San Jose, California will host 2018 U.S. Nationals (Dec. 29, 2017 - Jan. 7, 2018)

Sylvia

TBD
https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/770342011169677312
"Find out where #USChamps18 will be in 3:45pm ET!"

https://twitter.com/SAPCenter/status/770334271693201408
"Head over to our Facebook page for a special announcement at 12:45PM! [Pacific time]"

Press release link will be edited in here when published. ETA: http://www.sapcenter.com/news/detail/san-jose-selected
U.S. Figure Skating announced the selection of San Jose, California, as the host city for the 2018 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Dec. 29, 2017- Jan. 7, 2018. The 2018 U.S. Championships will serve as the final qualifying event prior to selecting and announcing the U.S. Olympic Figure Skating Team that will represent Team USA at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games. Competition and practice will be held at SAP Center at San Jose and Sharks Ice at San Jose.
Tickets to the 2018 U.S. Championships will go on sale later this fall. For more information and to sign up for ticket alerts visit www.skatesanjose2018.com.

Last edited:

Lacey

Ah, San Jose was Rudy Galindo's home, and where the champs were held when he won in 1996.

Think he's still there, yes, he is working with Polina.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Sounds great! I may even be able to attend.

ETA: I just realized that the hotel prices will be out of the roof and I won't be able to afford hotel room plus the ticket prices. Only a miracle will help me attend.

Last edited:

ross_hy

You can book Starwood hotels 18 months out, so I just made a reservation at the Four Points next to the convention center. The Westin's blacked out for reservations right now.

It's not cheap ($275/night) but at least I can use it as a placeholder until other hotels open up their availability. The rate I booked can be cancelled - if you're already all in on San Jose, you can get a slightly cheaper rate fully prepaid.

Tavi

:)

Hmm, I thought this sentence was interesting:

"The 2018 U.S. Championships, which will take place Dec. 29, 2017-Jan. 7, 2018, will serve as the final qualifying event before the selection and announcment of the skaters who will represent Team USA at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in PyeongChang, South Korea."

Final qualifying event = we remember that fiasco with Mirai.... ;)

AnnM

I remember hotel prices being fairly reasonable in 2012. I had stayed at Hyatt Place, which was walkable to the arena.

sk9tingfan

Checked out fares/timing from Hartford and forget it! I would be better off taking the train cross country. I would have to fly out of Boston.

Carolla5501

I was able to book the "Championship Weekend" at the Westin using an AAA rate for $200 Can be cancelled until a few days prior

I figured I would hold it pending info on tickets/hotels etc...

A.H.Black

I HATE that arena. Drafty, seats are hard on the knees, stairs are very steep and get harder and harder as the week goes on, and the arena amenities are not fan friendly. California always charges massive prices for tickets too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information