German Skating News 2017/2018

J

Jeschke

Ice Challenge updates:
Urban/Steffan sit in 3rd with 53,23pts.

Kreitmeier/Kempf are the only pair, scoring 39,48pts.
They crashed on the exit of the lift :yikes:
Kempf was done in the knc and looked like he was crying. Oh boy. Rough start for them as a pair :(
Just from the looks, they look stunning :glamor:

J

Jeschke

107,64pts in total for Kreitmeier/Kempf in Graz :(
This looks very very very laboured.
Both are former single skaters, and they go for an intentional 2-2 combo :huh:
The lifts are, unfortunately, horror to watch. Same with the knc. Seems like Kempf is doubting a lot his switch to pairs.

Nice to see that Kreitmeier got the dress of her coach; I won't comment the wedgie level for her age though :shuffle:

text_skate

I justed watched Kreitmeier/Kempf FS on youtube. The 2twist was ok. The rest of the program was kinda painful to watch, although only one fall. A lot of to do for these two.

While watching it, I realised, there is a livestream with live commentary. What can Graz do what Minsk can't:huh:. 64 viewing this :D. I just tuned in when Urban/Steffen skated. I was bored. Sorry to say this about a German team :rolleyes: – they train in Oberstdorf where once Germany's Dance team glory resided. 130 something pts in total.

J

Jeschke

While watching it, I realised, there is a livestream with live commentary. What can Graz do what Minsk can't:huh:
This :respec: And the worst thing is, that the challenger series (which I like) kinda kills this small events (looking at the entries here or the not-happening-NRW-Trophy)

I just tuned in when Urban/Steffen skated. I was bored. Sorry to say this about a German team :rolleyes:
:smokin:, all that matters for this team!

J

Jeschke

Worrisome outing by Schwendinger/Wunderlich in Graz; at least they met the criteria.
I can't comment about that program, it's so wrong, everything, even the silly posing before the first music sound starts, sorry :wall:
Him and her look not in shape, the skating very cautious and laboured. Ouch.
I still have to think about that JGPF-comment :wall:

Update in the #juniorsrace

Men
180,35 Jonathan Hess (Leo Scheu Memorial)
166,63 Dennis Gurdzhi (Ice Star Minsk)
160,01 Isaak Droysen (JGP LAT)
118,73 Kai Jagoda (JGP ITA)

Ladies
146,55 Lea Johanna Dastich (JGP CRO)
128,02 Ann-Christin Marold (JGP POL)
120,88 Lutricia Bock (Cup of Nice)
109.10 Carolin Hess (Leo Scheu Memorial)
108,42 Nicole Calderari (Leo Scheu Memorial)
107,32 Tiffany Klaunig (Leo Scheu Memorial)
102,12 Franziska Kettl (Cup of Nice)
97,70 Catharina Hausladen (Tirnavia Riedell Ice Cup)
88,24 Kristina Isaev (JGP LAT)

Pairs
138,64 Talisa Thomalla / Robert Kunkel (JGP POL)

Ice Dance
116,78 Ria Schwendinger / Valentin Wunderlich (Leo Scheu Memorial)
110,60 Sabrina Bittner / Andrej Lebed (International Halloween Cup)
102,88 Lara Luft / Asaf Kazimov (Ice Star Minsk)*
102,28 Charise Matthaei / Maximilian Pfisterer (JGP LAT)*

* not met criteria
---
Side note: I like that the Hess-siblings both have the 'Pearl Harbour'-FS music :rofl:

Marta24

I wouldn`t be so strict with Schwendinger/Wunderlich, because of their comment about the JGPF. They were 10th at last Junior Worlds and 5 teams, who were above them moved up to Seniors. I think they just underestimated the younger Russian teams and how much they would improve.
Let`s hope S/W can still have a good season before they move up next season.

J

Jeschke

I wouldn`t be so strict with Schwendinger/Wunderlich, because of their comment about the JGPF. They were 10th at last Junior Worlds and 5 teams, who were above them moved up to Seniors. I think they just underestimated the younger Russian teams and how much they would improve.
I don't want to be strict or rude but they are 19 and 21 and know the sport. Now they are not happy with the marks and disappointed. But maybe they are devastated because they just set their goals way too high.

It's speculation, I just hope they might have a good 2nd half of the season, still I am not convinced at all. As mentioned, the skating lacks a lot right now and they have been in better shape.

J

Jeschke

German Fed updated the #olympicrace ; nothing new of course, but seems like Schott is not skating Tallinn (which was the same time like Shanghai Trophy where she is entered too); so she has 2 CS and 2 GP plus nationals.

Seems like Fentz got an additional challenger, as he 'lost' his scheduled one due GP. I like that! Well done german fed!

Sabine-Yuna

What a bad season so far for German junior chicks. There ist just Dastich and thats it. Helleken with 110 pts. at Prague Riedell Ice Cup. Only two triples and two 2A and all of them with minus GOE. Hope Lutricia Bock starts getting back into Junior category, because the Olympic race comes to early after her injury. She'd better concentrate on JW.

figureskatingforlife

Honestly I don’t understand how the German fed let’s S/W through with such programs. They try to be different but you can only be different in this sport when you have a name.
Do a casual normal latin program and a normal FD. Also he’s pretty much the same age as Dieck or Polizoakis. How must he feel performing every year these weird childish Free dances?
What I don’t understand is... they actually are both good and solid skaters. The issue is not the skating skills it’s more the matching, the posture, the beauty of skating together. Instead of working on these things they’re trying to hide it year after year with some weird Free Dance. I’m sorry I had to be real.

Dobre

Honestly I don’t understand how the German fed let’s S/W through with such programs. They try to be different but you can only be different in this sport when you have a name.
Do a casual normal latin program and a normal FD. Also he’s pretty much the same age as

Hush! I love their FD. The fact that it is quirky & different is the best thing they have going for them this season. They need to bring up their skating skills to match.

Xela M

Do a casual normal latin program and a normal FD. Also he’s pretty much the same age as Dieck or Polizoakis. How must he feel performing every year these weird childish Free dances?
What I don’t understand is... they actually are both good and solid skaters. The issue is not the skating skills it’s more the matching, the posture, the beauty of skating together. Instead of working on these things they’re trying to hide it year after year with some weird Free Dance. I’m sorry I had to be real.

Bearing in mind that the Russian favourites for Olympic Gold in pairs are skating to a rendition of Nasty Boy and Candyman... :p

J

Jeschke

I am kinda confused. Catalin Dimitrescu is entered for GER at Cu of Tyrol.
He was entered at Crystal Skate for Romania, but did not skate.
Anyone has a clue what is going on here?!? :huh:

Alissa Scheidt skating seniors? I am happy she is still skating, but why does she not try to get to junior worlds?! It's not like it's not even worth a try regarding the current state of german junior ladies.

Mayer-Virtanen entered too. Wasn't she supposed to skate pairs this season?

Tons of german ladies in the junior category :respec:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Did they have to hand grade Bruno's test? Come on. Grade on a freaking curve or something. Skate America is next week, for God's sake. I. Need. To. Know.
Pessimist in me is thinking, 'we would already knew if he had passed' :shuffle:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I figured the German sports news would report one way or the other. Maybe he's getting partial credit and they're regarding. Hell, I took French in grad school for one semester because I had to and passed the written final exam. It can't be that hard. :drama:

Sedge

We may see this handled in an article announcing his citizenship..and no word on the German test.
Maybe he can travel to Skate America with a German passport...fingers crossed for that.

Lizziebeth

I just wish they would pass him and get it over with. Can he keep trying? Whats the absolute deadline for this????

Quadjump

According to an Eurosport article we will know Bruno's test result in the end of november. If he has failed there is no chance of repeating it again.

Alexander König seems to be disappointed about Bruno's German learning process.

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

According to an Eurosport article we will know Bruno's test result in the end of november. If he has failed there is no chance of repeating it again.

Alexander König seems to be disappointed about Bruno's English learning process.

:eek:

But English?? He should focus all his spare time on the German!! Not that there's much to do now but wait anyway....

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information