News and updates à la Française, part trois

Enchanted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BczWSsZzYug

Really exciting- I interviewed Kevin Aymoz ahead of Skate Canada this weekend. He talks about how he became a figure skater, moving to the US, his preparation for the season, the response from his programs, and some of his favorite things. This is his very first English language interview. Enjoy!

I’ll repost this interview here. Aymoz sounds like a fun guy. :)

ChiquitaBanana

Lots of ‘brouhaha’ about Vincent Restencourt in the Gracie Gold thread... Anyone knows about allegations while he was coaching in France? Legal matters?

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Very sad news for French Ice Dance Corentin Rahier decided to quit skating and focus on his engineering studies. Here is his instagram post. And this is their very nice Coco Channel FD for those who didn't know them. I thought they were very promising. Of course I wish him all the best, it is hard to make your way through such an expensive discipline. Still gutted though.
Apparently Natacha wishes to continue and go on as a senior looking for a new partner per her instagram.

Last edited:

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Lots of ‘brouhaha’ about Vincent Restencourt in the Gracie Gold thread... Anyone knows about allegations while he was coaching in France? Legal matters?
Not that I ever heard of. (But I certainly don't know everything about everyone) Anyway, as I explained in the Gracie Gold thread, French records are not public and you can't access them unless you are a lawyer (or a potential employer) and have a valid reason to ask. You can make a request in writing only. For instance, in France there is nothing like in the US where you can get the details of someone's sentence, counts of indictments, dates of auditions and precise reasons for the sentencing. Recently it costed me a meager $ 4.95 to know why someone I knew virtually from an Internet forum about dog-sledding was sentenced. In France there is nothing like this. I assume that's linked to the laws regarding "protection de la vie privée" (protection of your private life).

TSL has no way to access French records (except if they are themselves suing him for the same case and even in this instance, discussing publically the details of a case is illegal before and while the courts auditions are being held, you can go public only after the sentence is made) and if Vincent Restencourt had been convicted of anything illegal in the US, I assume he'd either be expelled from the country if he holds a green card or in jail if he's become a US citizen. TSL should be extra careful. I'm not saying all this is true or untrue, just that nobody in the general public can access someone else's legal records in France. So that's not how Dave Lease's allegations can be backed up.

Last edited:

Moustaffask8r

Very sad news for French Ice Dance Corentin Rahier decided to quit skating and focus on his engineering studies. Here is his instagram post. And this is their very nice Coco Channel FD for those who didn't know them. I thought they were very promising. Of course I wish him all the best, it is hard to make your way through such an expensive discipline. Still gutted though.
Apparently Natacha wishes to continue and go on as a senior looking for a new partner per her instagram.
Oh no!!!!

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
TSL has no way to access French records (except if they are themselves suing him for the same case and even in this instance, discussing publically the details of a case is illegal before and while the courts auditions are being held, you can go public only after the sentence is made) and if Vincent Restencourt had been convicted of anything illegal in the US, I assume he'd either be expelled from the country if he holds a green card or in jail if he's become a US citizen. TSL should be extra careful. I'm not saying all this is true or untrue, just that nobody in the general public can access someone else's legal records in France. So that's not how Dave Lease's allegations can be backed up.

More over, if you're an employer, you can only ask if the person is "adequate" for a position. You won't be able to have more than a "Yes" or "No" when you ask. When it's a No, you can't do anything. You have to ask the person to request his own records and let you have a peak. That is if he lets you have a peak.
There is no way for TSL to even hint there are proofs. Had he been convicted, I am sure it would have made a lot of noise in the rinks considering the Beyer story.

Moustaffask8r

I wish he would!;)
Two huge talents ...
Yes of course, you can go behind your partner's back, ask another guy to skate with you !
With talent who needs class or manners!
I stand by Corenthin, bright young and talented guy, lot's of class and wish him best of luck in his future.
Really sad to see him go, world of skating needs more Corenthin!

kirkbiggestfan

Yes of course, you can go behind your partner's back, ask another guy to skate with you !
I stand by Corenthin, bright young and talented guy, lot's of class and wish him best of luck in his future.
Corentin has a younger brother or two? Still ice dancing?

Lara111

Manners in ice dancing? They do not exist for the most parts.

Peepsquick

It was of course meant as a joke ...

shah

Shhh... shhh...
Corentin, my favourite diva in the making :wuzrobbed...

Btw, how ironic that out of so many skaters it was he and Abachkina to have retired within just one month!

Peepsquick

Corentin, my favourite diva in the making :wuzrobbed...

Btw, how ironic that out of so many skaters it was he and Abachkina to have retired within just one month!

Absolutely mind boggling! Do you understand what happened between Corentin and Natasha? I can't get over it!

shah

Shhh... shhh...
Absolutely mind boggling! Do you understand what happened between Corentin and Natasha? I can't get over it!

Judging by their instagram posts, there must have been some personal issues/tensions between Natasha and Corentin, which hardly surprises me, bearing in mind his notorious Abachkina moment :p. Such a shame, I expected them to become serious contenders for no. 2 status in France...

Peepsquick

Judging by their instagram posts, there must have been some personal issues/tensions between Natasha and Corentin, which hardly surprises me, bearing in mind his notorious Abachkina moment :p. Such a shame, I expected them to become serious contenders for no. 2 status in France...

me too! :(

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Here is what Corentin wrote on his FB page and Insta : "Hi everyone. Natacha and I no longer skate together. The injuries and the difficulties of confidence in our relationship after them have leaded us to that stop. I do retire from figure skating in order to concentrate on my engineering studies. I’d like to kindly thank every single person who has worked with us so far and believed in us : our coaches, our fans, the french federation, our families, our friends and all the members of our staff. I wish to Natacha Lagouge a great carrier as she will continue skating. To all my skating friends, best of luck on your ways and who knows ? Maybe see you soon !"

Nmsis

About Rahier, he's in 4th year of higher education. If things went and go smoothly, in June 2020, he will probably have his ingeneering degree, be ready to go on the job market but would barely be a senior ice dancer, trying to build back a couple.

So unless a golden opportunity occurs, his decision is quite undertandable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information