Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

lauravvv

What is tour, what is figure skating, who is Scott Moir? This all I about Tessa Virtue, who look won 10 medals at OG along and about her sponsorships and projects. Of couse she used SM photos, when she need to get more likes under her sponsorships messages.
Hope
:confused: seconded.

Shayii

What is tour, what is figure skating, who is Scott Moir? This all I about Tessa Virtue, who look won 10 medals at OG along and about her sponsorships and projects. Of couse she used SM photos, when she need to get more likes under her sponsorships messages.
Hope
Oh pani. Don’t be mad at Tessa because she’s doing separate things from Scott that’s not fair. They’re not joined at the hip. I’ve seen fans on twitter complaining too and I’m afraid people think they’re one entity now lol. Scott doesn’t want to be in the spotlight, he doesn’t. That’s his decision. He’s basically disappeared since they won (minus that one day of media). If he wanted the same opportunities as Tessa he would have them. Who was the number 1 trending athlete in Canada during the Olympics? It wasn’t Tessa, it wasn’t Tessa&Scott, it was Scott. And their agent posted yesterday that Tessa’s visibility/social medi awareness (or something like that) jumped by 300% after the Olympics, but Scott’s did by 400%. But he doesn’t want it, he just wants to be a coach. Tessa’s not using him for anything, they support each other. Anyway if it makes you feel better they’re going to be touring together for 3 months or even more after this. This isn’t just directed at you, I’ve seen some crazy stuff from fans these past few days.

Ohyes

Hope

Is this the V/M thread on FSuniverse or V/M stan tumblr? :rolleyes:

kittysk8ts

I’ve seen some crazy stuff from fans these past few days.

Ditto. My God. We won Olympic Gold against all odds and our team is doing exceedingly well, together and apart, but some fans just still cannot be happy. Tessa and Scott are completely different people outside of skating. This is likely one of the many reasons they have been able to sustain a 21 year partnership. It's HEALTHY for them to pursue different interests. And I think this is ALL wonderful.

End rant.

Rafter

I do find it interesting how she went from zero social media before Sochi (almost shunning it IIRC, citing her reason that she’s such a private person) to now being a master of self-promotion. I wonder if she kept quiet on social media pre-Vancouver and pre-Sochi because of the rumours swirling about her and David Pelletier.

She was always going to get more endorsements than Scott, it’s the nature of the skating fan base.

Shayii

I mean I agree kitty, but I also can’t put all the blame on the fans. JMO, but Tessa and Scott feed into it too. I remember having a disagreement with someone here years ago because I thought them doing that wedding photo shoot was a bad idea and I felt Tessa and Scott knew what it was going to lead to. Anyway that’s a long discussion I don’t necessarily feel like getting into now lol.

Rafter

I don’t know anything about Tumblr but I did notice on twitter than Tessa Virtue was getting some grief from people about a post she made the morning after the hockey bus crash.

It also seems she’s got a Bitove daughter working for her (PR or social media?). The Bitove’s are a wealthy Toronto family and one of them (maybe the same one) used to work for tennis player Milos Raonic.

kittysk8ts

I mean I agree kitty, but I also can’t put all the blame on the fans. JMO, but Tessa and Scott feed into it too. I remember having a disagreement with someone here years ago because I thought them doing that wedding photo shoot was a bad idea and I felt Tessa and Scott knew what it was going to lead to. Anyway that’s a long discussion I don’t necessarily feel like getting into now lol.

Fair enough. And of course, I really do enjoy diverse opinions. Maybe I am projecting my own feelings onto others which I shouldn't do. I guess they really don't need me to defend them either. I do tend to get carried away. Not saying that is what you meant @Shayii. Just a self observation that's come too late.

Hahaha. You guys still love me though, right? Giggle.

D

Deleted member 74551

Everything they did in terms of PR in 2013-14 was a terrible idea IMO. I’m certain I read somewhere that Scott said he was barely sleeping worrying that the show would mess things up. I still can’t watch most of it, far too much second hand embarrassment for two such spectacular athletes.

I don’t know anything about Tumblr but I did notice on twitter than Tessa Virtue was getting some grief from people about a post she made the morning after the hockey bus crash.

It also seems she’s got a Bitove daughter working for her (PR or social media?). The Bitove’s are a wealthy Toronto family and one of them (maybe the same one) used to work for tennis player Milos Raonic.

In fairness to the people on Twitter, the timing of posting a video celebrating their win on that particular morning was a bit insensitive, especially as Scott and so many of her sporting colleagues were offering support and condolences at the same time. But it’s entirely possible she hadn’t heard about it or didn’t realise the enormity of the tragedy being in Japan and people do go overboard in rushing to judgement.

kittysk8ts

Yup, I saw that and I defended her there too. She shared a video a fan made. Someone commented they felt she "appeared insensitive" by posting the vid. UGH.

Shayii

I do find it interesting how she went from zero social media before Sochi (almost shunning it IIRC, citing her reason that she’s such a private person) to now being a master of self-promotion. I wonder if she kept quiet on social media pre-Vancouver and pre-Sochi because of the rumours swirling about her and David Pelletier.

She was always going to get more endorsements than Scott, it’s the nature of the skating fan base.
Both her and Scott weren’t on social media. Has nothing to with David Pelletier.

Sonata

She was probably waiting for this video to be ready and then released it on a certain day as planned. I really didn’t think of the tragedy at all when she posted it, in terms of timing. I would give her a break, she was in Japan.

I’d agree their PR was terrible in 2013-2014. They were not promoting their work enough. Now with social media, they were able to influence the narrative by progressively showing the work they were doing behind the scenes. Even those early glimpses of them practicing with Sam Chouinard in the dance studio before announcing their comeback made fans excited with their new look. Their PR was smart. I think Tessa is just doing what a lot of celebrities are doing now - building their brand through social media. There are lots of celebrities who never posted on social media before who now have Instagram accounts. I also wouldn’t be surprised if her sponsors require her to post a certain number of times per year.

chantilly

Keeping in mind the time difference between Canada and Japan.
They are like 17 hours ahead.

As for the talk show stuff; the shows Tessa is going to on is very woman centric.
She’s a gorgeous,female athlete who’s into fashion. She’s marketable,more so individually from Scott because of the fact that she’s a female in a sport watched a lot by women. And also an advocate for women’s issues.
Scott has always appeared to me uninterested in being in the spotlight

Shayii

Fair enough. And of course, I really do enjoy diverse opinions. Maybe I am projecting my own feelings onto others which I shouldn't do. I guess they really don't need me to defend them either. I do tend to get carried away. Not saying that is what you meant @Shayii. Just a self observation that's come too late.

Hahaha. You guys still love me though, right? Giggle.
I could never be upset with you! It’s ok to have difference of opinions.

D

Deleted member 74551

She was probably waiting for this video to be ready and then released it on a certain day as planned. I really didn’t think of the tragedy at all when she posted it, in terms of timing. I would give her a break, she was in Japan.

I’d agree their PR was terrible in 2013-2014. They were not promoting their work enough. Now with social media, they were able to influence the narrative by progressively showing the work they were doing behind the scenes. Even those early glimpses of them practicing with Sam Chouinard in the dance studio before announcing their comeback made fans excited with their new look. Their PR was smart. I think Tessa is just doing what a lot of celebrities are doing now - building their brand through social media. There are lots of celebrities who never posted on social media before who now have Instagram accounts. I also wouldn’t be surprised if her sponsors require her to post a certain number of times per year.

I agree with all this. They would have been much better served in 2013 with a documentary like that wonderful ‘Making of Roxanne’ feature focusing on their skating and artistry rather than the show which played into every single thing being said about D/W having overtaken them and them not being able to derail the train. The judges were already setting that narrative, no need to reinforce it! It undersold them. I think they were determined to get it right this time. Good for Tessa getting herself out there and trying new things :)

pani

SCOTT.

@pani, you know I love you, but are you in a bad mood today? Hahaha.
I see only Tessa Virtue. And yes, I am in bad mood, because I tired from all this Tessa's projects and PR, when it was TEAM, who won this all medals. And I tired to read about lazy, stupid Scott, who didn't want nothing.
As for education. Did Bourne, Marie-France, Buttle, Davis-White finished there education?
P.S. it's OK to post how bad TS ex is, so why not to have different opinions about Tessa aggressive PR?

Golden1

Agreed. I love them, both as a couple and as individuals. However, Tessa knows what sells and she knows that posts of Scott and her together get a lot more likes than pictures of her alone. She knows that a big part of her fanbase "ships" them and (IMO) that's also the reason why she promoted Nivea with an instagram picture of Scott smelling her arm. She is clever and business savy and knows exactly what to do. I like her for it. However, I don't think they can "complain" about people speculating about their relationship when Tessa fires up their fanbase with her "shippy" instagram posts.

Rafter

Everything they did in terms of PR in 2013-14 was a terrible idea IMO. I’m certain I read somewhere that Scott said he was barely sleeping worrying that the show would mess things up. I still can’t watch most of it, far too much second hand embarrassment for two such spectacular athletes.

In fairness to the people on Twitter, the timing of posting a video celebrating their win on that particular morning was a bit insensitive, especially as Scott and so many of her sporting colleagues were offering support and condolences at the same time. But it’s entirely possible she hadn’t heard about it or didn’t realise the enormity of the tragedy being in Japan and people do go overboard in rushing to judgement.

I’m on the side of her posting that being very bad timing.

Shayii

I see only Tessa Virtue. And yes, I am in bad mood, because I tired from all this Tessa's projects and PR, when it was TEAM, who won this all medals. And I tired to read about lazy, stupid Scott, who didn't want nothing.
As for education. Did Bourne, Marie-France, Buttle, Davis-White finished there education?
P.S. it's OK to post how bad TS ex is, so why not to have different opinions about Tessa aggressive PR?
But no one said that about Scott? I think you need to take this issue up with Scott himself TBH because he’s the one that doesn’t want to be out there.
Agreed. I love them, both as a couple and as individuals. However, Tessa knows what sells and she knows that posts of Scott and her together get a lot more likes than pictures of her alone. She knows that a big part of her fanbase "ships" them and (IMO) that's also the reason why she promoted Nivea with an instagram picture of Scott smelling her arm. She is clever and business savy and knows exactly what to do. I like her for it. However, I don't think they can "complain" about people speculating about their relationship when Tessa fires up their fanbase with her "shippy" instagram posts.
Yep. You’ve gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

Rafter

Both her and Scott weren’t on social media. Has nothing to with David Pelletier.

Virtue WAS getting a lot of flack on the internet in 2010 for being the reason behind the Sale and Pelletier divorce. Of course we’ll never know if that’s one of the reasons she steered clear of any online presence.

kittysk8ts

Thank you for response @pani. So, by your logic, Shae-Lyn Bourne should not be a coach/choreographer because Viktor Kraatz wanted to start a private life and have a family? Charlie White should not be commentating on figure skating because Meryl Davis isn't doing the same. That is just silly.

Also, I did not say anything negative about T/S's ex. I said I wanted to give it a chance to grow :)

Rafter

Yup, I saw that and I defended her there too. She shared a video a fan made. Someone commented they felt she "appeared insensitive" by posting the vid. UGH.

It was not a fan vid. It was made by a social media firm that works for Tessa. It was bad timing on her part.

Last edited:

pani

I think you need to take this issue up with Scott himself TBH because he’s the one that doesn’t want to be out there
So didn't you talking about Scott is one, who didn't want nothing?
Yes, I think it's unfair, when she got all sponsorships and he didn't get nothing.

pani

Thank you for response @pani. So, by your logic, Shae-Lyn Bourne should not be a coach/choreographer because Viktor Kraatz wanted to start a private life and have a family? Charlie White should not be commentating on figure skating because Meryl Davis isn't doing the same. That is just silly.

Also, I did not say anything negative about T/S's ex. I said I wanted to give it a chance to grow :)
No, I am talking about that Scott didn't have education, but non of that persons didn't, but could work in figure skating. For me better not to start, then 20 years be a student.
DW had the same sponsors in the most part. As for BK it was one bad example, when one part of team didn't let to other to have professional carrier.

Golden1

It was not a fan vid. It was made by a social media firm that worlds for Tessa.
Yep, that Tobin guy does a lot of her instagram pics and videos. There was online speculation about them dating but according to tumblr and twitter ;) he is dating her sister. So at least he or his company should have known better and released the video at a later date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information