Royalty Thread #7: Do They Get Frequent Flier Miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatesindreams

According to reports, Willem-Alexander will be training to pilot another type of plane.
This one is being retired from the fleet.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Hopefully it all goes well. Have to admit, I had no clue who she was marrying so I had to do some reading this morning to at least know his name.

Meh, who cares - I'm all about the dresses for Pippa, Kate and Meghan, and whatever George and Charlotte are wearing :lol:

Very much looking forward to the Daily Mail photo spread, and deep analysis on What Kate Wore and What Kate's Kids Wore :)

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Pippa's wedding this weekend!!!

I've been reading about the preparations & apparently Pippa is a bridezilla. I read that she is asking her guests to wear a different outfit to the reception than the ceremony. I don't know how accurate that is but I suppose we will see in pictures.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
I've been reading about the preparations & apparently Pippa is a bridezilla. I read that she is asking her guests to wear a different outfit to the reception than the ceremony. I don't know how accurate that is but I suppose we will see in pictures.
Since the reception apparently will have a Scottish theme, maybe she wants all the men to wear kilts? That could be either :grope: or :yikes:or :rofl:. :shuffle:

MsZem

I see the sea
I've been reading about the preparations & apparently Pippa is a bridezilla.
So let's not support bridezillas and leave the decidedly non-royal Pippa out of this thread ;)

I wonder to what extent the Japanese royal family will modernize, if at all. Several other countries now have absolute primogeniture; Crown Princess Victoria, the Princess of Orange and the Princess of Asturias are all next in line to their countries' thrones. Meanwhile in Japan, women still can't be in the line of succession for the Chrysanthemum throne, and they become commoners upon marriage. Given that there is only one prince in the younger generation of the royal family, I suspect that eventually something will have to give.

MsZem

I see the sea
Since bridezillas are a royal pain in the ass, Pippa gets honorary mention. :p Plus you surely wouldn't want to miss the royal cuteness of her pageboy and bridesmaid, George and Charlotte.
I'll wait until the actual cute pics show up ;)

In the meantime, Infanta Sofia had her first communion this week, and she looks darling (and so proud!). Queen Letizia and the princesses are stylish, as usual.

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea
^Maybe it's the photo and the hair but the girls look like they could be (fraternal) twins.
They were actually born 18 months apart. I think Sofia is just really tall for her age - takes more after her father in that respect!

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Ooo! Just saw a still photo of Pippa on sky news, not mega keen on the dress so far but will reserve judgement til I see it in full.

Catherine M

I love Pippa's dress. Think it suits her really well and she looks beautiful.

Not sure of Catherine's dress color but do like the style.

I feel bad for Meagan that the rule is that she can't go to the church cause she's not engaged or married to Harry. Guess that protocol is a little outdated for me.

MsZem

I see the sea
Carole Middleton certainly knows how to put together an excellent mother of the bride look.

Love Pippa's dress. Off topic, but maybe this dress will end the horrible sleeveless wedding dress trend that so very few brides can pull off.
If seeing the gorgeous wedding gowns worn by Crown Princess Victoria, the Duchess of Cambridge, and Princess Charlene didn't inspire more women to go with sleeves, I don't think Pippa Middleton's will have that effect, either.

clairecloutier

I like Kate's outfit, except for the 80s sleeves with the big band at the wrists. Ugh. Otherwise a solid pick, and I'm sure her goal was to look nice but keep the spotlight on Pippa, which this achieves. Carole's outfit is great too.

Pippa's dress is very classic and looks good on her. I'm not sure it's particularly memorable, but it's very attractive.

I have to say--Charlotte & George are the stars of the show for me. They could hardly look any cuter or more adorable!

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Pippa's dress was gorgeous from the back but I thought the front was too high & I wasn't crazy about the cap sleeve. It made her dress look tableclothy. And I thought other than the fact that both dresses were full lace hers didn't look anything at all like Kate's. Every news site I read (3) mentioned how similar they were & I was going :huh: Two news sites let us know that the designer is the favorite of Kendal Jenner - like who the F cares, esp in England, what Kendall Jenner likes?

The outfits on the little kids were gorgeous & I loved the glass house the reception was in.

liv

I thought pippa's dress was beautiful and perfect for her. She chose the perfect cap sleeves to give her a beautifully balanced silhouette.... like her bridesmaid dress for kate's wedding did for her. The lace was lovely... nice open back... Her hair up was lovely too. I think she looked better in her wedding dress than kate did in hers, but that is not a criticism, just a comparison. So glad it wasnt some strapless number like so many choose. Not a fan of the dress Kate wore today, it just aged her imho, but it was still pretty. it did the job of keeping her from upstaging the bride.

ballettmaus

Pippa's dress was gorgeous from the back but I thought the front was too high & I wasn't crazy about the cap sleeve. It made her dress look tableclothy. And I thought other than the fact that both dresses were full lace hers didn't look anything at all like Kate's. Every news site I read (3) mentioned how similar they were & I was going :huh:

The cut itself seems to very similar. But I guess, when it comes to wedding dresses that is not really unusual and why not? If Pippa liked the cut of her sister's dress then she can very well say to the designer that she did. I don't think she was trying to copy her. I also think that the different fabrics made them look very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information