Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir : Just For Us # 45

girlscouse62

It looks like a very Japanese style arrangement??? I have to say my age really shows when it comes to being honest about this. I much appreciated the shorter hairstyle better than this. :yikes::yikes: Any way you look at it, he is a very good-looking young man. Tessa's dancing is phenomenal as usual. No one does it better!

chapis

Yes, the hair is a little weird, but why are they dancing this? do you think their FD will be this style?

Shayii

Yes, the hair is a little weird, but why are they dancing this? do you think their FD will be this style?
You're being generous it's more than a little weird. I couldn't stop laughing reading the comments--half the people are for it while half hate it. I've wondering why they keep dancing hip hop with Sam too, but I don't think it's going to be their theme for next season. I think they're just having fun off the ice. I would like to see some Latin videos now though.

chapis

You're being generous it's more than a little weird. I couldn't stop laughing reading the comments--half the people are for it while half hate it. I've wondering why they keep dancing hip hop with Sam too, but I don't think it's going to be their theme for next season. I think they're just having fun off the ice. I would like to see some Latin videos now though.

But Tessa said it is work. Maybe an exhibition.

Shayii

Yeah you're right I didn't really pay attention to the caption. Personally, I'm tired of hip hop after Sorry and Good Kisser so I'm hoping it's not for their ex (why did they abandon What's Love anyway). And definitely not for the FD lol.

Meyers

If I remember correctly, Scott was not a great advocate for Tessa's red hair. Seems to me he made some comment about preferring brunette.

From an interview in 2007:

Natasha (UKR): Tessa, will you make hair-style changes for next season? Scott, do you like red hair?

Tessa: Right now I’m back to my natural color of brown, but who knows! I liked going red last year for a change . . . I always joked that I felt more a part of my family, as both of my brothers are redheads! I am easily bored with my hair, so a change in the near future is quite possible.

Scott: Actually I prefer brunettes. Oh you’re talking about Tessa! In that case I loved her red hair last year. However, I must confess my eyes aren’t so good with identifying colors so I pretty much like any hair color she decides.
http://www.goldenskate.com/2007/09/interview-with-tessa-virtue-and-scott-moir/

sap5

I've wondering why they keep dancing hip hop with Sam too, but I don't think it's going to be their theme for next season.

It's probably to work on different aspects of dance in general -- expression, rhythm, timing, etc. It's more fun to practice those things to a variety of music. I'm sure they're listening to tons of Latin as well, so it's nice to switch it up sometimes.

Debrah

Like Scott's hair longer, just as it was this past season, or gelled if necessary for latin looks, but it's awful in the half man bun which I suspect was only worn to keep it out of his eyes for the purpose of the hip hop training vid... Scott and Tessa have the experience and maturity to choose what works best for them as a team. They don't need to be overdone, or over styled, simple and classy to showcase bodylines, or iconic to theme of specific dance style a la SD/FD Olympic 2010, or this past season's purple rain SD even just the look from their black magic woman program (see link above) really seems to work for them; the fabulous ice dancing skills are what counts with this team - no distractions or camouflage are necessary!

sap5

You know it's the off-season when there's this much discussion about someone's hair. I say let him have fun with it. He's lucky he can still grow it that way when there are others like Prince William who were practically bald by age 30. Enjoy it while you still can, Scott! ;)

barbarafan

Ok I hadn't seen this video. I too hate Scott's hair. I was thinking of the longer hair he had all season which I liked a lot, but this half bun thing is just awful. I bet he won't compete like that.
puhlese....he is doing dance class..a vigorous one...& is prob. sweating like a pig...This is work time...not pretty performance time. I Thank them for showing us the background work that goes into those perfect seemingly effortless performances they show us at competitions. Leave no stone unturned.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
puhlese....he is doing dance class..a vigorous one...& is prob. sweating like a pig...This is work time...not pretty performance time. I Thank them for showing us the background work that goes into those perfect seemingly effortless performances they show us at competitions. Leave no stone unturned.
I must admit that I've been changing my mind about it. I get why he was doing it, but when @girlscouse62 suggested it was kind of Japanese style I began to see it differently, and realised how I'd been viewing it through a very narrow idea of what's attractive. I too thank them for showing us the background work. I love that they do that.

Zazy

Hair aside, Scott is a lot less stiff than he was in the videos from last year. This kind of routine is tough for him and he did well.

I wonder if they'll be doing a hip hop-influenced latin program? They obviously did a great job with the hip hop rhythm this past season but I'd rather see something different. Especially since they do ballroom on ice better than anyone.

Emdee

Me too...though some of is a warhorse.But warhorses can be unique as we saw in Carmen. However, wasnt the Lieutenant American?

Hope we know soon.

Sonata

Personally, I think Scott is just wearing a man bun because it's trendy and he's living in Montreal where people are fashionable and proud to show off their style. Nothing else.

They did talk about having a lot of work to do in the off season, and I believe we can already see how that's paid off by Scott's deeper expression in the past few videos compared to some other ones from last year. (Tessa's expression in hip hop was already stellar.)

Also I wonder if they plan on working with Jean-Marc Genereux, as they live in the same city and he would do a great Latin SD.

lauravvv

Maybe they are skating to something With Japanese elements? Madama Butterfly?
It would be interesting, but somehow I doubt that, especially because, as you said, lieutenant Pinkerton is American, and I have never seen him shown as wearing a man bun.

Last edited:

sap5

Jack and Diane is about 2 American kids....

But I don't think Madame Butterfly is in the cards either. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information