From Russia with love [#27]: Summer 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebraswan

(for the record: dudess).. Vasya is 19. She should be either a) studying or b) training or c) working. and not "doing nothing". no ifs of buts. those who don't work, don't eat (old russian saying: кто не работает - тот не ест).

And she could easily be doing any of those things without advertising it on Instagram. What business is it of yours? Do you assume everyone else is lazy if they don't notify the world of their personal business on social media? In any case, she was at a training camp not 2 weeks ago, so surely you would have noticed that, since you are so invested in her lifestyle.

Perky Shae Lynn

If that is true, i hope HE dumps her when she is 30+, without a job or a profession, no accomplishments, as an example to other women how NOT TO waist your life while young.
You are ridiculous. She was a professional athlete. Dedicated herself to training since the age of what, 5 or 6? That's an accomplishment already. You have no idea what she does in her non-instagram life. She may be completing a Ph.d in astrophysics, and you wouldn't know. Your ill wishes for another human being are disgusting.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
(for the record: dudess).. Vasya is 19. She should be either a) studying or b) training or c) working. and not "doing nothing". no ifs of buts. those who don't work, don't eat (old russian saying: кто не работает - тот не ест).

Vasya can do whatever she likes with her life. She is just 19. If she is taking her time to explore and decide what she wants to do next, that's her business. If she is already doing something, that too is her business. That Russian saying is very good but I don't think it applies in her case. She has plenty of time to develop a career or go back to skating. As a high level skater, I am sure she has plenty of options even if she didn't go to school/college to pursue a career other than skating. If and when she has to make a living for herself, I am sure she will find her way. It is not for anyone else to judge.

What bothers me about your post is that you are judging someone so young and even have ill will toward her. Your ill will bothers me the most.

Last edited:

quiqie

Last I heard, she was studying. In MSU. She may very well still be doing that. Is there any evidence to the contrary besides your preconception about her being a trophy wife?

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Hmmmm. I mean on the one hand it's smart, it completely tackles her lack of personality - but on the other hand I still think that Sasha Cohen would like a few words with her.

(Fan fiction, just for those who adore it. ;)Even if it ends up only being me.)

(Sasha with a megaphone):sasha1::soapbox:"MARIA!!! :angryfireWhy aren't you looking at the audience? Who are you looking at exactly?!? The people in the ice?! Shoulders back, extend your foot - MARIA!!! :mad: Why in the world are you just standing there - perform your music :sasha1: -MARIA!!!? :wall: Where is that sparkle we talked about? Society wants you to shine Maria, Put your chin down - you aren't smelling the stadium food again, are you?! MARIA!!!!! :angryfire " :sasha1:

She does have lovely lines and really strong skating, I guess overall I give this a B- for improvement. With potential for a B, but no higher.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't brilliant either. Too many crossovers, and it wouldn't hurt if she tried to sell it. She is very pretty girl, elegant, she smiled, it was fine watching it, but I was lacking a spark. I was hoping that training with Radionova under the same coach may help her a little bit with selling her programs.

Sylvia

TBD
Anna Shcherbakova (expected to make her JGP debut this year) was scheduled to appear in the "Dreams on Ice" shows in Japan this week but had to withdraw due to injury :(
Daniil Gleykhengauz posted a photo with/note of support for her on his Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWkx1yGlAVS/?taken-by=d_gleykh&hl=en
I think he writes her injury (lower leg is bandaged) happened on a triple loop?

ETA:

He also posted "A few starting points [poses] from new programs" of Team Tutberidze (group photo): https://www.instagram.com/p/BWkYF2nFp70/?taken-by=d_gleykh&hl=en

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Last I heard, she was studying. In MSU. She may very well still be doing that. Is there any evidence to the contrary besides your preconception about her being a trophy wife?
She said she is "enrolled" in MSU in "sports management".... So far she learned how to be "cheezy cute"... posts silly videos "how to cut-up a t-shirt into hoochie-mama forms": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5za9IYNYv2g

..... and a video how to "be cute" in a trampoline park.... wiggling her butt around, not a disciplined practice for gymnasts or platform divers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=311wdr680cM

and a video "20 things you need to know about me".... Of the 20 things she lists:
- I can't stand being in the same country for more than 2 months, i need new excitement of a new place (smile)
- If I could, i would shop 24 hrs a day. I am the kind who just have to spend her last 1000 rubbles on stuff (smile)
- I am a glutton, i eat 7-8 times a day, but i have special metabolism and don't get fat. (smile)
- I am very lazy..... I have no willpower to make myself do anything i don't want.... hopefully it changes, but i don't think so (smile)
- Because i am lazy i will not care for pets; guests come with pets to my house, pets are cute, but i don't want to clean their poop and bother feeding them. (cute smile)
- I can't imagine living without sweets.... my life is literally incomplete without candy..... (another cute smile)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbLKOF468gM

If there were "7 deadly sins", she added to them and perfected them...... And she thinks it is so cute to be so "jaded".

None of it would bother me, really..... IF in our offices in Russia we did not receive, on almost daily basis, 5-6 young women in their 30's, asking for "any kind of job", having no skills other than "pushing buttons on electrical devices" and "shopping", who were happily married in their teens and 20's, thinking their "prominent husbands" will take care of them for the rest of their lives, while they can remain "Lolitas".

Ka3sha

Last edited:

quiqie

She said she is "enrolled" in MSU in "sports management".... So far she learned how to be "cheezy cute"... posts silly videos "how to cut-up a t-shirt into hoochie-mama forms": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5za9IYNYv2g

..... and a video how to "be cute" in a trampoline park.... wiggling her butt around, not a disciplined practice for gymnasts or platform divers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=311wdr680cM

and a video "20 things you need to know about me".... Of the 20 things she lists:
- I can't stand being in the same country for more than 2 months, i need new excitement of a new place (smile)
- If I could, i would shop 24 hrs a day. I am the kind who just have to spend her last 1000 rubbles on stuff (smile)
- I am a glutton, i eat 7-8 times a day, but i have special metabolism and don't get fat. (smile)
- I am very lazy..... I have no willpower to make myself do anything i don't want.... hopefully it changes, but i don't think so (smile)
- Because i am lazy i will not care for pets; guests come with pets to my house, pets are cute, but i don't want to clean their poop and bother feeding them. (cute smile)
- I can't imagine living without sweets.... my life is literally incomplete without candy..... (another cute smile)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbLKOF468gM

If there were "7 deadly sins", she added to them and perfected them...... And she thinks it is so cute to be so "jaded".

None of it would bother me, really..... IF in our offices in Russia we did not receive, on almost daily basis, 5-6 young women in their 30's, asking for "any kind of job", having no skills other than "pushing buttons on electrical devices" and "shopping", who were happily married in their teens and 20's, thinking their "prominent husbands" will take care of them for the rest of their lives, while they can remain "Lolitas".
If we were to go around judging people based on their internet activity, I'd have to say you have suspiciously too much time on your hands to watch and take notes of someone you consider so unworthy, wouldn't I.
I am lazy, I have pets only by proxy, I like sweets and travelling too, all these sins didn't prevent me from getting an MD and a PhD.
And I know for a fact that in Russia, unlike many other countries, for every 5-6 girls whose biggest ambition is to be a housewife, there are hundreds of women who are educated and competent, and none of them watches Vasilisa's vlog or whatever it is she has. Why they don't apply to work in your company, I have no idea.

3T3T

That's really disappointing news from A/S. Yes, they had their difficulties but I thought/hoped that their free skate was a turning point for them. I felt their presentation and skating skills were a level above their other junior competitors.

hanca

Values her privacy
Ah that sucks. Seriously, how many of those russian junior pairs do survive? :wall:

Spiridonov always gave me some Miner-vibes; hope he will be back with whomever.
He is not on icepartnersearch, so either he had to retire from any reason, or Pavlova already has replacement for him sorted. Pavlova tend to reshuffle pairs who in her view are not working out well. For example, Kudriavtseva had two partners under Pavlova before she got Simenenko.

clairecloutier

He is not on icepartnersearch, so either he had to retire from any reason, or Pavlova already has replacement for him sorted. Pavlova tend to reshuffle pairs who in her view are not working out well. For example, Kudriavtseva had two partners under Pavlova before she got Simenenko.

The positive aspect of this is that Atakhonova could move to a different coaching group, which I would see as a good thing.

adelia

Spiridonov's new partner is Kudriavtseva, according to Amina via her askfm. She does not know who made the decision, Pavlova or Ilia but it was Ilia who broke the news to her on Thursday. She had been seeking treatment for her back recently.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The positive aspect of this is that Atakhonova could move to a different coaching group, which I would see as a good thing.

I hope you are right but a lot depends on who she partners with. As we know, there is always a shortage of male partners who are equally talented.

hanca

Values her privacy
Spiridonov's new partner is Kudriavtseva, according to Amina via her askfm. She does not know who made the decision, Pavlova or Ilia but it was Ilia who broke the news to her on Thursday. She had been seeking treatment for her back recently.
Oh, no, so they also managed to split Kudriavtseva/Simenenko? That's really annoying. Could Amina skate with Simenenko? He is quite tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information