From Russia with love [#28]: Autumn to Winter 2017

MAXSwagg

IOC completely ROBBED them. Sui Han are the only saving graces of pairs now, and T/M if they can keep it together. My interest in pairs which is my favorite discipline decrease year by year...

clairecloutier

There's also Lubov .... :watch:

Although, in all seriousness, it's hard for me to picture Klimov continuing without Stolbova. There's also the issue of his shoulder problems--not sure of the current status of that.

I was expecting that Stolbova/Klimov would retire after this Worlds. But I'm still sorry to hear the confirmation, and will miss them a great deal.

oleada

I thought Vera was skating in shows with Larionov.

I will miss Stolbova and Klimov terribly. They are gems. I am, however, not surprised.

Stolbova seems to be very artistically inclined; maybe she can give Mozer a hand in packaging and choreography for her teams :shuffle: does the article say what they plan to do after?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'd love to see her as a choreographer, but I think she wouldn't have the patience to coach. She's too much of a perfectionist.

quiqie

Can someone translate what exactly Kolyada and Medvedeva said here? I think he was thanking them for supporting him with his bad SP? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ue6VyRM42w
Kolyada says that the team supported him and he tried not to lose his spirit and not let the failure in the short affect his performance in the free.
Medvedeva adds that they all tried not to let him lose his spirit.

Lovemyvike

:rofl: There's delusion and then there's delusion. #tillthebitterend

Maybe Klimov will skate with Volo. She wanted to keep skating. I'd be fine with that. Or if Bruno really wants to retire and Aliona doesn't, she can skate for Russia and I'd REALLY be fine with them together.

Many possibilities.

That might actually be amazing. Especially since they're close friends. I'm surprised that it's Klimov that wants to continue and not Stolbova. She seems like she lives for the sport. Maybe that's why this is especially hard on her.

I thought Vera was skating in shows with Larionov.

I will miss Stolbova and Klimov terribly. They are gems. I am, however, not surprised.

Stolbova seems to be very artistically inclined; maybe she can give Mozer a hand in packaging and choreography for her teams :shuffle: does the article say what they plan to do after?

I am so sad about this. But S he would be a fantastic choreographer! She has had a huge role in their programs for the last few years.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am surprised that Klimov wants to continue while Ksenia does not. He had more injuries than her, i think. I am sad that Ksenia couldn't get her Olympic moment before retiring. I will be rooting for them to win the world championship in Milan.

Areski

I am surprised that Klimov wants to continue while Ksenia does not. He had more injuries than her, i think. I am sad that Ksenia couldn't get her Olympic moment before retiring. I will be rooting for them to win the world championship in Milan.

Ksenia kinda got her olympic moment though, what about these who never get this moment of even competing? Silver Olympic medal in pairs and OGM in Team Event stay.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
That might actually be amazing. Especially since they're close friends. I'm surprised that it's Klimov that wants to continue and not Stolbova. She seems like she lives for the sport. Maybe that's why this is especially hard on her.
Mozer said they will retire; the journalist who is friends with Klimov called Klimov for a quite and got an answer Klimov is not thinking about retiring. So far no one bothered to ask Stolbova. It's not as if it would be the first time Mozer speaks without thinking/asking

hanca

Values her privacy
I thought Klimov still have problems with his shoulder. That was the reason why the twist is much worse than in the past and the throw jumps are unstable because he throws her inconsistently. So with any new partner he would have the same problems. If one of them was to continue, I thought it would be Stolbova because her health seemed better, but I guess her heart is not in it after this experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information