Biatch stole my moves!

Foolhardy Ham Lint

berthesghost

:lol:

Lu chen’s is literally the only one I remember, having seen them all in their day.

But lu vs Amber? Does anyone even need to click on the links to make that decision? :p

As for the title question: I could see Corwin possibly being inspired/influenced by a program at worlds two years earlier but Mao? Did she even know Mirai skated to that? That one’s probably just a coincidence.

Wait! I think I remember the Mao one now. I remember thinking they probably chose it to show versatility but that it was mismatched for her.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
For Take Five, I actually remember Shishkova & Naumov's SP more than either Lu CHen or Amber Corwin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmyBMt74LDk

S&N's SP skated to Take Five at the 92 Olympics is the best expression of that music (better than T&D)

BTW I don't really understand the title of this thread. Why use a curse word when something else would have described it better?- like the first sentence of the OP? We are not talking about Moves here, it seems.

giselle23

:lol:

Lu chen’s is literally the only one I remember, having seen them all in their day.

But lu vs Amber? Does anyone even need to click on the links to make that decision? :p

As for the title question: I could see Corwin possibly being inspired/influenced by a program at worlds two years earlier but Mao? Did she even know Mirai skated to that? That one’s probably just a coincidence.

Wait! I think I remember the Mao one now. I remember thinking they probably chose it to show versatility but that it was mismatched for her.

Lori Nichol stole from herself with the Gershwin program.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Hanae loved Maria's avant garde music, it seems.

Julia Lautowa was another who apparently liked Butyrskaya's music, using the exact same cuts of her programs several times:

Maria Butyrskaya 1992 Skate Canada, Moliendo Café
vs.
Julia Lautowa 1997 Worlds, Moliendo Café

Maria Butyrskaya 1998 Olympics, Fever
vs.
Julia Lautowa 2004 Europeans, Fever

Maria Butyrskaya 1995 Nations Cup, Malaguena
vs
Julia Lautowa 2003 Worlds, Malaguena (different version of Malaguena, but stay for the ending)

And a bonus:

Irina Slutskaya 1997 Worlds, Phantom on Ice
vs.
Julia Lautowa 2004 Europeans, Phantom on Ice

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
No one is going to mention Medvedeva stealing Nagasu's SP music?
The serious comments about this--that Team Eteri should have known Nagasu's music and not chosen it AND that Nagasu might beat Medvedeva in the short program--were some of the best FSU content of last year this side of a bathroom in Grenoble.

Thinking about this now, I actually think Eteri should wait until all her skaters' rivals announce their music and then steal it, only with backloading and armography and pretentious political themes. This would, however, become a problem if Karen Chen improved enough to be a rival since her indecisiveness would require Eteri to be flexible--unlike her own face, which I realize is unnecessary for me to point out.

Last edited:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Take five from Takahiko Kozuka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnpRKk1fdu0

At that time Mao was going to quit skating after losing her beloved mom. Reportedly she went to Lori for choreographing a show number only. Mao brought a sorrowful music with her. But Lori gave her a cheerful number in stead, that was Marry Poppins, with saying "If I were your mom, I'd be happier to see my daughter smiling than to see you skating to a sorrowful number with tears in your eyes due to my death." When they worked together, Mao gradually started smiling again. Then Lori suggested Mao to make another cheerful number for a short program that means Lori suggested her to continue competing. They didn't have enough time for choreographing the extra one. So I think, Lori picked one cheerful music that she used in the past. And actually Mao's I Got Rhythm has lots of the same moves from Marry Poppins that they made before I Got Rhythm.

kwanatic

Take five from Takahiko Kozuka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnpRKk1fdu0

At that time Mao was going to quit skating after losing her beloved mom. Reportedly she went to Lori for choreographing a show number only. Mao brought a sorrowful music with her. But Lori gave her a cheerful number in stead, that was Marry Poppins, with saying "If I were your mom, I'd be happier to see my daughter smiling than to see you skating to a sorrowful number with tears in your eyes due to my death." When they worked together, Mao gradually started smiling again. Then Lori suggested Mao to make another cheerful number for a short program that means Lori suggested her to continue competing. They didn't have enough time for choreographing the extra one. So I think, Lori picked one cheerful music that she used in the past. And actually Mao's I Got Rhythm has lots of the same moves from Marry Poppins that they made before I Got Rhythm.

It was one of my favorite SPs from her.:) I felt like Lori was able to bring out that youthful, happy and carefree charm Mao had circa 2005 and combine it with the grace, polish and maturity she'd gained over the years. What you ended up with was proof that even juniorish music can be made senior and mature with the right kind of performer.

Bellanca

The Bolero series:

Torvill & Dean - patiently waiting for the little flower girl to exit the ice. :lol:

Michelle Kwan

Carolina Kostner

It's pretty much a universal opinion that T&D own the copyright to this piece, but Caro did a heck of a job. As to who performed better, it's all subjective I suppose.

Last edited:

Erin

Banned Member

gk_891

When I saw this thread title, this was the first example that came to mind, as these were literally almost the same program:

Anissina & Peizerat - 1998 Olympics Romeo & Juliet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE9gI_Xh2PA

Wang & Zhang - 1999 Asian Winter Games Romeo & Juliet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRjIUYXzkyc

(I think we know who wore it better, but definitely a case of biatch stole my moves)

My God, I can't believe they (W&Z) had the nerve to do that. That's crazy.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
I am shocked and disgusted that language like biatch is allowed here! This language is as offensive as what USFA did to Ross Minor! I have not been so shocked and disgusted since my wife and I were watching TV and there was a hole show where men were dressed as women competing to win money and wigs, awful!

berthesghost

I have not been so shocked and disgusted since my wife and I were watching TV and there was a hole show where men were dressed as women competing to win money and wigs, awful!
with Courtney Love from Hole as a guest judge no less! But I think you misjudged that show: all of the men and women are appropriately segregated per traditional values mike pence would approve of. The men sew the clothes in the work room, write the scripts etc, and then the women (who I think are their sisters) wear them on stage and/or act out the plays. There’s even two hosts: a tall man who advises them in the work room like Tim Gunn and then a beautiful blonde who judges them like Heidi Klume

Bellanca

Lori has been known to recycle programs and choreography a time or two?! Really? You don't say! Why, I had no idea! :2faced:

I'm not entirely sure if she is counting on Mr. and Mrs. Fan Base being totally distracted - or just simply checked out... but for the skaters who end up with the retreads, they've definitely been shortchanged.

ETA: Plus, the inevitable comparisons that follow ... usually never any good. :gallopin1

Last edited:

VGThuy

What was that ice dance team that did Virtue/Moir's Latin FD with the same exact music cuts and borrowed exact pieces of choreography and the male partner claimed to have choreographed the program himself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information