• Konstantinova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sakamoto

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Tennell

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • A Canadian lady

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Nobody. Zagitova is the only one who can beat her.

Votes: 9 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
This thread was started before Kihira's NHK performance.

No, it wasn’t. You started this thread on 17 November.

The 2018 NHK Trophy is the 4th event of six in the 2018–19 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating, a senior-level international invitational competition series. It was held in Hiroshima on November 9–11.

Again, that five minutes on YouTube would have really helped you. ;)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
No, it wasn’t. You started this thread on 17 November.

Again, that five minutes on YouTube would have really helped you. ;)

It was not worth my time. I had urgent and important things to do before I left town, and I did include Kihira in the poll, in case you did not notice. I missed the French GP completely, and did not have the time to watch anything after I returned because I had just one full day to get ready to go to Vancouver, and take care of urgent matters.

Please dont assume that I have no life outside of watching figure skating,

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Like starting a poll here and then replying to people to say how you were too busy to watch a skater they suggested you watch. :rofl:

I set the priorities for myself. I decide which skaters I want to watch and when.
This season there are numerous skarers I have still not watched on yt. That includes even Shoma Uno who I like. It is not that important to me. I decide what I should do, not other fsu posters.

Fiero425

Checking the GP Final, I guess Kihira must have hit her 3-Axil since she's ahead after the short program! Must be embarrassing to some men who still blow it; with or without the 3 Toe she adds to hers! Nathan Chen in 1st as well over UNO for the men! :rolleyes::COP::judge::plush::shizuka1:

Last edited:

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Trusova and Kostornaia are going senior next year no matter what happens at worlds. Probably Scherbakova too.
Will they stay on the JGP to get more points then go senior at Nationals, or will they go senior immediately?

MRani

Will they stay on the JGP to get more points then go senior at Nationals, or will they go senior immediately?

I think immediately. The only one I could see them maybe keeping on the JGP another season is Shcherbakova, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if all 3 went senior right away.

Meoima

I think immediately. The only one I could see them maybe keeping on the JGP another season is Shcherbakova, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if all 3 went senior right away.
They might keep one in junior.

Amantide

It is pretty funny people are even considering Satoka. Satoka would never get the scores needed to beat Zagitova unless she really bombs ala worlds last year. Zagitova has higher base value, much higher GOE, and rightly or wrongly gets higher PCS too. Medvedeva even with her awful start to this season and problems now has a much better shot than Satoka of beating Zagitova, unless since if she skates cleanly or close to cleanly she is a much bigger threat to Zagitova than Miyahara ever could be.

Because Satoko is a beautiful skater. She has the best SS, interpretation and programs. Her weak points are the small jumps, compared to others, but more importantly the Ur calls.
Sometimes though she gets away with it or does well. So, it all depends on that. Granted, it is a big factor but I still consider her as a strong contender overall.

VGThuy

Andddddd we have our answer.

The GPF perfectly answered this question. Alina who singled a jump, committed some URs (but were not called) was able to beat a cleanish everyone else in the GPF (Miyahara, Tuk, Kaori, Sofia) except Rika. No need to think it'd be different for anyone else except maybe Med, but she's having her own issues. It really is about doing the math. Also, I'm surprised the judges were this quick to bridge the PCS gap between Alina and Rika.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I'm surprised the judges were this quick to bridge the PCS gap between Alina and Rika.

Ive been wanting to say for a while now..Im Not!!!! Rika moves so elequently and so artistic. When I watch Alina she moves so frantically and quickly that to me, her movements have no meaning... She skates too quickly and frantically.

Rika, who is new for me this year, is a master technician and an artist. Takes her time to express her movement which to me, gives it meaning.

I totally understand why her PCS is where it is!

Anyway, at the way ladies figure skating is these days is like a Master Class in Project Runway - One Day you're in, the next day out.

Its like thanks for playing ladies. Nice knowing you Rika. Now, unleash The Trusovaaaaaa!!!!

Finsta

Alina was hurt. She tripped and hurt her foot. I predict An unhurt Alina wins Worlds.

Madison25

Alina was hurt. She tripped and hurt her foot. I predict An unhurt Alina wins Worlds.
I don't know why some people want to make Zagitova the victim of the century.
If the incident really happened, I'm sure it was really a minor one, with no impact with the actual skating.
Her fans should take it as it was: Rika was better this time and won (no excuses for Zagitova)

Finsta

I don't know why some people want to make Zagitova the victim of the century.
If the incident really happened, I'm sure it was really a minor one, with no impact with the actual skating.
Her fans should take it as it was: Rika was better this time and won (no excuses for Zagitova)

She was/must still be very hurt according to her camp. She almost withdrew. This was told to the commentators. No excuses. An unhurt Alina will still beat a clean Kihara. It’s serious if she was going to withdrew from event. Will wait to see if she did damage to foot by this trip.

Polaris

She was/must still be very hurt according to her camp. She almost withdrew. This was told to the commentators. No excuses. An unhurt Alina will still beat a clean Kihara. It’s serious if she was going to withdrew from event. Will wait to see if she did damage to foot by this trip.

Nope. Clean Zagitova will lose to clean Kihira. Kihara has higher TES and judges have shown that they're willing to give her similar PCS now too.

Keep trying.

Madison25

Even with the mistake on the first Axel and Alina making the first combo, Rika would have won this competition. It is true that the difference would have been very small, less than a point, but still... Rika would have won.
We will see what is happening next. I expect Alina to win without problem the European Championship and at Worlds anything can happen, inclusive other than Rika/Alina to win.
Kogan said that the injury is not major, doesn t have an impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information