Sin/Kats Really Need a Cheer Right Now!

Tak

So Im going to give it to them. I couldn't find their old thread, so here's a new one.

BEST WISHED GUYS FROM ME TO YOU!!!

Cheer up! These things happen. FORGET ABOUT IT! Just relax, deep breaths, and go out there and deliver a great FD.

Im still rooting for you. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Bigbird

Today was just tough, really tough. Thought Karpanosov and Zhulin would go into cardiac arrest, Durnev on the other hand wasn't in the least bit moved. But I expect to see a redemption skate tomorrow.

Eisfee

Still disappointed about the twizzle desaster yesterday. They were so good all season long and their tango is one of the best this year, IMO. It's a pity!

But now all the best wishes for their FD!! I hope they skate with their whole heart and soul, without mistakes!!

Go Sinkats!!:cheer2: #kopfhochundlosgehts

Eisfee

I was nervous as hell!!
But they did it!! Congratulations!!
To bad about the twizzels yesterday!
They could have had the Bronze medal!
But now work, work and then off to Japan!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

muffinplus

So there was an interview with them where Vika said they are not a couple off ice? I don't recall it

DobrinFan

So there was an interview with them where Vika said they are not a couple off ice? I don't recall it

When was this? I post all their interviews on Goldenskate. Last interview I have was a few months back and they were. Not that it matters to me.

muffinplus

When was this? I post all their interviews on Goldenskate. Last interview I have was a few months back and they were. Not that it matters to me.

@Kateri mentioned this in the Euros FD thread which surprised me because I don't remember that

In a recent interview, she claimed everyone had the wrong idea, and they were not, and never had been, romantically involved. You are free to disbelieve her, of course.

Kateri

void beast
@Kateri mentioned this in the Euros FD thread which surprised me because I don't remember that
Sorry, I can't find it, so if you have evidence to the contrary, I probably misremembered! All I found was one where she said she didn't break up w/ Z because she was in love with Nikita. But yeah, ignore me, sorry to stir drama!

NAOTMAA

The extended dance lift penalty cost them 2nd in the free dance. I don't remember the details from all the competitions but hasn't the timing on that particular lift been on the edge all season long?

Either way a great comeback after the RD! Now they just got to put this behind them and prepare for Worlds. Hopefully they will end the season as Russia #1 :cheer2:

DobrinFan

Sorry, I can't find it, so if you have evidence to the contrary, I probably misremembered! All I found was one where she said she didn't break up w/ Z because she was in love with Nikita. But yeah, ignore me, sorry to stir drama!

No drama. Like I posted earlier, I could care less if they are dating. I prefer my favorite couples to not be involved with one another but if they are, they are and at the end of the day, it's none of my business.

DobrinFan

The extended dance lift penalty cost them 2nd in the free dance. I don't remember the details from all the competitions but hasn't the timing on that particular lift been on the edge all season long?

Either way a great comeback after the RD! Now they just got to put this behind them and prepare for Worlds. Hopefully they will end the season as Russia #1 :cheer2:

I believe it's the timing of their lift in the RD. That lift has cost them twice already. They would have literally been breathing down Maddy/Zach's neck at GPF if not for that level 2 lift. I don't recall deductions in the FD.

NAOTMAA

I believe it's the timing of their lift in the RD. That lift has cost them twice already. They would have literally been breathing down Maddy/Zach's neck at GPF if not for that level 2 lift. I don't recall deductions in the FD.

According to the protocals they had a 1.00 deduction for an extended dance lift. It was the 7th element in the program (RoLi4?)

DobrinFan

According to the protocals they had a 1.00 deduction for an extended dance lift. It was the 7th element in the program (RoLi4?)

Yeah here, sure. One lift seemed long (the 2nd to last one) but I can't recall any from their previous outings :lol: They still would have been third although their TES did drop from 69+ pts. I'm happy it even got that high :lol:

Kateri

void beast
No drama. Like I posted earlier, I could care less if they are dating. I prefer my favorite couples to not be involved with one another but if they are, they are and at the end of the day, it's none of my business.
Sorry, it's just that when I couldn't find the article, I started having a panic attack that I'd accidentally started a rumour that would become a new FSU drama-fest I'd get the blame for! :drama: :yikes:

(Though @PRlady remembers the same romantic denials as me, so I don't know! aaaaa! :rollin: )

Katha

The sad thing is...it wasn't even surprising that it happened, was it? Sigh.

IMO this has also reached a stage where I don't really know what else can be done. The tech issues on the twizzles seem gone, injuries have been dealt with. They're in top condition and well prepared. Being a perennial headcase is something that skaters overcome rarely. What's left is the hope that there will be enough big comps in the future where he can keep it together.

Like, because they knew that they could win a medal...nerves. After the trainwreck in the RD, it was totally predictable that they'd skate well. The pressure was gone. Oh well. I guess the good news is that even with that horror tech panel with Dostatni, their tech and levels largely held up in the FD.

I had the same feeling today in the Men's LP with Kolyada. He was leading with so many points, he just needed to grab his chance and take that gold medal. One look into his face before his performance told the whole story. I'm no skater, so I don't know if this is something you can learn. Probably not, looking at the long line of talented, but inconsistent skaters throughout the years...

mjb52

I think you're right that maybe two things are being conflated - that the saying they're not dating is about when they first started skating together. I know I personally assumed they got together as a pair b/c they were dating but I remember seeing somewhere where Sinitsina said that wasn't the case and that when they first started skating each other they didn't really know each other that well but a year later they could communicate just by looking at each other (or something of that sort). I do get the impression that they're dating now but of course that's their business one way or the other.

One thing I did find interesting a little bit back when I was reading about a bunch of skating stuff and ended up reading the I think it was goldenskate forum thread on the I/K break-up is that it seemed to me that people didn't really blame him that much when it first happened - it was as the RusFed seemed to be pressuring him to stick it out with Ilinykh and so the break-up dragged on and on before the new partnerships were confirmed that the resentment toward Nikita seemed to start to develop. I definitely remember that I personally at the time sort of hoped the RusFed could get K & I to stay together but with hindsight it might have been better for everyone involved if there had been a quick clean break right away so both K and I could start moving on immediately.

Tak

What I want to know is, how do you develop the talent P/C has? Neither S/K or S/B have it no Russian pair coming up looks to be taking that trajectory. I recall practically all their dancers bar none start out as single skaters. Haven't all the greatest greatest dance pairs worked on their connection from infancy? What needs to happen for Russia to create the K/P's, U/Z's and G/P's of tomorrow? Sorry I hijacked this thread. I am glad S/K pulled themselves together today but I don't see that it quality in them. G/F are on the cusp of it, S/B have it even though I hate her skating skills terribly.

Well, this is a c h e e r ! ! ! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: thread, so maybe better to ask your question in the general dance thread, but really this is so subjective that everyone is going to see things differently.

What exactly do you mean by talent? If you mean that mesmerising quality P/C have to make you watch them no matter what music they skate to, to create a special world when they skate together and hold you in it's spell, well, IMO, S/K are halfway there already. Which is amazing when you consider how long they've been skating together. I think this is only their 5th [?] season together?

It does take time to forge that kind of connection between 2 people, and that they are starting to come together in that way after such a comparative short time skating together says a lot for their talent. I can only see them getting better with each season and come the next Olympics, who knows? I wouldn't bet on anything right now.

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE FD!!! Im glad you did so well, and Im glad the judges are on your side. Forget about this competition, and look forward to Worlds!!!!

You can be a :kickass: dance team - remember that! There are many people :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for you!

mjb52

I wonder if they just need a piece of slow powerful music. They keep getting admired for their skating skills and speed but criticized for a frenetic quality. I know Zhulin wanted them to do something light and airy this year to (in theory) calm things down so Nikita wouldn't have twizzle problems because of too much power/passion and I like this program but the legendary programs tend to have a slightly different feel, I'm thinking of a Bolero sort of thing or Liebestraum (biased by my own favorites I guess!). I think the right piece of music could be the thing that helps them make that final leap in status.

I'm glad they had a good comeback in the free and wish them the best at Worlds!

caseyedwards

Same old same old!! My wish is for katsalapov to go to some major ice dancer like Charlie White and learn to twizzle

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information