it's time for the annual post-canadians pairs & dance splits! (2018-2019 season)

fan

Updated in red from publicly available information (IPS).

Senior Dance
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier
Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sorensen
Haley Sales / Nikolas Wamsteeker
Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus
Molly Lanaghan / Dmitre Razgulajevs
Gina Cipriano / Jake Richardson QC
Elysia-Marie Campbell / Philippe Granger split

Jr Dance
Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha
Alicia Fabbri / Paul Ayer QC
Natalie D Alessandro / Bruce Waddell
Ellie Fisher / Simon-Pierre Malette-Paquette
Yuka Orihara / Lee Royer BC/YK
Emmy Bronsard / Aissa Bouaraguia
Irina Galiyanova / Grayson Lochhead
Olivia McIsaac / Corey Circelli
Miku Makita / Tyler Gunara BC/YK
Nadiia Bashynska / Peter Beaumont
Jessica Li / Jacob Richmond
Jessica-Lee Behiel / Jackson Behiel
Colleen Tordoff / Vladimir Tchernov split
Erin Gillies / Joshua Tarry ON
Sophia O Brien-Doerksen / Kyle Pearson AB/NT/NU split
Ashylnne Stairs / Elliott Graham ON

Novice Dance
Sophia Kagolovskaya / Kieran MacDonald
Kiera Kam / Mathew Carter BC/YK
Isabel McQuilkin / Jacob Portz A
Sydney Embro / Eric Millar ON 1
Aya Hammond / Michael Barsoum
Mia Saunders / William Oddson
Angela Ling / Quinn Bisson
Victoria Verrelli / Émile Couture QC
Alyssa Robinson / Josh Andari ON
Mychala Collier / Mackenzie Mah
Rosalie Groulx / Ye Quan
Juliette Shadid / Lucas Shadid AB/NT/NU
Erica Estepa / Nolen Hickey
Jordyn Lewis / Noah McMillan
Josée-Anne Lavoie / William Jalbert QC

fan

Sr Pairs

Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro
Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud
Camille Ruest / Drew Wolfe
Lori-Ann Matte / Thierry Ferland
Justine Brasseur / Mark Bardei
Mariah Mccaw / Steven Adcock

Jr Pairs
Chloe Choinard / Mathieu Ostiguy
Brooke McIntosh / Brandon Toste
Gabrielle Levesque / Pier-Alexandre Hudon
Chloe Panetta / Benjamin Mimar
Marin Ono / Matthew den Boer
Giuliana Corsini / Zachary Daleman
Olivia Boys-Eddy / Mackenzie Boys-Eddy
Patricia Andrew / Paxton Fletcher
Camille Perreault / Bryan Pierro

Novice Pairs
Kelly Ann Laurin / Loucas Éthier
Jamie Fournier / Gabriel Farand
Mackenzie Ripley / Owen Brawley
Shallen Bear / Marty Haubrich
Clémence Vallieres / Samir Andjorin
Caidence Derenisky / Raine Eberl
Olivia Petrovic / Alexandre Roy
Asha Gumpinger / Josh Brauner Split
Sophielle Plante / David Riccio
Lauren Proskurniak / Andrew Sernecky AB/

Vase

I think junior pair will have the most changes. I do like a lot of the junior dance teams, can’t wait to see their growth this season.

Vase

Noooooo.....I was so looking forward to watching this team develop

Amazing how hard it is to get a team to develop into something special. So many had much hope for B/B and if true, in a blink of an eye they are done.
I really hope SC puts a lot into rounding up all the up and coming ‘pair kids’

yfbg722

I really hope SC puts a lot into rounding up all the up and coming ‘pair kids’

Skate Canada doesn't really have a lot to do with either the formation or dissolution of teams. It's really up to the skaters and their families and coaches. In my daughter's case she found her own first partner on Ice Partner Search.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Skate Canada doesn't really have a lot to do with either the formation or dissolution of teams. It's really up to the skaters and their families and coaches. In my daughter's case she found her own first partner on Ice Partner Search.

Your daughter was a lovely skater and I was sorry when she stopped. I hope she’s doing well. :)

yfbg722

Your daughter was a lovely skater and I was sorry when she stopped. I hope she’s doing well. :)
Thank you for the kind words. She's currently completing a masters degree in public administration and very happy. Some things never change though. She messaged me Friday to say she was skating at the city hall outdoor rink and I should log onto the live cam to watch. I tuned in just in time to see her do a double jump :)

Rafter

Hmmmm, somebody has to say it. Could we see Bardei and Seguin?

I have no idea and no information, this is pure speculation.

Not sure about this idea. They’d be a physical mismatch.

How about Chloe Choinard and Mark Bardei? She’s improved leaps and bounds and Ostiguy is not tall enough for her IMO.

Vase

Not sure about this idea. They’d be a physical mismatch.

How about Chloe Choinard and Mark Bardei? She’s improved leaps and bounds and Ostiguy is not tall enough for her IMO.

I agree, Choinard appears to big for him, but I do think Ostiguy has strong pair qualities, just needs a petite girl.
I’d like to see Bardei with someone who has performance.

Rafter

I agree, Choinard appears to big for him, but I do think Ostiguy has strong pair qualities, just needs a petite girl.
I’d like to see Bardei with someone who has performance.

Choinard has performance skills. And she’s only 16 or so. I rewatched her and Ostiguy from Canadians and there’s not enough height difference. The 2twist was weak and one lift was iffy. Ostiguy should skate with Seguin.

blue_idealist

Choinard has performance skills. And she’s only 16 or so. I rewatched her and Ostiguy from Canadians and there’s not enough height difference. The 2twist was weak and one lift was iffy. Ostiguy should skate with Seguin.

Yeah, S/O would make sense, especially since they're dating, I think.

Sk8mom123

I agree Choinard has come a long way in her performance over the last season. I think she has great potential. Ostiguy and Seguin would be a nice match.

Rock2

SC High Performance could think differently about its role.
Right now it pretty much only gets involved once you're already good and have achieved something. Many successful skating countries (RUS, CHN, JPN) identify young talent and find ways to get them coaching and resources to incubate successful international athletes.

I realize that takes money and people, but if you have an amazing 12 year old boy in Regina, SK or Fredericton, NB and no coaches there to find him a partner or develop his pair skills, what happens? He quits the sport. I wonder how many situations like that happen across disciplines, resulting in major lost opportunities for the country.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
What's up with the rumored Brasseur/Bardei split? Brasseur seems to have a lot of poor luck with partners.

insideedgeua

What's up with the rumored Brasseur/Bardei split? Brasseur seems to have a lot of poor luck with partners.

I don’t have the answer to your question. I did however see how Bardei treated his previous partner, Renata, at Lombardia Trophy in 2014. I was completely unimpressed. #notafan

Rafter

I don’t have the answer to your question. I did however see how Bardei treated his previous partner, Renata, at Lombardia Trophy in 2014. I was completely unimpressed. #notafan

Not sure what happened maybe it was a David Pelletier style meltdown but that was 5 years ago. He would have been 16 or 17.

Rafter

I agree Choinard has come a long way in her performance over the last season. I think she has great potential. Ostiguy and Seguin would be a nice match.

Seguin/Ostiguy have similar builds and are both short so I actually think they’d be a good match.

Choinard needs a taller, leaner partner. Someone like Bardei!

skategal

Bunny mama
I think she’d be too tall for him. Part of the reason Gauthier and Marcotte worked on getting Bardei over here is he was very tall and she needed a tall partner.

According to their bios, Justine is only 5 foot 1 inch. Charlie is 5 foot 11 inches, and Lubov is 5 feet.

Not that I think she would be good with Charlie, but a ten inch difference in height should be good?

Vase

According to their bios, Justine is only 5 foot 1 inch. Charlie is 5 foot 11 inches, and Lubov is 5 feet.

Not that I think she would be good with Charlie, but a ten inch difference in height should be good?
Justine is taller then 5’1 our young junior pair girls are just under that size and she has a few inches on them, for sure.

Rafter

No doubt that bio is way out of date. Maybe she was that tall when she skated with Ostiguy but she ended up growing taller hence the reason they had to split up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information