Papadakis/Cizeron #6 - Season's Over - Let's Get Drunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alain06fr

The Mozart's music and concept was Romain Haguenauer's sister idea... Haguenauer doesn't like classical music. And it's Muriel Zazoui who had the idea to ask MFD to choreograph on this music.

Twinklestar started the story so let's continue a bit.

The idea to have G&G skate on the Mozart Piano Concerto 23 was born in France. Muriel asked MFD to choreograph the Mozart free dance and then Gaby, Guillaume and Romain flew to Montréal. In May and June 2014, they worked in Gadbois with MFD to bring up the Piano Concerto program. It was a great opportunity for G&G to discover the Gadbois infrastructure, meet the coaches and the teams training there, and explore the city of Montréal, knowing May and June is almost the perfect timeframe to do so. At the end of this 2-month working session, Romain and G&G flew back to France to continue the preparation of the 14/15 season.

Back in Lyon, a conflict quickly blew up between Romain and Muriel and reached a point of no return (according to Romain's interviews - links posted by Synian on page 27). Romain stopped therefore his collaboration with Muriel and moved to Montréal, after informing G&G about his decision. Finally, Gaby and Guillaume followed him (mid July 2014) to continue their career in Gadbois. It was everything but a blind decision on a whim, having already worked there in May & June 2014.

Last edited:

barbarafan

Twinklestar started the story so let's continue a bit.

The idea to have G&G skate on the Mozart Piano Concerto 23 was born in France. Muriel asked MFD to choreograph the Mozart free dance and then Gaby, Guillaume and Romain flew to Montréal. In May and June 2014, they worked in Gadbois with MFD to bring up the Piano Concerto program. It was a great opportunity for G&G to discover the Gadbois infrastructure, meet the coaches and the teams training there, and explore the city of Montréal, knowing May and June is almost the perfect timeframe to do so. At the end of this 2-month working session, Romain and G&G flew back to France to continue the preparation of the 14/15 season.

Back in Lyon, a conflict quickly blew up between Romain and Muriel and reached a point of no return (according to Romain's interviews - links posted by Synian on page 27). Romain stopped therefore his collaboration with Muriel and moved to Montréal, after informing G&G about his decision. Finally, Gaby and Guillaume followed him (mid July 2014) to continue their career in Gadbois. It was everything but a blind decision on a whim, having already worked there in May & June 2014.

Oh...had no idea Romain had a falling out with anyone. What I had read or heard was exactly what you just wrote about the visit but that during the visit MFD and Patrice asked Romain to move to Gadbois and he decided to take them up on the offer. I either read it here at the time(I don't read any other forum) or a commentator might have mentioned it. I know the first time I saw G&G was after they had moved to Mtl.

alain06fr

Oh...had no idea Romain had a falling out with anyone. What I had read or heard was exactly what you just wrote about the visit but that during the visit MFD and Patrice asked Romain to move to Gadbois and he decided to take them up on the offer. I either read it here at the time(I don't read any other forum) or a commentator might have mentioned it. I know the first time I saw G&G was after they had moved to Mtl.

By reading Romain’s interviews, one can guess the conflict between Muriel and him started even before May 2014. In such case, if MFD and Patrice were aware about it, they may have offered him to move to Gadbois when he was there in May/June 2014 with G&G. Honestly, I don’t know but I think it’s a detail in this whole story. At least, one can understand that P/C’s decision to move to Gadbois was quite logical.

Last edited:

barbarafan

It’s possible MFD and Patrice asked Romain to move to Gadbois when he was there in May/June 2014 with G&G. Honestly, I don’t know. By reading Romain’s interviews, one can guess the conflict between Muriel and him started even before May 2014 but I think it’s a detail in this whole story. At least, one can understand that P/C’s decision to move to Gadbois was quite logical.

I am so glad they did....I just thought conditions weren't as good where they were and they did not want to lose Romain.
It is hard to leave your home country for sure and our climate these last few years is not great (understatement) Hope they are always made to feel welcome.

firstflight

Who is Paul Marie? I only saw one photo though not photos

He’s a photographer/gymnastics coach/ex-tumbler who took fashion photos of Guillaume a few years ago. Then for awhile, he was in a lot of pictures with Guillaume and other Montreal skaters. Lately he’s been hanging out with Mae Meite. He knows Vanessa James too.

There were a bunch of since deleted photos of him with Guillaume on Guillaume’s Instagram, including on vacation in Mexico (doing backflips on a beach) and Guillaume in DC to visit him. I did a little swoon because Guillaume was learning tumbling in a gym less than a mile from my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information