Australian skating news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandyline

The Senior Pairs event at the AFSC was scheduled for the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd December (the synchro weekend) - specifically to allow Katia and Harley to do both the AFSC and the JGPF. This is the schedule that's still showing on the ISA website. However, the ISQ version above is a later version. So this is all very curious. I wonder if ISA has agreed to give Harley and Katia a bye?

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I wonder if ISA has agreed to give Harley and Katia a bye?

Realistically, they would win Nationals with ease. Also, no other Australian team has the minimum short and long program TES required for Olympic Games qualification at present.

The concern I have is that defending their senior title, would mean training both the junior and senior short and free programs simultaneously.

Last year the team found out at Nationals, they had qualified for the Junior Grand Prix Final. They ended up skating quite poorly (for them), maybe due to the lack of preparation time.

I hope the ISA gave them a bye, so they can concentrate on the JGPF alone, and hopefully, take a medal.

sammyf

I didn't know that.

I believe his former partner, Jessica Rotondo, is skating novice singles.

Also, a new junior team has paired up and skated at a recent competition in South Australia.

There were 8 young teams who competed at the different state championships. If Ryan has a new partner and with A/D that makes 10 Australian pairs teams this year.

Marco

A different Aussie lady every Olympics - shout out to Jo Carter for being the only lady in recent Aussie skating history to have gone to 2 Olympics (but not consecutively, and under two different judging systems).

And what a relief for Kailani and her fans (including me!) - now time to work on your jumps! That 3loop3loop! Everything else is already quite wonderful!

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
A different Aussie lady every Olympics - shout out to Jo Carter for being the only lady in recent Aussie skating history to have gone to 2 Olympics (but not consecutively, and under two different judging systems).

And what a relief for Kailani and her fans (including me!) - now time to work on your jumps! That 3loop3loop! Everything else is already quite wonderful!

And heartbreak for Brooklee. It's both great and sad that we have two such high quality ladies and only one spot.

Surprised we got such an early announcement; I wasn't expecting this until Nats.

Marco

Well when Kailani won Nebelhorn, the race was over. It's just a matter of making the official announcement. I was worried that they meant to compare the other list and/ or the uncertainty in the wording of the criteria would cause controversy. Glad that's not the case.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

It would cost a lot of money for Katia and Harley to come back to Australia just for one competition when they don't really need to prove anything.

They are however, scheduled to compete at a second Challenger Series event in Estonia in a few weeks, which should be excellent preparation for the upcoming Junior Grand Prix Final, too.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108248.htm

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Brooklee was told many weeks ago so she had time to deal with the disappointment before the official announcement today. There were rumblings at Finlandia that the announcement would be made Nov. 9.

Given her tremendous contribution to Australian skating, I hope there is some way Brooklee is at least involved in the PyeongChang experience.

Dobre

Any news on why Kerry & Dodds withdrew from the Volvo Open? Should we still expect them at the Warsaw Cup?

misskarne

Congrats to Kailani for her invite to Shanghai Trophy http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108304.htm

So both Brendan and Kailani will be there!

Some good work from our ice dancers in Poland overnight. I thought Kim and Tim were much better than the judges gave them credit for and Chantelle and Andrew were one of only two teams to get a level 3 on the Rhumba pattern. Chantelle and Andrew are now only 5 points off the Worlds minimum for the SD.

misskarne

I hear Morrison/Rokachev (senior dance) will not be competing at nationals because he has a knee injury.

oml they're dropping like flies. *wraps all of the dancers in bubble-wrap*

I think we're literally down to Kim and Tim and Chantelle and Andrew. No Matilda and William, no Adele and Demid, and I thought I heard that India and Patrick had split. Phew. What was going to be an epic-five-way-battle has turned into a cutthroat duel...

firstflight

I must have missed something... What are you referring to?
He deleted the post after a former New Zealand female skater replied that he should redirect his energy towards something positive. It was a couple of pictures of him with a female whose face wasn’t visible. And the text was something along the lines of revenge against being wronged. Hashtag sloppyseconds.
My sense was that it was directed towards another guy.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

He deleted the post after a former New Zealand female skater replied that he should redirect his energy towards something positive. It was a couple of pictures of him with a female whose face wasn’t visible. And the text was something along the lines of revenge against being wronged. Hashtag sloppyseconds.

Sometimes, I keep forgetting how young these athletes are!

Kudos to that former skater from NZL for acting fast with her heads - up.

Last edited:

synchrogirl17

Oh dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information