Papadakis CIzeron #4 - Happiness Does Not Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyasnake

It's good that it's just right after GPF, they go straight from Japan to France and skate. Maybe some media stuff too, but I expect them not to stay too long in France even if it's the holidays/Christmas break, because they have Euros one month later. This is a tight schedule this year : Masters, Finlandia, CoC, IFP, GPF, Nats, Euros, Olys and Worlds. :eek: And from Montreal to all those places, it's far, plus the jetlag... they'll be worn out after Worlds and sleeping 16 hours a day :rofl:

sap5

Do they have to compete at Nationals, or can they just get a bye to the rest of the competitions? That schedule just seems crazy.

Anyasnake

Do they have to compete at Nationals, or can they just get a bye to the rest of the competitions? That schedule just seems crazy.
Yes, it is a bit nuts... but I'm guessing they'll take the opportunity to see their families during this week and do a couple of interviews so that everything is packed together and they don't waste time. They're very young, they have the stamina to handle it, but my first thought was "how are they going to get through all of this in less than 6 months" lol.
Thankfully they don't train in France, they'd have too much media focus. They have more freedom in Canada.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I like this quote from Christopher Dean “Gabriella and Guillaume are such talents and their ability the move over the ice with flow and speed is unique. It’s as if they have grown from the ice. They are so organic and skate as if they were born with skates on their feet.”
It's truly how it feels when watching them.

GreenGan

YES ! Hadn't seen the whole competition yet but the simple fact that they are ahead of V/M in the SD is a testament for their training. When you have your program early, you skate better :)

Just that NtMiSt to fix, but since the BV are the same you can really compare them to V/M and you know that both teams are in a virtual tie. It shows too on PCS where P/C are ahead in every item by 0.02 to 0.05 except in Composition where it's a tie.

annie_mg

Have I missed these news or are Dubreuil/Lauzon never with these two for a reason this season? It seems like there's a clear separation: Marie-France and Patrick with Tessa and Virtue, Romain with Gabriella and Guillaume. What's the deal?

cocotaffy

Have I missed these news or are Dubreuil/Lauzon never with these two for a reason this season? It seems like there's a clear separation: Marie-France and Patrick with Tessa and Virtue, Romain with Gabriella and Guillaume. What's the deal?
I don't think that's it, because MDF has actually not been out of Canada period. So my guess would be it's because of their daughter. I thought she would come for the GPF but not even. Romain has been travelling like crazy actually, he's been of all the competition but for Skate Canada I think. Plus, it seems P/C are doing great with their mental coach on their side so I'm not bothered by the whole thing.
Also yeaaaaaaaaaaah for today, I'm so thrilled they conquered their jitters and deliver even in the SD. It has to feel good. Now please, keep your nerves and skate like only you know how on saturday.

Anyasnake

Marie-France was only at Skate Canada because it's not far from Montreal by plane, but she has other students too, so when they're far, it's usually both Romain and Patrice.
ALso V/M and P/C skating back to back means someone has to stay with one team. You're P/C : you pick Romain. V/M pick Patrice. Natural choice.

Isabelle.G

What have I come home to? WOW! I'm so so happy for them - the gap is small, but it must such a kick for their confidence. I love Gabi's ponytail! I'm nitpicking now, but I would add something to the final part, after the lift. But it was awesome. Fingers crossed for FD. Sadly, the schedule was planned that both dances are at times when I have to work. Oh well. :lol:

EDIT: Here's the press conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0D04yaB5Rs

Last edited:

TheresMaude

Did you guys spot any new things in the dance today? On the lift, I think they added a turn with Gabi in his arms before he sets her down.

Isabelle.G

Did you guys spot any new things in the dance today? On the lift, I think they added a turn with Gabi in his arms before he sets her down.
Yes, plus the lift itself is sharper - for example, the way they both look at different way and then at each other. The whole danced seemed to me a way sharper than before, it was great to watch. It may be only me but I think they still haven't set their minds properly on the ending - they both move their bodies, but everytime we see it, Gabi does something different. (She plays with her ponytail differently. :D)

BTW: I loved her hair this time! It suited the dance and she looked great. I hope she'll keep this type of ponytail for the remaining SDs this season. It's an important thing to mention, I know, but I couldn't help it. :lol:

Anyasnake

After rewatching the FDs again, I can say this : very VERY deserved !
The most important of all : Flawless. Levels aside (everybody got pretty much aroung the same BV), they didn't left place for any doubts for judges. They learn their lesson from last year.
The program went by a flash. Gorgeous gorgeous !! :cheer2:

cocotaffy

So happy for them, they skated flawlessly, added a little flourish after the knee sweeping move, even with little time they keep adding things. They got two levels 3 which explains the very slight drop compared to their last competition even though their circular looked flawless and was marked level 4 on the ticker. They als had flawless twizzles which usually gather 1.80 GOE but got 1.71 this time around. But no matter they kept above the 120 mark and improved yet ever so slightly the total WR. The audience seemed to have loved it, but the japenese in general do love classical music.
They kept it together and stayed in the moment and with the pressure rising we saw some, usually the most consistent team too, unfortunately crumble today so it is a huge achievement and can only make them confident for the Olympics.

Laney

They were brilliant! When I watch them live I´m sooooo nervous and I thought they were a bit slower than usually. Aber when I re-watched the FD everything was as great as always :D They can be so proud. I love every second in this FD and I´m so happy they won this title. :cheer2::cheer2:

Laney

Sometimes I forget how YOUNG they are! That they weren´t even born when Katia & Sergej skated to MS. For me, these Olympic Games were the beginning of myself being a fan of figure skating. And once in a while, you have such outstanding skaters that sometimes you can´t believe they´re real. I for myself only have four skaters I have in my highest league and two of them are Gabriella and Guillaume :) I love many skaters and over the years I had many great moments in skating, but with these two there are many more to come. And when you imagine how many wonderful programs they´ll have within them... I´m so grateful!

Isabelle.G

Even though I secretely checked the scores at work, I was still nervous and held my breath when I watched the FD back at home. :D It was beyond perfection for me - I love the small changes they made. They must be so happy and proud of themselves, winning the GPF and proving they're capable of beating their biggest rival! (I was a bit sad for Tessa&Scott, but I would feel the same it the scores have been reversed).
A very important question for the end of my post - what do you think of Gabi's new dress? Or at least I think it's new: I'd say it's a bit darker and a mix of navy blue and purple?

mollymgr

Congratulations to P/C.:cheer2: Amazing performance. I always look at their FD and think how smart they were to make this choice for the Olympic season (especially when some teams make me want to put them on mute or not watch at all). They are one team that use every bit of the musical notes in their performance. They are sweet people too.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information