Unpopular Opinions

Susan1

Baths - boooooring. Hot tub was fun till it go too hot and I got dizzy. A jetted tub wasn't fun because all of me above the water got cold and you can't fill it up to your neck!

I'll stick with shower, shampoo, go..........

And I don't like babies either - crying, bodily fluids, messes, the smells. I get dizzy walking past the diaper aisle in the store.

I've never seen a Star Wars movie. Or a lot of popular things I can't even think of right now.

However, skatepixie, if you NEED to eat yogurt for some reason, Yoplait is the only one I can stand. The flavor is mixed in already, no aftertaste. I've had one practically every day for about 20 years to help with stomach problems.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Paesi che va, usanze che critiche?
I usually do not correct spelling, that would be funny... but it's not about spelling.
The original phrase you took "Paesi che vai, usanze che trovi" (before substituting the last word for "critiche") has a meaning of "In Rome do as Romans do", even if the words work out to something like "when coming to a new country you deal with new laws/rules". If to substitute "trovi" for "critiche", it does not quite come out as "new countries, new critique". Say it simply "nuovo paese , nuova critica".. :lol:

Last edited:

clairecloutier

On the other hand, I really enjoy interacting with older kids who are able to express themselves. Love having conversation with them, their point of views can be original and funny. One thing always makes me sad is when in a gathering of adults and kids, the ones attracting the most attention are the little ones and no one could care less what the 7 yr old and above are doing, they're not as cute anymore for many adults (maybe it's just my surroundings).

I have noticed the same thing--that people are not so interested in the 5-,6-, 7-yr-olds. I am surprised, too. 7 yr olds can interact with you so much more than a 2 or 3 yr old--you'd think people would enjoy that.

Vagabond

I usually do not correct spelling, that would be funny... but it's not about spelling.
The original phrase you took "Paesi che vai, usanze che trovi" (before substituting the last word for "critiche") has a meaning of "In Rome do as Romans do", even if the words work out to something like "when coming to a new country you deal with new laws/rules". If to substitute "trovi" for "critiche", it does not quite come out as "new countries, new critique". Say it simply "nuovo paese , nuova critica".. :lol:

I usually do not correct your grammar, even in English. :shuffle: But when it comes to moods, I feel impelled to speak up. :p

The original phrase is "Paesi che va, usanze che trove, using the more formal (Lei) second person singular (effectively the third person): "The countries where you go, the customs you may find." The "trove" is in the subjunctive, not the indicative. Thus, my take was, "The countries where you go, the customs that you may criticize." :argue: :judge: :lynch:

Which reminds me of an unpopular opinion I will defend till my dying day: Everyone should master the subjunctive, even in their third, fourth, or fifth language.
:soapbox:

Not that your version isn't snappy in its own way. :shuffle:

Last edited:

skatepixie

However, skatepixie, if you NEED to eat yogurt for some reason, Yoplait is the only one I can stand. The flavor is mixed in already, no aftertaste. I've had one practically every day for about 20 years to help with stomach problems.

I can't even do that one -- can't even be in the same ROOM as someone eating it, in fact. But then, need is such a strong word -- and probiotics tend to set my stomach off in the worst of ways.

Honestly, I do think that if I needed to eat yogurt every day to survive, I'd say goodbye to my family and friends and figure hey, it was a nice life.

TOADS

Toad whisperer.....
Can't stand bacon or sausage or any pork product for that matter...

The smell of pot is completely nauseating. Been that way since the 60s...

Not into reality shows but love cheesy sci-fi movies...

Tinami Amori

Japanfan

Baths - boooooring.

Agreed. Their sole purpose is to get clean. Bathing in a scented bubble bath in a candle-lit bathroom just has no appeal to me. I get in and out of my baths in record time (no shower here, so it has to be baths).

Adding another unpopular opinion: I do not like new age philosophy for the most part, although I might find bits of here and there that are appealing.

I especially dislike Louise Hay and even more so, Eckhart Tolle.

ilovepaydays

Here are some of mine:

1) I feel like I am the female I know who hates the color pink. In fact, my favorite color is blue. Why is it considered to be the default color for boys?

2) Of course Beyoncé is talented. I just don't get how people think that everything she does is the greatest stuff ever.

3) I hate kale. And I really did try to cook and eat it a number of ways.

4) I hate cilantro. It tastes like soap to me.

5) Christina has always been more talented than Britney. I don't think it was ever close.

6) Frozen was one of the lamest movies that Disney has ever made.

7) Those super soft Lofthouse cookies with the ton of frosting on top are some of the most disgusting things ever.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I read in the tub.
Okay, I just have to ask this.... how do you keep the book from getting wet? I love the *idea* of reading in the tub but the reality never lives up to it because I get too aggravated trying (and failing) to keep the book dry.

screech

I'm not put off by some body hair. I think we have become too waxed. Sometimes seeing men and women totally shaved makes me think of them as children. And sometimes I think their partners might want to see them that way. Yuk.
Me too. While I am always neatly maintained, I had an ex try to bribe me into going completely bare. To me I'll do it sporadically for myself for maintenance purposes, but I don't like the feeling when hair grows in, and I can't shave there daily because of razor burn and ingrowns. I do shave my legs and armpits on a regular basis. One late July I was going on vacation for a week and didn't want to bring razors, so I got waxed - hardest thing was letting my leg and bikini hair grow out for weeks, in the summer.

I agree with Frozen being lame. The whole time I kept wondering 'when is it going to get good?' Let it Go was the worst song in the whole movie. And I hate all the focus on Elsa over Anna - Elsa was technically kind of the villain, and not the main character! And it's a crime that Jonathan Groff didn't get to really sing.

I don't get people who drink wine for fun or for the purpose of getting drunk. I only have a glass occasionally with dinner. To me it's not a drink I have to relax, or for social occasions. I also don't understand people who have to get drunk at every social gathering - if you need to be drunk to have fun, then something's wrong. I enjoy soberly seeing the idiotic things the drunk people do, though.

I rarely eat breakfast. If I eat too soon after getting up, or too early in the morning, I get nauseous. I usually can't eat until around 10ish, and by then I'm at work, so I just wait until lunch (at 11).

Tinami Amori

Okay, I just have to ask this.... how do you keep the book from getting wet? I love the *idea* of reading in the tub but the reality never lives up to it because I get too aggravated trying (and failing) to keep the book dry.

Bathtub shelf..... for computers, books and drinks..
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ed/0e/fb/ed0efb4577f7bc0612ce3010d8c41d40.jpg
http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.190237949.jpg
http://www.architectureartdesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ArchitectureArtDesigns-777.jpg

quartz

scratching at the light
I don't drop it. Which is bizarre because I am total klutz. I think I have dropped one book ever, and I have been reading in the tub since I was a kid.

BaileyCatts

I don't like beer. Or wine. If I go to a restaurant that serves drinks I might get a strawberry daiquiri, but that's about the extent of my liking alcohol. :p

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I don't drop it. Which is bizarre because I am total klutz. I think I have dropped one book ever, and I have been reading in the tub since I was a kid.
But don't your hands get wet and then, when you hold the book, the wetness transfers?

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
6) Frozen was one of the lamest movies that Disney has ever made.

Thank you, how did that make a gazillion dollars will never cease to amaze me. I mean compared to other great Disneys, this one has nothing special. And that song ..... Plus, the only thing I wanted to do during the movie was strangled that snowman.

VGThuy

I honestly think most Disney movies aren't nearly as good as people make them out to be. Especially the classics. I do understand why animators study them and understand the impact that they had, and the better songs go from catchy to great to excellent, but I think the stories and characters are really lacking watching them now as an adult. Which is fine, except so many adults are still obsessed with them.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Wreck it Ralph was way better than Frozen and absolutely should have won the Oscar over Brave for Best Animated Film.

ItalianFan

I usually do not correct your grammar, even in English. :shuffle: But when it comes to moods, I feel impelled to speak up. :p

The original phrase is "Paesi che va, usanze che trove, using the more formal (Lei) second person singular (effectively the third person): "The countries where you go, the customs you may find." The "trove" is in the subjunctive, not the indicative. Thus, my take was, "The countries where you go, the customs that you may criticize." :argue: :judge: :lynch:

Which reminds me of an unpopular opinion I will defend till my dying day: Everyone should master the subjunctive, even in their third, fourth, or fifth language.
:soapbox:

Not that your version isn't snappy in its own way. :shuffle:

In any case, grammatical or not, ha indovinato il senso !!

ItalianFan

I can't even do that one -- can't even be in the same ROOM as someone eating it, in fact. But then, need is such a strong word -- and probiotics tend to set my stomach off in the worst of ways.

Honestly, I do think that if I needed to eat yogurt every day to survive, I'd say goodbye to my family and friends and figure hey, it was a nice life.

I agree if we're talking about American yoghourt which in my experience doesn't have much to do with the real stuff....(normally found in places like Greece, Bulgaria, Slovenia ie places where yoghourt is a staple of the normal diet and not a low cal something or other) (example of unpopular opinion on one side of the Atlantic)

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
7) Those super soft Lofthouse cookies with the ton of frosting on top are some of the most disgusting things ever.

I generally dislike any store bought cookie, and really dislike super sweet frosting, but for some odd reason I love the Lofthouse cookies. :lol:

I don't get people who drink wine for fun or for the purpose of getting drunk. I only have a glass occasionally with dinner. To me it's not a drink I have to relax, or for social occasions. I also don't understand people who have to get drunk at every social gathering - if you need to be drunk to have fun, then something's wrong. I enjoy soberly seeing the idiotic things the drunk people do, though.

I rarely eat breakfast. If I eat too soon after getting up, or too early in the morning, I get nauseous. I usually can't eat until around 10ish, and by then I'm at work, so I just wait until lunch (at 11).

Well, if you learned to get drunk for no reason, then you'd start to like breakfast more. Why else is Denny's so popular at 3:00 am? (Not that I'd know anything about that from my misspent youth :shuffle:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information