Papadakis/Cizeron #6 - Season's Over - Let's Get Drunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
When I read they would dance on Gravity I was not thrilled but it turned out much better than I anticipated. It's more choreographed than their usual Exhibitions. I particularly enjoyed his solo at the beginning, also nice use of the umbrella, not used seing them with a prop. Plus Guillaume showing off his gymnastic background cartwheeling on the ice. All in all, it was a refreshing Ex with some new moves and a lighter approach to their usually moody gala. Lovely. They got a very warm welcome and the crowd went crazy for their Ed Sheeran too. It's got to feel good.

Laney

Thank you so much for the videos. I LOVE Gravity! As cocotaffy mentioned it´s more choreographed than most of their exhibitions. I like that! And their skating is - as always - to die for! I hope they´ll keep this exhibition for the shows of competitions etc. Love it more than Beyonce etc...

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
They looked gorgeous at Roland Garros. Guillaume in his dapper little vest!

I had no idea the draw was such a media event but I think they were professionally styled. Here's a closer look at Gabriella's dress.
Hold the phone, is he giving her his number ? Way to start a nice little gossip. Mind you they would make a hell of a handsome power couple, I can ship this :respec: BTW, news of the day Guillaume has been so impressed by all the hoopla and meeting Nadal he decided to jump ship and play tennis now as per his IS. Gaby is as of this moment on IPS. Who shall she be paired up with ? I say Javier Fernandez :D

Last edited:

Isabelle.G

They looked amazing. I'm so happy for them, it must have been a great honour to be invited to such an event. What can I say... my two favourite sports worlds colliding I certainly can't complain. :biggrinbo (I'd put there a different female tennis player though :lol:)

Cam1409

Cachoo

Thanks for the link to "Gravity." I was watching ice dance from the last century in the 80's and 90's and the facial expressions were often over the top. The great thing about these two is that everything is conveyed in the skating itself and the way they use their bodies. You don't need some overly animated facial expression to convey what they are feeling. It is all in the skating. I hope we never go back to the old way.

laviemn

It's good for them to get that recognition, that praise in their own country. They don't get it when they are in Canada. They need it.

Most skaters get most of their recognition in their home countries. Like Adam Rippon has received more media attention and opportunities in the US since the Olympics than any of the medalists. But if I were a skater, I'd be more concerned about getting recognition in Asia, where the money is these days, than in North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information