Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov confirm their split

Tinami Amori

However, I am suspicious about your comments regarding the beer. I have seen Fedor drinking beer on Instagram (usually with Trankov), but that does not mean he is a "drunkard" or that he was drinking at competitions. It is totally normal for a young guy to drink beer when he's watching a sports game (in Fedor's case, Zenit soccer). Scott Moir was doing the same thing at the Olympic hockey game and hasn't been crucified for it. I can't remember ever seeing a time when he looked drunk at a competition; his jumps were always rock-solid. I'm pretty sure he kept his social life separate from his skating.
He is not a "drunkard", and does not show up drunk to competitions. But it has been a point of discussion on russian blogs, then and occasionally since then, (by people who have access to skaters, like photographers, admins., etc.), that some skaters do have a "drink" if there is more than 1 day break between the skates. One such conversation is about Fedor stumbling in 2015, because "he went out" with the boys, and was a bit weaker the next day, and that's why Ksenya was upset..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW8M3fsBF34&feature=youtu.be&t=454

Cleo1782

He is not a "drunkard", and does not show up drunk to competitions. But it has been a point of discussion on russian blogs, then and occasionally since then, (by people who have access to skaters, like photographers, admins., etc.), that some skaters do have a "drink" if there is more than 1 day break between the skates. One such conversation is about Fedor stumbling in 2015, because "he went out" with the boys, and was a bit weaker the next day, and that's why Ksenya was upset..

I have been to numerous skating competitions. Numerous after parties where skaters were highly intoxicated after they skated. AFTER the competition. I can't recall every seeing a skater drink in public between the SP and LP. Let alone be fall down drunk. Perhaps I believe a skater would have a drink in private after the SP and LP to calm nerves if they were an adult, but never before a practice or where it effect skating. I am not saying it's never happened ever, but to do it in public seems very unlikely. And if these officials, friends, etc. saw it in private that would just seem like they weren't his true friend or a true Russian official

barbarafan

I can agree on some points here. Fedor cared about getting good results, but he never had that animal-like level of competitiveness that Ksenia had. It was simply a difference in personality. Fedor was the kind of guy who liked to hang with his teammates and rivals, which imo is not a bad thing. I think Stolbova/Klimov were constantly viewed as the "baby pair" compared to Volosozhar/Trankov, and Fedor acknowledged that, but Ksenia always wanted to become the best. (Eventually they did, remember 2016 Worlds when S/K were 4th and V/T were 6th). In personalities, I think they were very similar to Savchenko/Szolkowy.

I also don't think there's anything wrong with keeping your relationship with your partner a strictly working relationship. I know some people who I do not hate, but I don't have much in common with them, so we don't hang out much. However if I saw them somewhere and they were upset, I would do what I could to help them.

However, I am suspicious about your comments regarding the beer. I have seen Fedor drinking beer on Instagram (usually with Trankov), but that does not mean he is a "drunkard" or that he was drinking at competitions. It is totally normal for a young guy to drink beer when he's watching a sports game (in Fedor's case, Zenit soccer). Scott Moir was doing the same thing at the Olympic hockey game and hasn't been crucified for it. I can't remember ever seeing a time when he looked drunk at a competition; his jumps were always rock-solid. I'm pretty sure he kept his social life separate from his skating.

Scott Moir was seen with a drink on Feb 22 2018 at an Olympic Hockey game 2 days after he with his partner won Olympic gold and for all intents and purposes semi-retired from competitive skating. Why would you compare that to someone to justify them drinking during a competition?

Cleo1782

Scott Moir was seen with a drink on Feb 22 2018 at an Olympic Hockey game 2 days after he with his partner won Olympic gold and for all intents and purposes semi-retired from competitive skating. Why would you compare that to someone to justify them drinking during a competition?

Lol if I was Scott I would have had a whole bottle of champagne after winning. It's not the same thing at all. If Klimov was getting stumbling drunk at comps someone coaching, fed, etc would have stepped in. If he had beer in private after an Sp-which is alleged at best, that is his right. If he was highly intoxicated lifting Ksenia someone would have stepped in. That's an unsafe situation. Skaters are real people that drink on occasion.

And also, it's great to be friendly on and off the ice, but it also just fine to keep your relationship as one of a co-worker because this is a job to them.

supergirl573

Why you gotta bring Scott into this? He was done with competition. He wasn’t getting smashed when he was the co-captain of Team Canada, co-flag bearer, performing in team finals, or performing in the individual event.

Tinami Amori

I have been to numerous skating competitions. Numerous after parties where skaters were highly intoxicated after they skated. AFTER the competition. I can't recall every seeing a skater drink in public between the SP and LP. Let alone be fall down drunk. Perhaps I believe a skater would have a drink in private after the SP and LP to calm nerves if they were an adult, but never before a practice or where it effect skating. I am not saying it's never happened ever, but to do it in public seems very unlikely. And if these officials, friends, etc. saw it in private that would just seem like they weren't his true friend or a true Russian official
This is issue is now a subject of discussions on several Russian chats, as in russian it is called "the russian problem" (athletes and liquor). I personally see no problem in having a beer between skates, but if it gives one a headache or some discomfort, and one stumbles, it's not good... :lol:

LarrySK8

IIRC, Vladimir Kovalev used to bring a briefcase with him to the competitions, in which was a bottle of vodka and shot glasses. I believe it has been reported by skaters at that time that he would take a shot before and after competing. But that was in the 1970's. IIRC, this was reported by Scott Hamilton, Toller Cranston and Robin Cousins. But I believe Toller gave the most gossip about it in his books.

Mad for Skating

I was being sarcastic! I have no clue what colour of eyes he has and couldn’t be bothered to search for photos.

They are brown! Brown and dreamy :love: *singing* “you got that James Dean daydream look in your eye”

So Tinami says he did drink during a competition and you believe that? Without a source, without proof? Without her even saying when and where this supposedly happened, so eyewitnesses cannot clarify?
I am really disappointed how Fedor is painted in this thread. I met him at quite a few competitions, and talked to him as a journalist. He was very considerate, well-spoken, interested in more adventurous choreography and really polite. Intelligent as well.

I’ve never been lucky enough to talk to Fedor (I saw him in person once but was too shy to talk to him so I just ran!) but from what I’ve read in interviews, he seems like a pretty decent guy. He seems very respectful of people (especially women), he is funny on Instagram, and he has usually been very supportive of Ksenia when she makes mistakes. He doesn’t have that “diva” presence on the ice, but I think he and Ksenia were one of the best physical pairings on the ice in terms of skills, looks, and vibes.

As an S/K uber, I am well aware of what happened at this competition. It looks to me like he just took a silly fall on some crossovers. Many skaters have had fluke falls and they have not been drunk (Ksenia took an almost identical fall in the SP at last year’s GPF). Do you have any proof that he had been drinking at 2015 Europeans? His jumps and lifts certainly looked like a sober man’s.

Sorry, I was just saying that it isn’t unusual for a guy to have some drinks when he’s watching sports. There was never any proof that Fedor was drinking at competition so i was not referring to that.

I haven't done any big analysis but my recollection is it was more often Ksenia missing side by side jumps so I'd hardly say Fedor was holding her back.

True...I think a lot of people forget that Fedor was one of the most consistent jumpers in the recent era, on par with Cong Han and Eric Radford IMO. I think the last time he actually fell on his butt was 2014 Nationals (on a double axel of all things)! Ksenia is a star and I love her like crazy, but she did struggle with her side-by-sides, there was about a 50% chance that she would actually land them (sometimes I closed my eyes on the salchows!). So yes, guys, enough Fedor-bashing. He is as much of an Olympic silver medalist as she is.

As for the drinking during competition rumors, I’ll believe them when I see proof.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
If there is one thing in this wide wild World my wife and me alway's agree on, it is that any man whom drinks alcohol in pubic is going to one place, here's a clue there is also a big old hand-basket heading in this firey direction!

My wife was a big supported of Stolova because of her short hair and sassy boyish charm, witch I also appreciated, but skating with a drunk even though she came to her sense's and dumped him has made us loose all and every peace of respect for this team. The Addamms Family is also not a good christian choice of music, it is dark sided! Brings bad thoughts of garg oils and psychics. I say no.

As for Scott Moir, he is a notorious beer drinker but it is a bit more accepting I think as Tessa has had so many males "buy her body for the night" as they even eluded to in their Mulan Rouge program. We prefer men with good value's like Gillam Scisseron.

Japanfan

As for Scott Moir, he is a notorious beer drinker but it is a bit more accepting I think as Tessa has had so many males "buy her body for the night" as they even eluded to in their Mulan Rouge program. We prefer men with good value's like Gillam Scisseron.

:confused:

Tessa was playing a character in 'Mulan Rouge', a prostitute. That eludes to absolutely nothing about what she does in her personal life.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
skating with a drunk
??? This is just so preposterous. I've seen Klimov countless times, have talked to him as media, I have attended after competitions and after shows parties and, unlike some other skaters, I've never seen him drunk once. I'd take what posters here, Russian blogs and boards say with a grain of salt. Klimov is a nice and level-headed and respectful person, a hard worker. Calling him a drunk is plainly ridiculous and insulting.

We prefer men with good value's like Gillam Scisseron.
Klimov is the same class act as "CiseauxRond". They are both hard working, clever, charming, nice people.

skatingguy

decently
:confused:

Tessa was playing a character in 'Mulan Rouge', a prostitute. That eludes to absolutely nothing about what she does in her personal life.
??? This is just so preposterous. I've seen Klimov countless times, have talked to him as media, I have attended after competitions and after shows parties and, unlike some other skaters, I've never seen him drunk once. I'd take what posters here, Russian blogs and boards say with a grain of salt. Klimov is a nice and level-headed and respectful person, a hard worker. Calling him a drunk is plainly ridiculous and insulting.

Klimov is the same class act as "CiseauxRond". They are both hard working, clever, charming, nice people.
It's a parody account - I don't think you need to take everything said literally or seriously. :)

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
More annoying than just silly. A joke is funny only once. After a while it becomes a bit boring and monotonous.
Every since my wife and me began posting hear, I have believed truly that you are the best at making and under-standing joke's so due to that respect I will apologize to all whom have been confused thinking I was not being serious. Or that I was joking, rather then showing how my own religious and personal and strong value's make my thoughts on skating, alcohol, the treatment of Ross Minor, ect.

But I also must as much as I respect you're opinion say that I think there are some joke's that are funny more then once, "take my wife please!" is the first one coming to mind but I'm sure there are many other's. I will discuss this with my wife when we have a crock pot turkey fiesta dinner to-night.

Carolla5501

OMG this thred
If there is one thing in this wide wild World my wife and me alway's agree on, it is that any man whom drinks alcohol in pubic is going to one place, here's a clue there is also a big old hand-basket heading in this firey direction!

My wife was a big supported of Stolova because of her short hair and sassy boyish charm, witch I also appreciated, but skating with a drunk even though she came to her sense's and dumped him has made us loose all and every peace of respect for this team. The Addamms Family is also not a good christian choice of music, it is dark sided! Brings bad thoughts of garg oils and psychics. I say no.

OMG What a judgmental jerk you seem to be! Another one for the ignore list!

If there's one thing my friends and I agree on it's the fact that people like you who judge others are the ones heading in the "firey direction" since apparently they missed the 'Judge not Lest you be judged" part.

quartz

scratching at the light
Every since my wife and me began posting hear, I have believed truly that you are the best at making and under-standing joke's so due to that respect I will apologize to all whom have been confused thinking I was not being serious. Or that I was joking, rather then showing how my own religious and personal and strong value's make my thoughts on skating, alcohol, the treatment of Ross Minor, ect.

But I also must as much as I respect you're opinion say that I think there are some joke's that are funny more then once, "take my wife please!" is the first one coming to mind but I'm sure there are many other's. I will discuss this with my wife when we have a crock pot turkey fiesta dinner to-night.
Oooh!! Could you post your crock pot turkey fiesta dinner recipe pleeeeze?? I can’t never ever get enough turkey recipes!! :rollin:

Mad for Skating

Preach it! I don’t know him personally but he has never seemed like a drunk in any way! He is a young man who has an occasional drink with his friends when he is not skating, which IMO is totally acceptable.

Cizeron also seems like a sweetie :love: and also very handsome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information