WEAVER AND POJE: The Future is Golden

barbarafan

I agree. Love these qualities!
The only thing I missed with Andrew was the hint of total confidence and domination of the ice which seemed to be improving at their first outings this yr but missing a bit at 4cc. Hope they are getting their last wks of training totally together and they peak at worlds. I do not expect them to get silver or gold but anything else depends on how they step on the ice. They need to dig deep for that special mastery and bubble that is necessary to make sure they are not ignored.

princeton123

That would be a great result for any team as you look at the teams out there. G&P solidified their#3 placing with dirty politicking from their coach and cdn skating world, Skate Canada dirty judges and policies and eliminating all the teams that had the ability to possibly overtake them.Oh as well the TV stations which do what Skate canada tells them. I hope there is a complete cleaning house of the old guard at Skate Canada so skating is fair again in Canada. And no W&P and P&C are not my fav teams (V&M is) but fair is fair and this is just as bad as doping.

Uhhhh....this is a bizarre thing to say without any proof.

beebee

A gentle reminder that this is a WeaPo fan thread. I left a previous thread because of the negativity of some posters and now they've followed us here. Please take your negativity elsewhere. This is a thread for the fans of WeaPo--not a place to try to tear them down.

bwayrose7

To me, they have always had enough charisma. Certainly no less than Shibutanis and, even more so, Chock/Bates (I don't find Evan Bates charismatic at all although he is learning in the performance department) and Bobrova/Soloviev. W/P are a visually beautiful team, and Weaver is so intense and emotional. With Poje his looks are already enough, but he also has a more contained, quieter intensity about him. Together they have great chemistry (in my opinion). And they are such wonderful interpretators of music.

This is exactly what I love about this team. They're not showy or in-your-face, but there's a steady intensity and complexity to their skating, their chemistry, and their performances that always draws me in. It's very natural, in my opinion, rather than a more obviously deliberate performance style, and it makes them one of the teams I always look forward to watching.

supergirl573

That would be a great result for any team as you look at the teams out there. G&P solidified their#3 placing with dirty politicking from their coach and cdn skating world, Skate Canada dirty judges and policies and eliminating all the teams that had the ability to possibly overtake them.Oh as well the TV stations which do what Skate canada tells them. I hope there is a complete cleaning house of the old guard at Skate Canada so skating is fair again in Canada. And no W&P and P&C are not my fav teams (V&M is) but fair is fair and this is just as bad as doping.
Name those teams that had the ability to overtake them. There were none.

Areski

This is exactly what I love about this team. They're not showy or in-your-face, but there's a steady intensity and complexity to their skating, their chemistry, and their performances that always draws me in. It's very natural, in my opinion, rather than a more obviously deliberate performance style, and it makes them one of the teams I always look forward to watching.

Well said :)

beebee

I'm hoping for much better programs next season. I watched W/P's SD again today and it was even more awful than it was the last time I watched it. The choreography looks so dated. I feel like their skating skills are good; it's the choreography that is letting them down overall. And I still can't figure out why they left DSC.
Don't feed the troll

barbarafan

So does anyone see an improvement in W/P's skating since moving to Morosov?
Yes I did..Right from their first outing this yr I noticed a big difference in how they presented their material..It looked more dynamic.4cc was not so good.I hope they got good steady training in the last weeks.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Love! @ka2sh @ksenia_stolbova :glamor: :cool:

Reposting the below from Lori Nichol, David Wilson thread:
The exhibition she choreographed for Weaver/Poje is STUNNING. i mean it made me appreciate the Ghost Musical soundtrack:eek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQPyRqNchVI

Quite, quite lovely... Ahhhh! I missed seeing this because I don't usually catch many exhibitions throughout the season. Thanks for sharing. :) Kudos to Weaver/Poje for the grit and growth they are showing. Yay!

Hmmm, Tracy Wilson suggested that W/P should turn this exhibition into their Olympic FD. Have W/P yet announced their new programs?

Emilia12

^^ Love! @ka2sh @ksenia_stolbova :glamor: :cool:

Reposting the below from Lori Nichol, David Wilson thread:

Quite, quite lovely... Ahhhh! I missed seeing this because I don't usually catch many exhibitions throughout the season. Thanks for sharing. :) Kudos to Weaver/Poje for the grit and growth they are showing. Yay!

Hmmm, Tracy Wilson suggested that W/P should turn this exhibition into their Olympic FD. Have W/P yet announced their new programs?

No, not yet. The only thing we know is that they went to Florida for a week to work with the Kerrs recently

Last edited:

VGThuy

It'd be so refreshing to see an ice dance team perform to programs created by or at least influenced by the Kerrs. I wish them all the best because they are such a strong, wonderful team I hope they can skate strongly this season.

Here is a cute photo Jackie Wong posted of them with the Shibs at the Figure Skating in Harlem event:

https://instagram.com/p/BTnQ1hmFQUB/

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Mad for Skating

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Because they work hard and make good life choices. :) and genetics

Is there any news on their FD? :watch: this off-season will be a humdinger. I have to admit I agree with Tracy Wilson on turning their "Ghost" ex into a competitive program (never thought I would ever type that phrase into existence after I/K, ironically by Morozov)... I was shocked at how effective, natural, and seamless the program was. It's probably the best "Ghost" that's been done, I really wouldn't be mad at them about it.

Emilia12

Is there any news on their FD? :watch: this off-season will be a humdinger. I have to admit I agree with Tracy Wilson on turning their "Ghost" ex into a competitive program (never thought I would ever type that phrase into existence after I/K, ironically by Morozov)... I was shocked at how effective, natural, and seamless the program was. It's probably the best "Ghost" that's been done, I really wouldn't be mad at them about it.
Lori Nicol choreographed the "Ghost" program, and I think it's quite possible that they might ask her to do the FD this season. Or maybe they did some choreo with the Kerrs, it might be quite interesting as well, quite risky though

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
She never does ice dance programs at all. The "Gost" was her first program for ice dance couple

:rofl: Wow. um... earth to Lori? :shuffle: we need you.

I hope Kaitlyn & Andrew had a big epiphany, talk about a secret weapon! That's what they need to keep building off the positive momentum they've created, Lori could be exactly what they need going into next season IMO.

She's someone who could compete head to head with :DLauz1:, if we can have both of them in ice dance it would be a miracle. They'd probably even start competing with each other on who does the best material! :cheer: :kickass: This really has to happen soon.

Her first ice dance program, and it's the one theme people would've been fearful of seeing again (!), and she turns it into a masterpiece! You won't see a more clear-cut positive sign anywhere else :lol:, she's a :saint:

Lori has been depriving herself of the holy grail this entire time. :wuzrobbed :p

Last edited:

lauravvv

Sadly to say I think they are done, never been the same since V/M came back
W/P had problems before Virtue/Moir came back, even before their comeback announcement in the second half of the 2015/2016 season. They (actually it was mostly Poje) were making mistakes at important competitions and had programs that many people did not like (although I personally was not one of those people).

Their style and overall skating changed after going to Morozov, but not for the worse. I personally don't like that their programs have lost the intricacy that they were known for before, but they (their latest programs) were nice enough, and many people liked the FD better than their previous programs. Their skating itself actually seems improved, they have better glide/flow, or perhaps it's simply not hindered by intricate transitions anymore, and their lifts are executed with more ease and are not overheld anymore (or at least not as often as before). Poje still had twizzle problems most of the season, but finally managed to overcome them and skate clean at Worlds where it really mattered - unlike in previous seasons.

Them starting the season with quite low PCS and placements was not just because they skated badly and with mistakes. Actually, apart from the twizzle mistakes, they skated quite well already at the beginning of the season. I think it was obvious that the real reasons why judges were so cautious in their marks for W/P were their previous failures, and, yes, probably the return of Virtue/Moir. Although I don't really see why the latter would influence the judging as much as people think it does when judges don't hesitate to place three American ice dancing teams so high and so close to each other.

In any case, W/P's PCS grew at the end of the season, and now they are at least clearly back in the mix with teams like Chock/Bates, Bobrova/Soloviev, Cappellini/Lanotte and Hubbell/Donohue. In my opinion, with good programs and clean skates they could even compete with or at least come close to Shibutanis this coming season. After the season they are going to be done in any case, no matter how good/bad they skate or how high/low they place.

Mad for Skating

Well, Andrew, I wouldn't mind some of those genetics getting passed down to our kids...LOL just kidding.
I really would love GHOST as a FD. They skate it so beautifully. I'm usually not someone who cries over skating (well besides pairs but that's for different reasons lol) but this Ghost got me a little choked up, so I'd say they're doing a darn good job at acting it all out.
In general, I just love WeaPo and want to see them medal again. TBH I've never been the biggest Virtue/Moir fan, and while Papadakis/Cizeron are talented, their style isn't quite for me. WeaPo are my ideal ice dance couple.

lauravvv

In general, I just love WeaPo and want to see them medal again. TBH I've never been the biggest Virtue/Moir fan, and while Papadakis/Cizeron are talented, their style isn't quite for me. WeaPo are my ideal ice dance couple.
Well, I am one of those weird (apparently) people who love both Virtue/Moir and Papadakis/Cizeron and also Weaver/Poje :yikes:. And I like Shibutanis too :eek:. No, I know that those emoticons are exaggerated, but the dominating attitude on these forums and elsewhere seems to be that you can't be a fan of both V/M and P/C, both V/M and W/P, or both P/C and S/S.

In any case, I also want W/P to medal at Olympics. I would be glad for Shibutanis too, but I think they can continue for at least a few more years, if not until the next Olympics, while W/P are most likely going to retire.

barbarafan

Well, I am one of those weird (apparently) people who love both Virtue/Moir and Papadakis/Cizeron and also Weaver/Poje :yikes:. And I like Shibutanis too :eek:. No, I know that those emoticons are exaggerated, but the dominating attitude on these forums and elsewhere seems to be that you can't be a fan of both V/M and P/C, both V/M and W/P, or both P/C and S/S.

In any case, I also want W/P to medal at Olympics. I would be glad for Shibutanis too, but I think they can continue for at least a few more years, if not until the next Olympics, while W/P are most likely going to retire.

ITA...I luv all 3 and am fond of SS and also like some juniors and senior Saucisse&Firrus...I always want them all to do their best performances yet and let the chips fall where they may.

Mad for Skating

Well, I am one of those weird (apparently) people who love both Virtue/Moir and Papadakis/Cizeron and also Weaver/Poje :yikes:. And I like Shibutanis too :eek:.

And I am TOTALLY fine with that! I'm like that with pairs - I have about 8 favorite teams and I wish they could all win Olympic medals! The more skaters you like, the better - it makes it easier to watch because then one of your favorites is always winning something. Don't put all your eggs in one basket!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information