"No one knows Mirai's mirai" Nagasu cheer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chapis

My goodness. TRIPLE AXEL/TRIPLE TOE/DOUBLE TOE/DOUBLE LOOP combo!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::encore::summer:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaM0qVVHgve/

Remember when she said she couldn't do triple triple triples like Med in her Golden Skate interview? Challenge accepted!

Wow :eek::eek::eek:. Who are her sponsors?, she is so marketable, imagine a commercial with she doing that combination :respec::encore:. Plus she is beautiful, funny and charismatic.

Sasha'sSpins

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
Mirai's 3A cascade combo is a little UR but GORGEOUS and that is a TOUGH combo, that being said. her 2A-1/2R-3F sequence is clean as a whistle!

Does anyone know what such combos are worth, or is there somewhere I can look at what each jump is worth? And is the first one even allowed as it's four jumps in a row??

mag

Mirai's 3A cascade combo is a little UR but GORGEOUS and that is a TOUGH combo, that being said. her 2A-1/2R-3F sequence is clean as a whistle!

Does anyone know what such combos are worth, or is there somewhere I can look at what each jump is worth? And is the first one even allowed as it's four jumps in a row??

Here is the scale of values: http://www.skatinginbc.com/sites/default/files/technical-updates/sov_table_singles_170614.pdf

A four jump combo is not allowed. The second combo would be scored as a 2A+1lo+3F

worldsnice12

People can say what they want but as a skatingfan, I love these jump videos :cheer2:
For me it does not matter if Mirai (and other skaters) will never land all these training combos in competition, it is simply very exciting to see what a skater is "capable" of doing.
Mirai is in tip top shape so I am very anxious to see if she manage to hold it all together especially in the SP..The 3A seems like a pressure cooker in the SP and she is tough for holding onto the current 4 triples layout.
It is a bit ironic of someone who was once famed for being a SP skater seems to have turned into a LP skater. When was the last time she had a clean SP?Was it her personal best at he Autumn classic last year?

Sasha'sSpins

Score for the 3A combo is 8.5+4.3+1.3+1.8=15.9
Second combo is 3.3+.5+5.3=9.1

Thank you for the breakdown on both combos! Even removing the 2R at the end of the 3A combo, it would still be a very sweet return on points if she landed that combo clean! And if Mirai were to really go out there :inavoid: and land either combo in the bonus the return would be even sweeter still! :COP:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
So 2a3t2t vs 2a1l3f is 3.3+4.3+1.3 vs. 3.3+.5+5.3, or 8.9 vs. 9.1.

It's a shame that 2a-half loop-3f isn't substantially more valuable than the 2a3t2t combination. A mere .22 if done in bonus time.

It's almost not worth it because if you pop the flip, you've wasted your 3 jump combination. But if you can't tack the 2t onto the 2a3t, you could always put it on elsewhere.

Howsabout a 1foot 2salchow 3flip combination :)

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
If she wants to repeat the triple axel and triple flip or loop.

Triple Axel/Double Toe 8.5+1.3 = 9.8
Triple Axel 8.5
Triple Lutz 6
Double Axel/Half Loop/Triple Flip 9.1
Triple Flip or Loop/Triple Toe 9.6 or 9.4
Solo Triple Flip or Loop 5.3 or 5.1
Triple Salchow 4.4

52.7 max

Otherwise with the Double Axel/Triple Toe she would have to do something like she is doing now:
Triple Axel 8.5
Triple Lutz 6
Triple Flip/Triple Toe 5.3+4.3=9.6
Triple Flip or Triple Loop 5.3 or 5.1
Triple Loop/Double Toe 5.1+1.3= 6.4
Triple Salchow 4.4
Double Axel/Triple Toe/Double Toe 3.3+4.3+1.3 = 8.9

49.1 max

I guess 3.6 points could be worth it? I dunno what it would be with the bonuses. Keep in mind I think Evgenia's jump content is 43.9 without the bonuses.

bardtoob

The odd and interesting part is that, for example, the 2A-1/2Lp-3F looks more reliable than the 3F-3T :lol:

Those combos ending with a 3T seem so prone to downgrades, probably because they are so built up in her head, while the more technically advanced content seems like it is devoid of the mental barriers.

... :rofl: Maybe she with just forget 3T and do 4S because they are more interesting and less loaded with mental crap.

olympic

IIRC, Mirai's program has the 2nd and 3rd jumping passes pretty close together. I think the 3rd jumping pass would have to be a relatively simple solo 3 jump because there is no time for a big set up [3-3 or even a 3Z]. I only heard the speculation noted above that she might be interested in a 3A-2T over the 3F-3T. So, if we are playing w/ jumping passes, here's my fantasy:

3A
3A-2T (or 3T)
3S
----
2A-0.5L-3F
3Z-2T
3L
3F

Repeat the 3A and the 3F and just chuck the 3T altogether, unless she turns into superwoman based upon the Instagram clip!

ETA - if the 2A-0.5L-3F worth more than 2A-3T-2T?

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications ๐Ÿ˜
A lot of time spent on how to up her technical score but her PCS could use a nice big bump too. I hope her performance and interpretation elements are being considered by Tom and worked on too.

Performing to the last row of the audience (but not Medev style.)

Last edited:

Sasha'sSpins

I too hope they've been working on upping those PCS scores! They are what hold Mirai down even when her jumps are great versus the very top skaters every time! Speed, transitions, performance quality! The choreo is there but I think it's the bare bones. I'm willing to bet that Jeff gave Mirai way more choreo to work with than what she's generally been showing! Oh, and apart from the jumps she's got to keep those levels up! Sometimes she gets level 3's on her spins when she's way better than that! Level 4's all the way baby, that's where she needs to be each time on every thing!

As to the 3A and other combos - my dream is that she throws at least one of those 3A's in the bonus!

SkateFanBerlin

A lot of time spent on how to up her technical score but her PCS could you a nice big bump too. I hope her performance and interpretation elements are being considered by Tom and worked on too.

I agree. Many times during her expositions I wondered "why is this not showing up in competition?" With her spin advantage she should be competitive with Ashley. Though, Ashley is an amazing performer.

Spun Silver

A lot of time spent on how to up her technical score but her PCS could you a nice big bump too. I hope her performance and interpretation elements are being considered by Tom and worked on too.

Actually Medev style would be much easier for her, and if the judges are buying it... all she has to do is stop skating for a few secs, make faces, and mime a little. If that raises her PCS Iโ€™m all for it. :/

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
These practice vids are lots of fun, but if it all evaporates in competition, it starts to become a tease.

I wonder if the jumps at the Japan Open were really fully around or if the caller was just lenient? I don't know...I hope they were truly rotated and that it is a sign of things to come.

GullyGirl84

I mean, the caller certainly wasn't lenient with Karen's rotation calls :slinkaway Japan Open is a more fun, lesser pressure event than a Grand Prix, Mirai has talked about how the underrotations happen when she tightens up and holds back in competition. She has rotated 7 triple jumps in lps at 4cc two years in a row, but she has also talked about how that is an event with less pressure for her. Mirai should be allowed to post some videos without people getting in a tizzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information