2017-2018 Program Music and Choreographers

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
I wonder if they'll edit out the "He's a one stop shop with a real big unghhh" lyrics part ... :shuffle: family audiences and all that. I mean I would just leave it in and say screw it, if you're going to do it do it right. :bloc:

What would happen if someone came out and did a FD to "What's Your Fantasy" by Ludacris, Trina, Shawna,and Foxy Brown? But without any bleeping, do you think it would scare people? Music deduction? I would love it if someone came out and just went for it.

Last edited:

nimi

I don't usually listen to Xtina fan so I had to go to Youtube to remind myself what that song actually sounds like... And yeah, based on T/M's last season's SP I can totally see them pulling this off. Unless this is combined with the most embarrassing boogie woogie rock'n'roll song in the history or something.

honey

I think if T/M wanted to do a rock and roll theme, they should have done it for the short and not the long. Their sp music choice is perfect for them and would have made an excellent (if potentially generic) lp choice.

It just feels like boogie of any kind is best kept to small doses and that the serious music should be kept for the long program. But either way, I don't suppose it could be worse than their lp last season, so I will keep an open mind :p

nimi

It just feels like boogie of any kind is best kept to small doses and that the serious music should be kept for the long program.
OTOH there are gonna be so many "serious" Olympic FPs this season that T/M's choice could turn out to be refreshing.
But either way, I don't suppose it could be worse than their lp last season, so I will keep an open mind :p
THIS!

clairecloutier

Anyone wanting T/M to skate to serious classical music should remember how deadly dull their Chopin LP was in 2015-16 .... The traditional route isn't necessarily the answer for this team (although it might seem to be on the surface). Not sure if "Candyman" is either, but TBH I'm more enthused about that than I am about warhorse Rach 2 for the SP. (I felt an inward sigh as the familiar strains played on that Instagram clip.)

VGThuy

Yeah T/M have such a unintentionally heavy quality about them (not their skating so much as the mood) and I think they need something lively. Plus Mozer is challenging the notion of what Olympic programs should look like one or two or three pairs at a time.

S

SmallFairy

Thanks for the IG-videos. TM are going to kill me with that rock'n roll of theirs. I'm already mostly dead. Why is this happening to me? I only see Oksana B. with Victor P. over and over, and that was an exhibition, so I could live with it at the time but I cannot anymore. And certainly not for my babies, who suddenly started winning stuff last year. If they wanted speed and fun, couldn't they do something funky and fresh, not rock'n boogie. Blah. Why don't they just reuse the Jive Bunny and the mastermixers-hell, for all times sake, the music cutting has already been done. :wall::wall::wall::wall:

(My only hope is they will realize that rock thing isn't working, like when Daisuke tried to kill me with his rock'n roll sp and switched to Moonlight mid season...)

Looooove TM with Rach though. Rach 1 is not videly used, of course no.2 is warhorse a-plenty, but oh, such a brilliant one!

S

SmallFairy

Yeah T/M have such a unintentionally heavy quality about them (not their skating so much as the mood) and I think they need something lively. Plus Mozer is challenging the notion of what Olympic programs should look like one or two or three pairs at a time.

Well, Mozer+Olympic LP isn't exactly the words I would put together in a sentence. As much as I looooooved V/T, that JCSS was seriously zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
That definitely worked for them at Europeans and the GPF last year, technically they're so good that the music won't matter as much if they have a clean performance. I think they've improved artistically since the Chopin LP, it was a bit dated in general IMO. But then again last years LP happened afterwards.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
I'm going to make a bold prediction that Tarasova and Morosov's LP will be even more snarkworthy than last year's and the music will either be this or something even worse.

Anybody brave enough to admit they've seen The Identical? I've never heard of it before today, and it sounds . . . didactic, I guess.

ETA: I can't believe I forgot about this entry from last season's Melodifestivalen, which might be even more epic.

I think if T/M wanted to do a rock and roll theme, they should have done it for the short and not the long. Their sp music choice is perfect for them and would have made an excellent (if potentially generic) lp choice.

It just feels like boogie of any kind is best kept to small doses and that the serious music should be kept for the long program. But either way, I don't suppose it could be worse than their lp last season, so I will keep an open mind :p
One can only dream. Some cuts from Eilert Pilarm, Swedish Elvis impersonator, would be AMAZING. :D

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively

jenny12

Cherub721

YEAH!
Tarasova & Morozov's Chopin program wasn't choreographed by Tchernyshev (was it by Morozov)? I'm expecting it to be tons better than their past stuff... hopefully with more of a Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze vibe. The LP choice is unusual but I think it'll work if it's offset with some bluesy piece to have more variety. I always wanted Evgenia to dress up in old fashioned style. I think she'll look like a million bucks. It's an unorthodox choice though and part of me wonders if this isn't Mozer wanting to make it clear who are her #2 (thinking back to stuff Trankov has said), which would be so short-sighted. This isn't the kind of choice that says "we want the OGM."

I'm very curious what program Marie-France made that Stolbova & Klimov dumped. I mean, if they didn't want slow and romantic why even go to her... it's too bad she didn't work on Besame Mucho, I'm sure she could have added something there. I really wanted to see if she could push herself with something different for this team. I'm loving the choice of Carmen though. We don't have a really good, dramatic, iconic Carmen for the pairs the way we have with Witt, B&B, or V&M, and Stolbova would be perfect. I'm sort of picturing the choreography from last year with a very modern dance Carmen. THAT sounds like "we are in this for the OGM."

screech

What amuses me most about Candyman is that the 'Candyman' in the Christina Aguilera music video is Benji Schwimmer, who now does some figure skating choreography.

I kind of hope they don't use a 'radio edit' version.

suki

Tarasova & Morozov's Chopin program wasn't choreographed by Tchernyshev (was it by Morozov)? I'm expecting it to be tons better than their past stuff... hopefully with more of a Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze vibe. The LP choice is unusual but I think it'll work if it's offset with some bluesy piece to have more variety. I always wanted Evgenia to dress up in old fashioned style. I think she'll look like a million bucks. It's an unorthodox choice though and part of me wonders if this isn't Mozer wanting to make it clear who are her #2 (thinking back to stuff Trankov has said), which would be so short-sighted. This isn't the kind of choice that says "we want the OGM."

I'm very curious what program Marie-France made that Stolbova & Klimov dumped. I mean, if they didn't want slow and romantic why even go to her... it's too bad she didn't work on Besame Mucho, I'm sure she could have added something there. I really wanted to see if she could push herself with something different for this team. I'm loving the choice of Carmen though. We don't have a really good, dramatic, iconic Carmen for the pairs the way we have with Witt, B&B, or V&M, and Stolbova would be perfect. I'm sort of picturing the choreography from last year with a very modern dance Carmen. THAT sounds like "we are in this for the OGM."

Skate Gods, please don't give us another Witt or B&B (and for that matter Navka & Kostomorov) Carmen. I still have nightmares about those cheese-tastic programs.:scream: On the plus side, I can see Stolbova doing a totally bad-a** Carmen who is nobody's victim.

Amy L

There's another clip of Tarasova & Morozov here. I don't recognize this piece, but it certainly has a lot of YEAH! in it.

EDIT: I think it's Ready Teddy, definitely a cover song and definitely not Little Richard.

VGThuy

There's another clip of Tarasova & Morozov here. I don't recognize this piece, but it certainly has a lot of YEAH! in it.

Before I clicked on that link, I was expecting Christina Aguilera's wailing in Burlesque. No idea why that song is so popular in skating and gymnastics.

nimi

There's another clip of Tarasova & Morozov here.
Cool lift!

I'm feeling you, @VIETgrlTerifa. Part of why I'm feeling pretty positive about this apparent "Candyman/Boogie Woogie" hybrid is that at first mention of a Xtina track I was expecting wailing so getting some not-so-waily Xtina and some YEAH! thing is a huge relief...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information