"No one knows Mirai's mirai" Nagasu cheer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I just heard about Mirai's 3-axel in practice on the new Ice Talk podcast with Nick McCarvel and Jackie Wong. I checked it out on Tom Z's instagram. The jump looks very clean and confident for Mirai. It will be interesting to see when she's ready to compete it this season. Both her programs are wonderful this season! Go Mirai!!! :cheer2:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I just heard about Mirai's 3-axel in practice on the new Ice Talk podcast with Nick McCarvel and Jackie Wong. I checked it out on Tom Z's instagram. The jump looks very clean and confident for Mirai. It will be interesting to see when she's ready to compete it this season. Both her programs are wonderful this season! Go Mirai!!! :cheer2:
Thanks for sharing this. I didn't have a chance yet to listen to the Ice Talk podcast. I'm really excited for Mirai and I'm wishing her the best this season. She did so well last season, and I feel she'll do the same this season! Way to go Mirai! :respec:

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Triple Axel in practice! https://www.instagram.com/p/BLMbtOEj4Dd/?taken-by=coachtomz

ETA: Impressive that there's no hesitation on the entry (outside) edge/takeoff!

I love that Mirai's still practicing the 3A! I hope she gets it consistent in time for her run at the Olympics. But above all I hope she's got her mojo back and WINS a few major events or makes the podium! That 3A looked strong and sure! Looks like it's just a toe pick away from being all the way around! :cheer2::respec::cheer::rockstar:

Last edited:

B.Cooper

Nice that Mirai is working on developing the 3A. Wish her coach would help her clean up her landings on her other triples.

arakwafan2006

Nice that Mirai is working on developing the 3A. Wish her coach would help her clean up her landings on her other triples.

Because they don't even try. Matter of fact, they probably don't even know she needs help. So grateful for you. You REALLY should get in touch with her coach because he probably doesn't even know there's anything wrong with her other jump landings and neither does she.

Last edited:

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
:watch: you know, this unexpected LP by Mariah Bell at Skate America might be exactly what Mirai needed to see in order to :kickass: and have another great competition in Canada. Another great outing for Mirai the second time in a row.

I mean it doesn't hurt, and I'm putting every last good vibe I can muster for her into beating Medvedeva somehow (who is lovely.) this week. It's time to put the tiger fangs on, sharpen the claws, and POUNCE, girl. :coffee: She can do it

I hope it's a great week for her!!! :cheer2:

Last edited:

worldsnice12

I dunno but for the first time in quite some time, I have rather "high" expectations for Mirai. Obviously, Medvedeva is a lock for the first place (I cannot see her having any sort of meltdown and I do not wish it either) BUT, given the great shape she seems to be in, she should be able to fight for a podium finish here. It would be fantastic if she could nail a similar SP as at the AC and with a better LP. I still think she was overwhelmed by her SP score at AC and got too nervous heading into her LP. It was a good experience for her and I think Mirai is strong enough mentally to put that behind her and not tighten up as much should she score well in the SP at SC..

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
While Mirai did tighten up she didn't implode. I wasn't watching the live feed and when I saw the score for the long program I was disappointed and didn't want to watch but when I finally watched the program a week later I was pleasantly surprised. Mirai was tight but fought for it until the end. She didn't appear to have any random bobbles which she usually has when she is tight. That under rotation call on the axel combo was very close IMO and she missed levels on the step sequence which can be corrected. I have high hopes for Skate Canada.

bardtoob

:cheer2: Nagasu, Medvedeva, and Tuktamysheva :cheer2: ... The 2018 Olympic Podium!

... Ashley can win Worlds 2017 and Gracie can love skating and dominate 2018-2022.

B.Cooper

Because they don't even try. Matter of fact, they probably don't even know she needs help. So grateful for you. You REALLY should get in touch with her coach because he probably doesn't even know there's anything wrong with her other jump landings and neither does she.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic awakwafan2006...but from Lombardia...
http://www.fisg.it/upload/result/4144/senior/CSITA2016_SeniorLadies_FS_Scores.pdf
It seems that Mirai struggles with the full revolution of the jumps in the later portion of her program (i.e. ..... < )
Not sure if that is a conditioning issue??

Sylvia

TBD
Not sure if you are being sarcastic awakwafan2006...
arakwafan2006 was being sarcastic.

ETA:
Creating the program: Costume shines for Nagasu
Detailed wardrobe preparation has American ready for Skate Canada

Posted 10/25/16 by Sarah S. Brannen, special to icenetwork
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/10/25/207088174
Over the summer, we followed along with Mirai Nagasu as she and her team selected music for, choreographed and trained her new free skate. The last piece of the puzzle, the costume, only arrived Oct. 21, just in time for Nagasu's appearance at 2016 Skate Canada this week.
Designer Pat Pearsall created a white, heavily crystalized dress for Nagasu's "The Winner Takes It All" program. The ABBA song, in a version sung by Sarah Dawn Finer, is a slow and sorrowful torch, and the lyrics don't contain references to obvious visual elements.

Last edited:

mag

Oh dear, I do wish Mirai would go with a little more cutting edge style when it comes to costumes. The white is very pretty and sparkly, but it looks like many of the dresses you see online. Those long illusion sleeves are just so heavy and so dated! That modified sweet heart neckline and asymmetrical slit down the front has been around forever. Mirai is young, fit, and very attractive .... surely they could have found something else.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
arakwafan2006 was being sarcastic.

ETA:
Creating the program: Costume shines for Nagasu
Detailed wardrobe preparation has American ready for Skate Canada

Posted 10/25/16 by Sarah S. Brannen, special to icenetwork
Thanks for the post. I'm happy Mirai's receiving more attention on IN than before. That said, IN's article is not correct. The last piece should be make-up and hair-do. ;) I wish KOSE will support her with her make-up. win-win :cheer:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Excerpts from the IN article originally posted by Sylvia
Nagasu told Pearsall to go ahead with her vision and surprise her. Pearsall finally decided that the dress would look like ice cracking and falling away. It would be white, which stands for purity.

"It needed to be a stronger look than just a white dress with really pretty stoning on it. It needed to be edgier," she said. "I wanted the dress to look like there were cracks in it. This is easy to do with stoning because the stones look like ice."
Pearsall added one final detail to the dress, which may not be visible to anyone in the audience. She added some pearl beads to the center of the dress, hearkening back to the pearls on the dress she made for Nagasu's acclaimed The Great Gatsby free skate last season.

"I wish there was some way I could add something to say, 'All this is breaking apart, but there's something emerging,'" Pearsall said. "When all this breaks away, what emerges is this beautiful pearl."
Can't wait to see the dress under better lighting than the photo on the article! We need to wear glasses and look for THE pearl beads with our own eyes. :cheer:

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
It should've been less theme-oriented with the color. This dress has been over-thought and the end result is kind of basic IMO, but it could still be nice all the same. I hate that the designer chose white, and I also hate the reasoning behind it when they could've been more creative and just tried to make a beautiful dress not based on a plain ordinary white color. Foul ball into left field.

I'd be a total diva b!tch about it and demand a re-do :drama:, even with all of the obvious ice network/dress designer promotion :saint: I don't effing care, do it again. I'm the winner, ME!!!!! :encore: :drama: white doesn't say winner it says let's blend in. :drama:

Whatever, I love her and go Mirai! :cheer2::cheer2:

Last edited:

Spun Silver

I like the dress and the concept and it looks like it will move well. Last year she was overdressed IMHO. I welcome a course correction. White can be memorable and stunning, especially with Mirai''s coloring.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Talking about a white costume, I see a battle of white costumes among strong skaters at Skate Canada. I mean all of the following skaters wear white costumes in FS - Mirai, Satoko and Rika. Mirai is more dynamic/faster than Satoko, and more polished than Rika, and the bonus is Mirai's 2A is much better than Rika's. She has tools to stand out among them. Go Go Go Mirai. :cheer: :biggrinbo

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Mirai just did a clean run-through of her short program. :kickass: I think it would've scored about 74-75 points and IMO she should get high 8's/low 9's for this program. It's seriously probably the best short she's ever had. She skated after Medvedeva did a clean run-thru of her long with two 3/3/3 combinations, and she's much faster and has better ice coverage and skating skills than Evgenia. It's obvious. This short is getting freaking amazing, the expression is better than Autumn classic and I'm super impresssd with how Mirai looks here. :cheer2: If she's clean I think she could win.

Last edited:

kittysk8ts

Mirai just did a clean run-through of her short program. :kickass: I think it would've scored about 74-75 points and IMO she should get high 8's/low 9's for this program. It's seriously probably the best short she's ever had. She skated after Medvedeva did a clean run-thru of her long with two 3/3/3 combinations, and she's much faster and has better ice coverage and skating skills than Evgenia. It's obvious. This short is getting freaking amazing, the expression is better than Autumn classic and I'm super impresssd with how Mirai looks here. :cheer2: If she's clean I think she could win.
It would be so wonderful for her if she wins. But if not gold, I hope she at least is happy with her performances and has performances she can build on. What a great line up at Skate Canada this year. Mirai was never one of my faves in the past, but she is now. The moxy it takes to keep going after so many heartbreaks inspires me. Go Mirai!

snoopy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information