Carreira/Ponomarenko Need a Cheer Thread

Jammers

I feel like C/P could be like P/C and vault into the top ranks of ice dance teams in just one season. They are at about that age P/C were when they went from a team that finished 15th at Europeans the previous season to World champions the next. I don't expect the same thing to happen to C/P partly because there is way more depth now in ice dance but teams like H/B need to keep improving or they may find themselves looking up in the standings not just to C/P but M/C.

yurokis40

At this time they must be praying for trump to lose in 2020 sadly her citizenship issue hinges on that, I don't think they are the next p&c they still have tech issues they need to work on they were sort of given a gift at junior worlds last year with their sd mishap at the expense of lajoie and lagha.

Spiralgraph

I feel like C/P could be like P/C and vault into the top ranks of ice dance teams in just one season. They are at about that age P/C were when they went from a team that finished 15th at Europeans the previous season to World champions the next. I don't expect the same thing to happen to C/P partly because there is way more depth now in ice dance but teams like H/B need to keep improving or they may find themselves looking up in the standings not just to C/P but M/C.

The same could be said in reverse. C/P or M/C etc. may find themselves lower in the standings when new senior teams move up from juniors and other teams improve. It's all in your perspective.;)
C/P seem like smart and talented athletes who know that each and every team has to improve or else be surpassed by other teams. The USA dance scene is crowded enough already.

mollymgr

I hope they get their citizenship figured out at least by the next quad. It might be too late for 2022. I really hope they can skate for the US at a future Olympics.

Jammers

I am a big fan of theirs. I expect them to pass Hawayek & Baker soon.
I do too. Anthony is even starting to look a bit like Guillaume Cizeron. The key now is for Christina to catch up to Anthony just like Gabriella did to Cizeron which took them to another level in just one season. They are at about the same age P/C made their big move in 2014-15. Only problem is P/C had no competition nationally while C/P are skating for a country with the best depth by far in Ice Dance so they won't get as many chances at the big competitions until the older teams finally retire. I would love to see Christina get her citizenship and for them to pull a upset and make the 2022 Olympic team. S/S and C/B have both been on 2 Olympic teams i want to see some new blood. Heck Evan Bates has been to 3 Olympics.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Christina and Anthony are both doing AMAs on Instagram this morning. Between what the two of them are saying, it sounds like they haven't yet decided on their new RD, but they do know what their FD will be (she says it will be very different from what they've done before).

Sylvia

TBD
Posted on both of their IG accounts yesterday: "So excited to announce that our freedance this season will be Flamenco themed! We will skate to Farrucas, a live version of Malagueña by Benise, and an assortment of other songs!💃🏼"

Christina: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwfOAFXH1vY/
Anthony: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwfODl7ncmW/

They were invited to perform in CPA St-Eustache's 50th anniversary gala west of Montreal this past weekend: https://www.facebook.com/CPAStEustache/photos/a.1413736115305587/2436555076357014/?type=3&theater

Sylvia

TBD
There's a little bit about Christina & Anthony in this Fan Zone article (scroll down to section titled The Past is Just as Important as the Future): https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...-and-creative-choreography-in-off-season.aspx
Excerpt:
"In our free time, we watch old skating videos to find ideas for elements and transitions," Ponomarenko shares. "I'm very excited for our new free dance this year. It's very different from anything we've ever done. It's a lot of fun learning a new dance style and exploring different ideas."
He and Carreira will debut a flamenco number come fall. She announced on Instagram that they selected Farrucas music, including a live version of the song "Malagueña" by Benise. They've already begun working with coach Igor Shpilband and others on creative movement and character development. Off-ice, the partners take ballet and acting classes to learn transferable skills.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Congratulations to Christina on graduating!

mjb52

I was thinking the other day about an interview I remember with Klimova/Ponamorenko (or maybe just Klimova, not sure) when they were still competing (or maybe as pros?) and she was talking about their baby and how they could just sit around and watch him all day and now here he is all grown up, time flies!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
New FD!

I really like it! I can't wait to see how it progresses. At Lake Placid they were 2nd in the RD then second in the to end up 2nd overall behind Smart/Diaz. Really good (early) showing for them.

Well, I loves me some sleeves and I lurves me a long flowy dress.

I see many improvements. I am gonna uber soon.

Wonder how we get dabossman to agree with me @Jeschke

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information