The GAY thread

Ozzisk8tr

Also adding a few more, Ronnie Milsap, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Barbara Mandrell, Kenny Rogers, Dwight Yoakam, Shania Twain, George Strait, Alan Jackson, The Oakridge boys ...

Have just skipped through this thread, but I had no idea all these people were gay. ;)

dardar1126

I really like Clay Aiken...great voice, witty guy, good actor...he just tweeted this:

Clay Aiken ‏@clayaiken 31m
Finally a realistic representation of gay men for gay men. @hellomrmag #checkitout

I've never heard of this magazine. Any of you guys know about it? If so, what is your opinion of it? :confused:

dots

I really like Clay Aiken...great voice, witty guy, good actor...he just tweeted this:

I've never heard of this magazine. Any of you guys know about it? If so, what is your opinion of it? :confused:

Clay is an actor?

Hello Mr. is the equivalent of Out Magazine in the US.

dardar1126

Clay is an actor?

Hello Mr. is the equivalent of Out Magazine in the US.

Yeah, he's been on Ed, Days of Our Lives, The Office and Scrubs; starred on Broadway as Sir Robin in SPAMALOT; recently played The Man in the North Carolina Theater production of The Drowsy Chaperone, and will star in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat later this month in the Ogunquit Playhouse production (Maine). :cool:

Last edited:

dots

Yeah, he's been on Ed, Days of Our Lives, The Office and Scrubs; starred on Broadway as Sir Robin in SPAMALOT; recently played The Man in the North Carolina Theater production of The Drowsy Chaperone, and will star in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat later this month in the Ogunquit Playhouse production (Maine). :cool:

Wow, I didn't see that coming. Well I guess I should have lol He does have a big voice.

dardar1126

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201....html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003&ir=Gay Voices

Alan Turing Must Be Pardoned Demands House Of Lords
The Huffington Post UK | By Ned Simons
Posted: 19/07/2013 13:13 BST | Updated: 19/07/2013 13:49 BST

Excerpt:

Alan Turing looks set to receive a pardon, after the government lent its support to a Bill that would overturn the wartime codebreaker's conviction for being gay.

Turing took his own life with cyanide in 1954 at the age of 41 - he had been sentenced to chemical castration for the crime of gross indecency.

The mathematician, one of the fathers of computer science, worked at the British government's Second World War code-breaking headquarters at Bletchley Park. He is best known for having cracked the messages sent by the German Enigma machines and is credited with saving the country from starvation.

On Friday peers demanded that Turing be given a pardon as they gave Lord Sharkey's Alan Turing (Statutory Pardon) Bill its second reading.

The Lib Dem peer told the House of Lords today that Turing was treated with "terrible cruelty" and insisted the country and government owed him a debt. "The government knows that Turing is a hero and a very great man, they acknowledge he was cruelly treated," he said.

EDIT: via Twitter...

PinkNews ‏@pinknews 23m
Video: Peers call for pardon of Alan Turing as pardon bill has Lords second reading http://p.ink.cx/1axotkx

I didn't watch the whole video (it's over an hour), but I watched the first 10-12 minutes when Lord Sharkey is speaking. It's well worth your time imho.

EDIT2:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk-news/2...don?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Enigma codebreaker Alan Turing to be given posthumous pardon
Government indicates support for backbench bill to pardon mathematician who took his own life after indecency case

Nicholas Watt, chief political correspondent
The Guardian, Friday 19 July 2013 15.03 EDT

Last edited:

PeterG

Kingston, Ont., lesbian couple threatened, told to move out of town

How the letter opens:

Lesbian bitches:

We are a small but dedicated group of Kingston residents devoted to removing the scourge of homosexuality in our city. We know you and have been following you for the past several weeks and we wish for you to leave this city, before it is too late for you. This will be the first of many reminders, each escalating to higher and higher levels of harassment and derailment.

The article mentions that BB guns have been give the younger members of the group "so that they can hunt you down."

Another portion of the letter:

We feel that unless homosexuals reconvert to heterosexuality that life under this planet, under the umbrella of our Lord Jesus Christ, will become unbearable. Having observed you, we feel that you are committed lesbians unlikely to convert, hence this (first and only) gentle attempt to make you move.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
We feel that unless homosexuals reconvert to heterosexuality that life under this planet, under the umbrella of our Lord Jesus Christ, will become unbearable. Having observed you, we feel that you are committed lesbians unlikely to convert, hence this (first and only) gentle attempt to make you move.
Gee, way to show that Christian love. . . :rolleyes: Creepy, too: "we have been following you for the past several weeks"?? What kind of person does this?

Dear Mean People:

We feel that unless you actually, REALLY convert to the way of Christ, who just *happened* to say that loving your neighbor was the second-most-important command, we'll just continue to be frustrated by people like you who continue to make Christianity look bad. Life on this planet with people like you is sometimes unbearable, but we'll do our best to love you anyway.

Sincerely,

Christians who don't take a few Bible verses wildly out of context and possibly mistranslated as well to shape the entirety of their lives and as justification for bigotry

dots

IMO there's too much fascination with the gay culture for him to be 100% straight :saint: and that fascination must come from within him.

I don't know why or how, but something [clearly] arouses his curiosity.

dardar1126

http://americablog.com/2013/07/puti...mpaign=Feed:+AMERICAblogGay+(AMERICAblog+Gay)

Putin Airlines flight safety video: How not to act too gay during the Sochi Olympics (funny video)

7/26/2013 10:00am by John Aravosis

I’d written about the growing boycott of Stolichnaya vodka over Russia’s brutal and violent crackdown on gay and trans people, and anyone seen to be giving them comfort.

Well, now someone’s done a brilliant video about “Putin Airlines,” where if you act a tad too gay, you get cuffed.

Artemis@BC

I was at a (gay) wedding yesterday, and it was an absolutely perfect, sunny & cloudless evening. I said to my friend sitting next to me "If god really did hate gays, we'd have thunder, rain, and tornados right now. Take that, homophobes!" :D

dardar1126

Ughh! I can't help liking that nerd Cheyenne Jackson :swoon:

Killing Me Softly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OZFSuZfExs&feature=player_detailpage#t=41s

Marry me Cheyenne!!!!!!!!! :slinkaway

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/170921/cheyenne-jackson-confirms-plans-to-divorce-husband-monte-lapka/

Cheyenne Jackson Confirms Plans to Divorce Husband Monte Lapka
NEWS By Broadway.com Staff July 31, 2013 - 4:18PM

Excerpt:

Broadway hunk Cheyenne Jackson has split from Monte Lapka, his husband of nearly two years and partner of over a decade. The pair wed in September 2011 in an intimate beach ceremony in the Hamptons.

The duo released a statement regarding the separation: “Cheyenne Jackson and his husband Monte Lapka have mutually decided to divorce. The couple have been together for 13 years, and were married in NY State two years ago. It is an amicable parting and understandably, a private matter.”

I'm sad to hear this news. :(

But I guess dots just got another chance.... :HA!:

kylet3

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/170921/cheyenne-jackson-confirms-plans-to-divorce-husband-monte-lapka/

Cheyenne Jackson Confirms Plans to Divorce Husband Monte Lapka
NEWS By Broadway.com Staff July 31, 2013 - 4:18PM

I'm sad to hear this news. :(

But I guess dots just got another chance.... :HA!:

Except he has apparently gotten a very young new boytoy, has moved to West Hollywood and his new tattoos look like he had them done by a prison inmate and that handlebar mustache leaves a little to be desired... Mid-Life Crisis maybe? I was in WeHo a couple weeks ago, it's not very big in terms of area and didn't see him out and about (I probably would have had a fanboy moment if I had), but either way I hope he is happy whichever way.

dots

Wait! So maybe I'm not going crazy after all... (??)

I swear I saw him walking on Sunset Blvd. right by Freestyle Photo, but I was like nahhh.

So he's in Cali now? Could it be that I saw him walking on Sunset blvd.? He was carrying a plastic bag from Home Depot. :confused: :eek:

Not to sound like a "fangirl" but OMG! OMG!!!!!! :swoon: :swoon:

dots

Except he has apparently gotten a very young new boytoy, has moved to West Hollywood and his new tattoos look like he had them done by a prison inmate and that handlebar mustache leaves a little to be desired... Mid-Life Crisis maybe? I was in WeHo a couple weeks ago, it's not very big in terms of area and didn't see him out and about (I probably would have had a fanboy moment if I had), but either way I hope he is happy whichever way.

A real shame if those rumors are true :( to throw it all away for sex and drugs.

dardar1126

Y'all have seemed to take some wild leaps with the gossip! I know the mustache is for a movie role, maybe the tattoos aren't real and are for the same role.

As far as having a new boyfriend...maybe...and if so, sex...probably.

But to imply drugs?!? :wideeyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information