I’m guessing that unfortunately you are correct.

I’m not sure if the ratings have gone down in a significant way this season that could be attributed to the new format. But it’s not getting much support on line from what I’ve read.

I’m a little surprised that so many country artists were voted through. I guess there are a lot of states that support the genre, but I had no idea it would be this much.

If they stick with this format, I’m out.
Nothing against country but I’m not really a fan, especially of traditional country, which a lot of these artists are performing.

I may check in next year in the top 13 if I read that there’s interesting singers. Will see

shan

Maelyn should be the winner IMO. Shawn next. The rest are hit or miss on pitch, but of the country folk, I think I like Dexter.

My thoughts exactly. I would have Rod Stokes over the rest of the country people. I'm :fragile: that it seems like we're getting 3 contestants from Blake's team, all country. Blah...

Allskate

Maelynn plus three of Blake's country dudes. I absolutely think that Maelynn deserves the win, but not sure if that will happen. Maybe the three Blake guys will split the Blake vote and she can sneak in? I'm guessing, though, that Gyth is going to win.

Jayar

Maelynn plus three of Blake's country dudes. I absolutely think that Maelynn deserves the win, but not sure if that will happen. Maybe the three Blake guys will split the Blake vote and she can sneak in? I'm guessing, though, that Gyth is going to win.

She won the night the past two weeks, so she could win. What I know for sure is that Adam and Blake need to take a season off to see if this worth continuing. Most people don't vote for the contestants. They vote for the coach first, then choose the contestants that they want to support within that team. This season was ridiculous. They barely got to sing the music that they wanted, and they get pigeonholed. Let them be who they are and let the coaches improve that.

Allskate

Have they said that Maelynn actually got the most votes? Views and downloads are not the same thing.

Part of the problem is that people vote for Blake. Part of it is that there are a lot of country fans who vote for country singers. Maybe they need to do a country version of The Voice and a non-country version.

shan

I was hoping that one of Blake's other contestants would have made the final 3 for the Instant Save tonight, only because that might have caused a split vote allowing Shawn Sounds or Rod Stokes to advance. Not that it matters because after next week the whole thing is over anyway. I'm sad because I think there were a few really good singers and we didn't get to see them over very many weeks.

taf2002

Speaking of Blake, what do you think of his new song? I thought it was kind of awful - stupid lyrics. I often think his songs have stupid or childish lyrics like "Honey Bee" does.

Reactions: Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information