Papadakis/Cizeron #8 - Oh Lover Hold On

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I love this type of hairstyle and I think she looks gorgeous in any of the braids she's worn. :)
Her hairstyle during the FD at Euro was perfect, those three braids and floaty hair suit the mood of the dance so well. As I rewatch this FD, I just love it. I was not sure at all at the beginning of the season but the second half of the program and especially the character step sequence, they just own that sequence for me it is the best use of this new choreographic opportunity out of every team this season by far, by very far. I was also surprised by their 1 foot step sequence because I just don't like this at all. Most of the time it looks forced, has nothing to do with the music and really feel like they're doing a figure exercise like "please would you draw an eight on the ice". But theirs is so well integrated, plus it has so much amplitude with that loop to die for, so much so it was one of the rare instance the audience at Euro applauded a one step sequence.

barbarafan

The eurosport commentators still have not learned how to pronounce his name, its been five years.
I cringe when I hear it...His proper name sounds so distinguished and the way he says it makes it sound like a cartoon character.

sharsk8s

such a reminder of what a fluke that costume malfunction was at the olympics. they've been performing this exhibition since last season in this same dress and it manages to stay on every time. the skate gods are cruel, truly :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed
I think it is a different top than at the olympics, or at least a reenforced version. I give Gabi credit for wearing the top at worlds and continuing to perform this program. They clearly like the program and are not letting one off performance take away from that.

MIsty Blades/Skate Mom

Banned Member
I love this pair, especially him. Not only are the costumes stunning, so is he!
I wish he would have a costume malfunction. I would love to see more of him ;)

Can we talk about how multitalented they both are, especially Guillaume. I know he always designs both their costumes and no matter what they always come out looking stunning, they are consistently well dressed (since they broke out onto the scene in 2015). Guillaume also choreographed a program (Vanessa and Morgans SP) which won euros. They are both true artists and athletes. Just wow!

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
The eurosport commentators still have not learned how to pronounce his name, its been five years.
It's more a matter of wrong surname than a mispronounciation since, if I remember well, "Guilhem" is also a French name, but a very old one ;) And it's much easier to pronounce for English native speakers than Guillaume. It doesn't mean they can't try and learn though !

Miloune

It's more a matter of wrong surname than a mispronounciation since, if I remember well, "Guilhem" is also a French name, but a very old one ;) And it's much easier to pronounce for English native speakers than Guillaume. It doesn't mean they can't try and learn though !

I had a classmate called Guilhem in high school, he was always pissed when people pronounced it like Guillaume, i.e with the "double L" sound. :rofl: Anyway we corrected ourselves of course...

GreenGan

It's not a very old name, several people of 50 years old or less I know are named Guilhem ! (Including my dad :p). It's more frequent in the South of France (mostly l'Occitanie) but it's not "very old" at all xD. And the pronounciation of it is very different if you have an accent from the north or the south of France.

Anyway, I don't really care if the Brit pronounce GUillaume's name the wrong way. I like to hear this accent :D

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight

Guillaume (or something close enough to it) is not difficult for native English speakers to pronounce! :lol:

Orm Irian

And then there's the Welsh version of the name, which is Gwilym - probably the closest to the pronunciation the Eurosport guys used most often, even though none of them is Welsh!

sharsk8s

I get that there are many pronunciations but come on, they have been one of the top ice dance teams for 5 years. The announcers at comps usually pronounce it right, can't the commentator just listen to them? Like I understood when they were a new team. Anyways at this point I just think its funny more than anything.

sharsk8s

Doesn’t Tanith pronounce Gabi’s name weirdly too, her last.
I have to go check but the cbc commentators also pronounce it odd. At some point they said Gabrielle Papadaykis (I think 2016 worlds). I honestly find it funny how poorly some of the commentators pronounce their names

chantilly

I haven’t heard them say it that way.
Possibly once by mistake.
And Carol’s accent sometimes makes things sound differently.
I m ow she says Donohoe instead of Donohue, which I know is a British pronounciation.

bcash

I was at a concert the other day and kind of relived two of Kwan's old programs, Salome (Strauss) and The Miraculous Mandarin (Bartok). Wouldn't it be interesting if P/C tries a modernist orchestral suite? (More dance-able than Miraculous Mandarin but more edgy than Salome was what I was thinking.)

cholla

Guillaume (or something close enough to it) is not difficult for native English speakers to pronounce! :lol:
My US family can't get it right though, it always ends up with something like Gilome or Guy-aume or Gouillaume :p

nuge

Well Nicky Slater can't tell the skaters apart.He has them skating with themselves.Remember Tanith /Belbin :rofl:
I've mentioned it in the past but it always makes me chuckle :lol:
Also the first time V/M came on the scene he said Scott Moir as in Mwah :lol:

sharsk8s

Well Nicky Slater can't tell the skaters apart.He has them skating with themselves.Remember Tanith /Belbin :rofl:
I've mentioned it in the past but it always makes me chuckle :lol:
Also the first time V/M came on the scene he said Scott Moir as in Mwah :lol:
Yeah at some point we had gabriella/gabi skating together, I will try to find the link bc it was so funny

cholla

I'm just waiting for British Eurosport to call him Gollum one of these days.
:rofl::rofl: O the ignominy ! I remember, a looooong time ago, when they were still juniors I think, a reporter from my local (French) TV called them "Gabriella Papakadis and Guillaume Cicéron" [Cicero]. At least, they weren't famous at the time so she had excuses...

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
This account has been uploading a lot of their fluff pieces. It's the only place I've seen the NBC piece where they dance in the streets of Montreal.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LOVEMAO11
Very nice, I hadn't seen the one in the streets of Montreal but it has been cut before the end. I love when the cameraman is on the ice following the skaters, it gives a true sense of the speed and the difficulty to execute any of their moves at that speed. P/C making it always so easy, you just don't fully comprehend sometimes.

sharsk8s

That same account posted a bunch of fluff pieces in french that I have never seen. There are a bunch with gui and his parents and you seem some cool old pictures. Others showed them at comps, on the ice, at home, working out, etc. I would recommend watching them, it was really interesting (even if you don't understand what they are saying like me)

sharsk8s

These videos are true treasure. I love the video on the cup of china 2014, gui's father explain their complicity as partners: they never fight and never accuse each other for a fall, they always said "we falled". It's :saint:
One of my favorite things about them is how unproblematic their partnership is. We never hear about them fighting and there is never any drama between them. They both just seem like great friends who support eachother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information