The Rise of the Trauma Essay in College Applications

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
See, now when I say this, it's "offensive"
Is it? To whom? Did someone actually use the word "offensive" or is that your interpretation?

Problems in social science research are well known and pretty much universally recognized by researchers.

On My Own

Is it? To whom? Did someone actually use the word "offensive" or is that your interpretation?
Funnily, to an engineer :lol: He felt I was being "too dismissive", when my point very much was that there are many considerations even within data collection that makes me take some of the things with a grain of salt. And yeah, IIRC, offensive was a word that was used, so not an interpretation.

On My Own

That's also true in hard science research, you know :shuffle:. Just not as much.
Well every research has unique considerations, I would say. As you said in another thread "scientists are still debating the common cold" (paraphrase) (eta: sorry turned out to be the black plague)

But anyway, I liked reading social science research, what I can understand anyway.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
It's not a trauma essay but apparently, there is a consultant who helps girls get pledged to sororities.

my little pony

polishing Madison Hubbell's OGM
an update on my god daughter, some of her acceptances are coming in and she got a very generous package from Sarah Lawrence which I think is the first choice so far, she did get a full scholarship to a local school which is a nice backup. thanks to everyone for all the advice.

DreamSkates

This is silly IMHO. So easy to cheat and or fabricate. Grades and test scores combined with references.
Yes and experiences showing you have contributed to others in your community in some way. Although some college admissions are highly competitive so they are looking for those who standout in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information