Naked Ice Blog - Updated

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Nice list! I totally agree with Radionova, Asada, and Wagner. I'd have swapped out cobra boobs for Osmond, though.

And Leonova :rofl: --for me, that costume is in "so bad it's good" territory. Like a lot of what she does. ;)

Bellanca

I always look forward to and appreciate your insightful analysis re the competitions you cover. Thanks for sharing!

It appears the talent pool runs deep and we should see more exciting skaters in the very near future as they make their way into the senior ranks.

Thanks again, @kwanatic.

Bellanca

Spun Silver

JGP Enga-Neumarkt and the final standings for this JGP season. That was fast!

https://thenakedice.blogspot.com/2017/10/2017-jgp-enga-neumarkt-review-jgp-final.html :40beers:

I'll be posting my season preview for the seniors tomorrow ;)
Much appreciated as always but again, not accurate to say Rika is one of only two women in the sport currently going for the 3A. Starr Andrews does count as a woman, doesnt she? You could say only two senior ladies competing internationally, but it seems easier to just say three... assuming you think Tuk is not going to break hers out again soon.

Oops, forgot I was watching juniors. You cant even say three senior ladies.

I am loving Rika and Sofia, btw - nice to see so much personality!

Last edited:

kwanatic

Much appreciated as always but again, not accurate to say Rika is one of only two women in the sport currently going for the 3A. Starr Andrews does count as a woman, doesnt she? You could say only two senior ladies competing internationally, but it seems easier to just say three... assuming you think Tuk is not going to break hers out again soon.

Oops, forgot I was watching juniors. You cant even say three senior ladies.

I am loving Rika and Sofia, btw - nice to see so much personality!

I totally forgot Starr was going for the 3A. I guess I'm not including Starr because even though she's attempting it, realistically, she's nowhere close to getting it ratified. I think all of her attempts have been << so far. Still, I'm happy she's attempting it and hopefully she'll get one ratified soon and it will be a permanent jump for her. I'm hoping for good things from Ms. Starr. :)

I'm counting Rika and Mirai only because both have had ratified 3As this season. Liza T hasn't landed a 3A in competition in quite some time and I haven't seen her attempt one recently so she's not on the list either. I'd love to see her bring that jump back! It was a gorgeous one and it's definitely what she'll need if she wants that 3rd spot.

Spun Silver

Sorry to nitpick, but you use the word attempt. A 3A attempt and a ratified 3A are two different things.

Also Tsurskaya just competed in Russia last week. Looking good but unclear if she’ll be strong enough.

Thanks for your concise and enjoyable recap and preview. I like seeing Mirai on your short list!

kwanatic

Sorry to nitpick, but you use the word attempt. A 3A attempt and a ratified 3A are two different things.

No need to apologize. You're completely right:). Starr is indeed attempting the jump which is definitely not the same as getting credit for it. I like to be as accurate as I can with my blog so I've amended my post. It now reads, "Rika is one of only three women in the sport currently attempting the triple axel."

:40beers::D

clairecloutier

Good review @kwanatic. Cup of China will be quite a battle next week for the Japanese ladies, with Wakaba, Marin, and Mai all there. I bet we see 2 of them on the podium, along with Zagitova.

Spun Silver

Whew, watch your blood pressure there, @kwanatic. :) If it is any consolation (I know it’s not), I have never seen a Japanese skater complain about their results. (Classic example for me: Daisuke at 2012 Worlds, and there are too many Mao examples to list.) They always just say they need to work harder. Wakaba is certainly making a big statement.

I cant believe how tall Radio is now! (Podium pic.)

Thanks for your impassioned report. :)

clairecloutier

Agree 100% with pretty much every word @kwanatic.

Especially your take on the top 2.

As a side note, not too psyched about Amber's reaction in the kiss 'n cry. "It wasn't a disaster" and "I did a good triple Sal"? I mean, it's good to look on the bright side, I guess, but :confused:.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Yeah, it was rather shocking how low her confidence and expectations are. Bad grammar, I know. But you get the point.

Such a talented skater, but no confidence and seemingly no plan for improvement that she believes in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information