2019 Eurovision - Before I Leave Let Me Show You Tel Aviv!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
I volunteer to be Slovenia, which was my favorite discovery on my recent trip to Europe. Seeing a poster for the 2019 "Hvala, ne!" tour wasn't really a highlight of being there, but it was amusing.

I still haven't listened to any of this year's entries, but I am provisionally rooting for Poland after a friend described their national selection.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I volunteer to be Slovenia, which was my favorite discovery on my recent trip to Europe. Seeing a poster for the 2019 "Hvala, ne!" tour wasn't really a highlight of being there, but it was amusing.

I still haven't listened to any of this year's entries, but I am provisionally rooting for Poland after a friend described their national selection.
Oh I love Poland, I'll root for them.
If we do the voting game again this year, I can be Albania (that way I can vote for Poland in the semi-final :D)

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Shall we do the FSU Eurovision contest? Shall we?
is it too early to pick our countries?

cyprus

Oh I love Poland, I'll root for them.
If we do the voting game again this year, I can be Albania (that way I can vote for Poland in the semi-final :D)
Iceland here! (If we do the voting, I know it is lots of work to @allezfred

I thought I was going to get away with it this year. :lol:

OK, get voting for the semis as there really isn't that much time left. If anyone else wants to take part let me know ASAP!

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Just watched Australia and please bow down to the quintessential Eurovision song and performance if there was one. Ausralia has finally understood what Eurovision is all about and I can't wait to see springy man in the background pop his eye out on Queen of the Night/Atlanna, queen of Atlantis spiky crystal tiara :glamor:

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Just watched Australia and please bow down to the quintessential Eurovision song and performance if there was one. Ausralia has finally understood what Eurovision is all about and I can't wait to see springy man in the background pop his eye out on Queen of the Night/Atlanna, queen of Atlantis spiky crystal tiara :glamor:
Agree with all this x 1000.

I love that the first YouTube comment is "I'm honestly afraid that the swinging person behind her will collide with the spikes on her crown."

I hope to be able to say that about an ice dance program in the near future.

ETA: Watching the semifinal one videos, I was thinking that everything is boring and uninspiring. Then came Australia, and I was like, Okay I can get on board with this. And then Iceland and Portugal took the WTF and amped it up to amazing levels. Those could wind up being my two favorite Eurovision performances ever.

Also, Estonia wins the annual Worst English Lyrics award with, "A storm like this can break a man like this." I'm not sure anything will ever be able to top "If you want to come to my house/ Click me with your mouse" though!

Last edited:

3T3T

Can I take Ireland? I don’t see us getting very far, which probably suits RTÉ fine, we are taking part but not a hope of winning. I think there is a lot of good songs this year. Personal favorites so far are Italy, Switzerland, Azerbaijan, Iceland, Norway and Poland. The Polish song is really growing on me. Nothing I really hate being honest. Also have a soft spot for San Marino, come on Serhat

Finnice

Oh geez how boring semi one is!!! San Marino at the end woke me up. And now I regret being Iceland - thier song is something different, I might have given 12 just for that. But I can vote this IRL.
So many totally unforgettable ballads...
Love the POL folk punks and AUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information