Double Euler.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
With all the talk about a certain jump linking triple jumps in sequence, who knew there was such a thing as a Double Euler.

Special thanks to @floskate for this amazing find.

https://youtu.be/kqiVsys_tLU?t=239

This is a joke so don’t kill me, but I’m pretty sure I saw some unintentional (almost) triple Eulers in Slutskaya’s 3/3 attempts in the early 2000’s. :)

Foolhardy Ham Lint

This is a joke so don’t kill me, but I’m pretty sure I saw some unintentional (almost) triple Eulers in Slutskaya’s 3/3 attempts in the early 2000’s. :)

Given how they were known for their toe axels, maybe the ISU should think about bringing in a Double Lipinski or a Double Corwin.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I think someone in the 80s did a one foot double Salchow immediate Salchow jump.

Brian Pockar, maybe? Or perhaps Orser?

I always wanted Ashley Wagner to a try and make a 1 foot double salchow triple flip combination happen.

skateboy

Just chiming in to say I used to do a double back inside loop in my (roller) free programs. (I'd forgotten about it until I saw this thread!)

gkelly

I want to see double walley and double inside axel added to the Scale of Values!

Might as well also add values for the triples, although it would probably take years before anyone masters them.

The singles could remain unlisted transitions. Of course, if someone planned a double and ended up singling, that would mean no points for them. But if done as solo jumps, could they then not fill a jump slot?

kittysk8ts

I want to see double walley and double inside axel added to the Scale of Values!

Might as well also add values for the triples, although it would probably take years before anyone masters them.

The singles could remain unlisted transitions. Of course, if someone planned a double and ended up singling, that would mean no points for them. But if done as solo jumps, could they then not fill a jump slot?
I would be into this. A double walley is just so crazy hard to do (let alone a triple!!!) and there should be more value and opportunity to present such a skill in competition. I miss the variation in jump sequences also. Was just watching an old Gordeeva/Grinkov vid and they did a jump sequence which included the 1A landed on the inside edge, which is so visually interesting.

Vagabond

Now, I'm wondering if a double or triple walley is possible.
Douglas Ramsey opened his Free Skate at U.S. Nationals in 1961 with a walley + reverse walley + double walley sequence. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_4EpkK9Q2E He was also the only man at that competition to do a triple jump. Unfortunately, he died at the age of sixteen in the Sabena crash. :(

And here is Brendan Kerry doing a double walley-half loop-3flip-3toe combination in practice: https://www.instagram.com/p/vzE22OGTMi/:cool:

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

I don’t see the joke here. You are just accusing a great skater of doing something she did not do.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I don’t see the joke here. You are just accusing a great skater of doing something she did not do.

A) I was a huge Slutskaya fan
B) She was sometimes landing her 3+3 attempts either on two feet or on what seemed to be the wrong foot because it was way underrotated
C) I said ‘unintentionally’ and I’m not accusing her of anything awful
D) Hope your day goes better.

Red Hot Chili Keegan

Banned Member
I can remember Keegan Murphy, a Canadian skater from a few years ago doing a triple walley just messing around at a seminar. We were all pretty impressed!

I was going to ask about where this video is of Keegan, but now I see that there is another Canadian Keegan M. So confusing!! Since this one is not originally American, I'm not sure how much of a fan of him I will be.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I was going to ask about where this video is of Keegan, but now I see that there is another Canadian Keegan M. So confusing!! Since this one is not originally American, I'm not sure how much of a fan of him I will be.

I can remember Keegan Murphy, a Canadian skater from a few years ago doing a triple walley just messing around at a seminar. We were all pretty impressed!

Murphy was Messing around? Not as Konfusing as a Kolleague also named Keegan who works for Kogan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information