Montreal chosen as host for 2020 figure skating world championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

skategal

Bunny mama
Yes, very high prices. Looks like the same type of end seat that cost about $700-$750 for Boston 2016 will be about $1000 in Montreal. :(

That’s the same amount of money though.

$$$ 700-750 USD = 1000 Canadian $$$

It looks to me that they based these prices off of Boston Worlds with maybe a slight increase. Because when you account for the exchange between USD and CD it is almost the same.

The issue is that no lower cost options (upper bowl) are available like there were for Boston.

Anyone remember how much individual tickets cost for Boston worlds?

Last edited:

skategal

Bunny mama
Claire's numbers include the conversion. My $700 seat in Boston is comparable to the $1365 CAD seats, or $1011 USD.

Actually, to be exact, my Boston row (13) in the comparable section is in the $1675 CAD range, or about $1240 in USD.

Ok I get it now. I thought she meant 1000 Canadian dollars for montreal tickets was alot more than 750 US dollars for the Boston tickets.

In that case, they are higher for sure.

I think they are allocated differently too?

I don`t remember the ends being cheaper in Boston, but I could be wrong.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
Ticket prices aren’t particularly surprising to me. I figured an all-event ticket in the lower bowl of the arena would be around $1,000 USD. Granted the seats closest to the ice are more expensive than that, but you don’t have to be in those first 3 or 6 rows for a good view. Lower bowl seats in P3 are around $1k USD and some lower bowl seating is even available for approximately $800 USD in P4. One minor complaint, as someone who is interested in *competition* and not the cheesy exhibitions, I prefer when organizers make it possible to purchase all-event tickets without the exhibition included. Doesn’t look like that’s an option here, at least based on the current information available.

I'm not that certain the price includes exhibitions. It seems only to mention competitions and competition practices.

All-event ticket packages will include all competitions, as well as competition practices (excluding gala practice).

skatesindreams

I'm having trouble locating/pricing accessible seating on the ends, as I prefer.
Could someone please help me "guesstimate"?

nathanfan

The exhibition was supposedly the most well-attended event at this year's Worlds, so perhaps they saw an opportunity to make even more money by selling separate tickets.

Lilia A

Well, it looks like I'll be watching from home. Taking a week off from work + housing + insane ticket prices = something I just can't afford.
Last minute individual ticket purchase might be an option, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

You know, I always wanted to visit Sweden. 2021 perhaps?

jtpc

A small thing in the big picture but when tickets go on sale, I hope we can select specific seats from a map like you sometimes can on Ticketmaster. When they automatically assign seats and you're looking at row 20, you never know if that's all that's left, or if they're just filling up one section before going to a much closer row for the same price in the section beside it.

Carolla5501

I was toying around with this, but honestly it's probably not going to happen. US Nationals is close to me which keeps the price way down so that's probably the 2020 big event

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm not that certain the price includes exhibitions. It seems only to mention competitions and competition practices.

All-event ticket packages will include all competitions, as well as competition practices (excluding gala practice).
That's how I interpreted it but after Aaron's post I went back to re-read and I think it's not clear at all. Usually when the Gala is not included, they say so and have an option to buy a gala ticket with your all-event ticket. I don't see that wording here.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
One "guess" I have heard about indivdual event tickets going on sale is September.

gatorinfl

A small thing in the big picture but when tickets go on sale, I hope we can select specific seats from a map like you sometimes can on Ticketmaster. When they automatically assign seats and you're looking at row 20, you never know if that's all that's left, or if they're just filling up one section before going to a much closer row for the same price in the section beside it.

If we are able to select seats (which I certainly hope at these prices) where would be best? Center, of course, but after that I’m thinking of the sections closer to kiss and cry? It’s been a very long time since I’ve attended a competition so I trust your all’s advice.

gatorinfl

No mention so far, but I really hope they have a payment plan option to pay in three (or even just two) installments.

AnnM

If we are able to select seats (which I certainly hope at these prices) where would be best? Center, of course, but after that I’m thinking of the sections closer to kiss and cry? It’s been a very long time since I’ve attended a competition so I trust your all’s advice.

It's really matter of personal preference. Some people like dead center on the judge's side. My preference is off center, near the K&C. I have friends who love the end seats.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I emailed to ask about the gala and received the following (and very swift) reply:

Thank you for your interest in the ISU World Figure Skating Championships ® 2020.
Yes, all event packages would include the gala (excludes the gala practice).

skategal

Bunny mama
I got a prompt but less than clear response back.... :shuffle:

Thank you for your interest in the ISU World Figure Skating Championships ® 2020.
All event tickets will go on sale on May 31, 2019, should the event not sell out there will be single event tickets released closer to the event date.
The 300 upper bowl may be released at a later date.

I'm not sure how the event will sell out when they are actually not releasing all the tickets on May 31st (not even all of the 200 level)...but whatever... :lol:

skatesindreams

Many thanks!

I've sent an e-mail and will let you know their response
Here is their reply:
Tania Beattie (Skate/Patinage Canada)
Apr 25, 14:28 EDT
Hello,
There will absolutely be accessible seating; however, we have not finalized the details as of yet. Further information regarding accessible seating will be available as we get closer to the ticket on sale.
Regards,
Tania Beattie - Skate Canada
I asked that she update me as details are finalized.

Choupette

Well, it looks like I'll be watching from home. Taking a week off from work + housing + insane ticket prices = something I just can't afford.
I wanted to go. I don't even need housing, but even then, that's crazy high. I'm not following skating as closely as a few years ago but still, I had always wanted to attend Worlds once in my life and figured this would be the best opportunity ever. I knew the tickets wouldn't be like 500$, but still... I'm afraid I've never been and will never be a big enough figure skating fan to attend Worlds, after all. :eek:

gatorinfl

I got a prompt but less than clear response back.... :shuffle:

All event tickets will go on sale on May 31, 2019, should the event not sell out there will be single event tickets released closer to the event date.
The 300 upper bowl may be released at a later date.

I'm not sure how the event will sell out when they are actually not releasing all the tickets on May 31st (not even all of the 200 level)...but whatever... :lol:
I really wonder about ticket sales at these prices. Skating in the U.S. has faded so much. The recent Stars on Ice closest to me (Fort Myers) had very poor sales and SOI sales in my cousin’s area (Providence) this weekend looks not very good. I know Canada has great fans and Grand Prix Final in Vancouver sold out fast, however. And the Japanese fans seem to travel everywhere.

FridaCat

Utah, USA
A small thing in the big picture but when tickets go on sale, I hope we can select specific seats from a map like you sometimes can on Ticketmaster. When they automatically assign seats and you're looking at row 20, you never know if that's all that's left, or if they're just filling up one section before going to a much closer row for the same price in the secti

Here's their reply regarding select-a-seat...

Hello,
When tickets go on sale on May 31, you will have the opportunity to select your seat.
Regards,
Tania Beattie

mocha-ice

https://seatgeek.com/venues/bell-centre/seating-chart

This is a fun reference to see the view from different sections. You can’t afaik adjust for different rows but it’s still cool.

Also just to note the 200 section is not connected to the 100s (there is a set of lodges in between) and you will have to take an escalator from the main floor. There may only be one I’m not sure as I’ve only ever sat in that section once (it’s a premium section during hockey games where the tickets include free food).

laviemn

Yikes at those prices. I was planning to go to Worlds for the first time specifically because this may be the last chance to see Papadakis/Cizeron compete on the same continent where I live, but I could spend a month in Europe and go to IdF or GPF for the same amount of money. I suppose the organizers are counting on Hanyu fans, but even they are like "For real?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information